The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;UrsLNBbfKko"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrsLNBbfKko[/video]

Bear Grylls chats about his relationship with God :smile:
Rapper Lecrae's testimony - very encouraging

[video="youtube;a5uNkFr2AWQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5uNkFr2AWQ[/video]
Original post by Diety

Out of interest, why do you want to read it in a year? It would be quite rushed - mightn't it be better to read a little bit at a time and have more time to think about it? Also, I'd really recommend reading complete books beginning to end as their writers wrote them. I was talking to a friend of mine recently who's an evangelical missionary, and he was complaining about how his Church often makes the mistake of choosing a topic their comfortable with, like 'discipleship' and cherry picking verses they like and not reading books through as the writer intended. Best read books from beginning to end to really get a feel for the story and the whole sweep of the theology :smile: That's just my top tip - my favourite theology lecturer got us all to read Genesis from start to finish as he thinks it's an incredible book in its own right, and you can get a great deal of insight by reading the latter parts with the start in mind.

So I can draw closer to God and know his words:smile:.I was planning on reading it from book to book and not reading many different books at the same time as it would confuse me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fluteflute
I've being doing this one: http://www.esv.org/assets/pdfs/rp.esv.study.bible.pdf

(It's for the whole bible, but if you only want to do the OT, just leave out the fourth reading for each day.)

I'm so behind on this :frown: considering we started at mods' meet last year I've still got 4 and a bit months to go...whoops
Original post by toonervoustotalk
So I can draw closer to God and know his words:smile:.I was planning on reading it from book to book and not reading many different books at the same time as it would confuse me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I started from the OT in 2009 and im still not finished. :colondollar: I've challenged myself to finish the NT before the end of the year. I think it'll help a lot if u have a plan :biggrin: I didn't have one.
Original post by Diety

^ This! I re-watched the bit where God (Liam Neeson) spoke to him - so moving :h:

Liam Neeson should be forced to dance now in everything he's in :colone:
Reply 3826
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Liam Neeson should be forced to dance now in everything he's in :colone:

Yes! He's so good at being God! For a while after watching it, when I thought of God, he was Liam Neeson :ahee:
Original post by Diety
when I thought of God, he was Liam Neeson :ahee:

:colone: :sexface: :coma:

:getmecoat:
Original post by Diety
Yes! He's so good at being God! For a while after watching it, when I thought of God, he was Liam Neeson :ahee:

Only for a while after? For shame :sexface:
Reply 3829
Only for a while after? For shame :sexface:

:tongue: I don't usually have much of an image of God - if anything, just light and clouds :biggrin:
Original post by Diety
:tongue: I don't usually have much of an image of God - if anything, just light and clouds :biggrin:

There was a serial killer on Criminal Minds once I kept picturing him as :nothing: Then it moved to the New Orleans defense coach

Look at that majestic beast :sexface:

---

.... I just realised all these people are white.... Oh God i'm a racist :getmecoat:
Reply 3831
There was a serial killer on Criminal Minds once I kept picturing him as :nothing: Then it moved to the New Orleans defense coach

Look at that majestic beast :sexface:

---

.... I just realised all these people are white.... Oh God i'm a racist :getmecoat:

Haha :biggrin: I'm sure you're just picturing him as someone you find familiar, and the UK is predominantly white. Not sure about the serial killer though :tongue:
Original post by Diety
Haha :biggrin: I'm sure you're just picturing him as someone you find familiar, and the UK is predominantly white. Not sure about the serial killer though :tongue:

He was one of those academic ones who were supposed to be that sociopathic 'for the sake of beauty' sort of killers... It's not the best show.

Oh and I have no idea why (barring the fact it's awesome) but thought you guys may appreciate this. If anyone ever calls you a sheeple, be smug in the knowledge that their condemnation is naught compared to underground killer sheep shamans you know call brothers in arms.

Reply 3833
He was one of those academic ones who were supposed to be that sociopathic 'for the sake of beauty' sort of killers... It's not the best show.

Oh and I have no idea why (barring the fact it's awesome) but thought you guys may appreciate this. If anyone ever calls you a sheeple, be smug in the knowledge that their condemnation is naught compared to underground killer sheep shamans you know call brothers in arms.

Hahaa! This is brilliant :biggrin:
Been to a gorgeous cathedral in palma in mallorca today and said a prayer for x-soc and a special one for our favourite goatherd as the place made me think of her!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Been to a gorgeous cathedral in palma in mallorca today and said a prayer for x-soc and a special one for our favourite goatherd as the place made me think of her!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:awesome:

Really appreciate that hun - you're far too kind to me :love:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:awesome:

Really appreciate that hun - you're far too kind to me :love:

Nooo you're lovely and deserve lots of kindness! (nearly wrote kidneys there lol... I'd rather give you kindness than kidneys but if you want kidneys I'm sure we can sort that out!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nooo you're lovely and deserve lots of kindness! (nearly wrote kidneys there lol... I'd rather give you kindness than kidneys but if you want kidneys I'm sure we can sort that out!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

I think my kidneys are OK, thanks. For now, at least :ninja: I will keep the offer in mind though :tongue: :beard: :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If anyone on TSR was going to have a blackmarket organ farm it would be greeneyedgirl :innocent:
If anyone on TSR was going to have a blackmarket organ farm it would be greeneyedgirl :innocent:

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending