The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Heya everyone. Don't know if i posted here before but: 2nd year student, looking for a fourth female flatmate for a flat on Robert Street (behind Schafer house) 150-156 pw rent for a double room :biggrin: We're friendly, message me if interested. Cheers!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Ivanka
Protico updated. Seems that first- and second-year results are out. Not so for us third-yearers. Dammit.

I am (or was) 4th year and it has updated now. What course did you do?
Original post by diracdeltafunc
I am (or was) 4th year and it has updated now. What course did you do?

I'm doing a language subject with a year abroad assessment - and this exactly is pending.
Original post by Ivanka
I'm doing a language subject with a year abroad assessment - and this exactly is pending.

Ah icc :smile:. Where did you go?
Can the seniors help me with this? If I were to travel back and forth daily from Ifor Evans to the campus, should I ought for the London Travelcard or the Oyster Card?
I do know that London Travelcard offers unlimited travel which is attractive but it is expensive (if only they didnt include DLR, river boats or national rail and etc) since I'll travel using either bus or tube. On the other hand, Oyster Card allows me to pay as I use. Do I opt for Oyster Card then? ( I'm really new to London so I seriously have no idea and would like to hear more opinions from the seasoned ones )
Original post by Yummy4321
Can the seniors help me with this? If I were to travel back and forth daily from Ifor Evans to the campus, should I ought for the London Travelcard or the Oyster Card?
I do know that London Travelcard offers unlimited travel which is attractive but it is expensive (if only they didnt include DLR, river boats or national rail and etc) since I'll travel using either bus or tube. On the other hand, Oyster Card allows me to pay as I use. Do I opt for Oyster Card then? ( I'm really new to London so I seriously have no idea and would like to hear more opinions from the seasoned ones )

You'll end up with an Oyster card, as about 90% of journeys are made on London transport with one now. You can load weekly/monthly Travelcards and bus passes onto an Oyster card as well as paying as you go, so no worries there.

If you're set on using the bus every day but not the tube, opt for a bus pass and put it onto an Student Oyster, which will get you a student discount. You can still then use all other London transport services including the tube by paying as you go at the adult rate.

More info on the Student Oyster here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/students-and-children/18-student?intcmp=1768
Any insight electrical engineers at UCL can give us about first year? When are the exams etc..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rockrunride
You'll end up with an Oyster card, as about 90% of journeys are made on London transport with one now. You can load weekly/monthly Travelcards and bus passes onto an Oyster card as well as paying as you go, so no worries there.

If you're set on using the bus every day but not the tube, opt for a bus pass and put it onto an Student Oyster, which will get you a student discount. You can still then use all other London transport services including the tube by paying as you go at the adult rate.

More info on the Student Oyster here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/students-and-children/18-student?intcmp=1768

So that's how it works. Thank you so much, rockrunride! That's a very clear reply. I'll get an Oyster card then :smile:
Hi, does anyone know if UCL has half terms?
Original post by tree123
Hi, does anyone know if UCL has half terms?

More accurately known as 'Reading Weeks' and it depends on your course. Some do and some don't.

You'd be better served posting your question here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=783795
I am planning on applying for Civil Engineering, does anyone know if they interview the engineering applicants ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
Ive forgotten my userid, does anyone know how I can retrieve it?
Original post by tree123
Hi,
Ive forgotten my userid, does anyone know how I can retrieve it?

Go to ISD
hi,
does anyone know. when applying for the oyster card, do you use the UCL student number or the UCL user-id?

Thanks
Original post by Noodlzzz
Go to ISD

THANKSS!
Hello,
has anyone received any information regarding UCL freshers week through post?

Thankss:smile:
Reply 2776
Hey, I wanted to join the UCL freshers group but I got blocked for no reason?? Can someone help out?

Thanks~
Just seen that Moonies has closed down.

Devastated.
Original post by rockrunride
Just seen that Moonies has closed down.

Devastated.

My friend told me about this today! What will happen to Monday nights?
Original post by Ade9000
My friend told me about this today! What will happen to Monday nights?

Taking place somewhere around the corner apparently, but it won't be the same. No filthy carpet, no mirrors, no lack of aircon on the dance floor...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending