The Student Room Group

Remarks - will give rep!

Has anyone got any results of their 2014 A Level remarks yet?
Reply 1
Original post by KatieCod
Has anyone got any results of their 2014 A Level remarks yet?

Only Edexcel.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Only Edexcel.

Yeah so what result did you get?
They've already been done? I got given some form incase i want to remark /retake any but I didn't know I had to hand it in that quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mrchemistry
They've already been done? I got given some form incase i want to remark /retake any but I didn't know I had to hand it in that quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those will probably be the priority ones for people in A2 trying to get into Uni

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Yeah so what result did you get?

Not mine (I'm an exam officer) but we've had 1 out of 3 Economics go up and 1 out of 2 Physics (but have chosen not to go for another few Physics as the priority scripts showed the marking was fair).
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Not mine (I'm an exam officer) but we've had 1 out of 3 Economics go up and 1 out of 2 Physics (but have chosen not to go for another few Physics as the priority scripts showed the marking was fair).

Oh right! I have ordered a photocopy of my Edexcel script..will this be emailed to me, and if so when? Apparently Edexcel have been marking very harshly this year, is this true? I am not sure whether to get my economics paper remarked? What usually makes the marks go higher?
Reply 7
Original post by mrchemistry

Deadline for priority re-marks and priority scripts is next Friday 22 August.
Deadline for re-marks is 19 September.

However, the system is all geared up to turn them round quickly at this time of year so you get a much swifter response.

However, a lot of it depends on how the exam office processes requests - you have to log in to a secure site to make requests so it's fiddly to keep doing it and to keep swapping between different exam boards (and the websites keep timing out on you if you leave them for 5 mins) so they may wait a day or so before doing a batch - or they may not be paid to be in again until next Wed when the GCSE results come out.
Reply 8
Oh right! I have ordered a photocopy of my Edexcel script..will this be emailed to me, and if so when? Apparently Edexcel have been marking very harshly this year, is this true? I am not sure whether to get my economics paper remarked? What usually makes the marks go higher?

Edexcel are uploading scripts onto their secure site within a couple of hours of being ordered (including yesterday) but the school then needs to see that, download them and email them to you.

So far we've had about 15 scripts back that teachers have assessed and the marking seems accurate for subjects we've asked for (Maths, Physics, Economics), if a little harsh in Maths.
Reply 9
Can someone please tell me how to apply for prioruty remark Edexcel A2.
Original post by Compost
Edexcel are uploading scripts onto their secure site within a couple of hours of being ordered (including yesterday) but the school then needs to see that, download them and email them to you.

So far we've had about 15 scripts back that teachers have assessed and the marking seems accurate for subjects we've asked for (Maths, Physics, Economics), if a little harsh in Maths.

Any idea about ocr bio and chem? Has there been any increase in those subjects?
Original post by Munchee
Can someone please tell me how to apply for prioruty remark Edexcel A2.

You have to do it through your school. Read the information that came with your results as different schools do things differently - it may be possible to apply and pay online or you may have to give your school a cheque. Once your school has your consent to take the risk that your grade may go up or down and your money the exam officer applies online. The result comes back to the school and they tell you.
Original post by Saad2012
Any idea about ocr bio and chem? Has there been any increase in those subjects?

So far we have only had Edexcel scripts and re-marks back. Nothing at all from OCR, AQA or WJEC so i don't know.
Original post by Compost
You have to do it through your school. Read the information that came with your results as different schools do things differently - it may be possible to apply and pay online or you may have to give your school a cheque. Once your school has your consent to take the risk that your grade may go up or down and your money the exam officer applies online. The result comes back to the school and they tell you.

Hi,

I have a few questions, I would like to re-sit only 1 maths module, would that be ok, or would I have to do all three again? (Edexcel). How was the marking for C2?
Original post by Joseph.S
Hi,

I have a few questions, I would like to re-sit only 1 maths module, would that be ok, or would I have to do all three again? (Edexcel). How was the marking for C2?

You can re-sit just 1 unit and ask for an overall grade again. Your better attempt at C2 will count so your overall grade will not get worse.

C2 marking that I've seen was harsh but fair.
Original post by Compost
You can re-sit just 1 unit and ask for an overall grade again. Your better attempt at C2 will count so your overall grade will not get worse.

C2 marking that I've seen was harsh but fair.

Wow, that sounds amazing, is it like that for all boards? Is it true that if marks go up, we don't pay?

I was off an A by 3 UMS, I guess 1.5 marks.
Wow, that sounds amazing, is it like that for all boards? Is it true that if marks go up, we don't pay?

The rules vary slightly between exam boards, but if your overall grade changes you get a full refund from all boards.
Original post by Compost
The rules vary slightly between exam boards, but if your overall grade changes you get a full refund from all boards.

So (with 300 points per year), if I get 240 in AS, then 270 in A2, I can get an A* overall? (OCR).
So (with 300 points per year), if I get 240 in AS, then 270 in A2, I can get an A* overall? (OCR).

The rules for getting refunds vary slightly between boards, but the grade boundaries and rules for an A* are the same for all domestic boards (AQA,CCEA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC).

Quick Reply

Latest