The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helpformedicine
Yeah

then i think youre safe to apply i have a B in lang but an A in lit so it's fine
Original post by blissfully
then i think youre safe to apply i have a B in lang but an A in lit so it's fine

Where else are you applying to?
pleaseee help! I have 8 A*s at GCSE an A and B and achieved a levels of AAA but a C in AS physics. would I be rejected automatically because of the C in AS physics?
Original post by water_fall
pleaseee help! I have 8 a*s at gcse an a and b and achieved a levels of aaa but a c in as physics. Would i be rejected automatically because of the c in as physics?

yes they require a b in the fourth as!
hi
i have 432 points but my ukcat was low 635, do u think i actually have a shot of getting in, i am predicted 3 As in Alevel
hi
i have 432 points but my ukcat was low 635, do u think i actually have a shot of getting in, i am predicted 3 As in Alevel

i think the point system they don't rank they just say you have to have minimum 416 and then ukcat they do rank but im not entirely sure and your ukcat sounds about average for this year so should be fine?
i think the point system they don't rank they just say you have to have minimum 416 and then ukcat they do rank but im not entirely sure and your ukcat sounds about average for this year so should be fine?

They dont rank applicants according to their ukcat. They only rank those on the post interview waiting list.
They do interview the top 600 according to their website so im guessing they take everything into consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi

We cant say for sure what the cut off will be until everyone has applied :frown: We can only hope that it would be low enough.
If you are willing to give it a go, then go for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joannywhite
They dont rank applicants according to their ukcat. They only rank those on the post interview waiting list.
They do interview the top 600 according to their website so im guessing they take everything into consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah sorry, i remember reading that actually damn. but still they said they had a cut-off for the ukcat last year but surely they can't have a definitive cut-off if they use both?
yeah sorry, i remember reading that actually damn. but still they said they had a cut-off for the ukcat last year but surely they can't have a definitive cut-off if they use both?

Use both? What do u mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Use both? What do u mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well if they used academic points and ukcat as a combined score for interviewing the top 600 then they'd have to combine them

eg someone getting 5 for academics and 4 for ukcat would be equal to someone getting 6 in academics and 3 for ukcat.

so if they used both of these then they couldn't determine a cutoff for just ukcat was what i was saying but i'm probably wrong so nvm:tongue:
well if they used academic points and ukcat as a combined score for interviewing the top 600 then they'd have to combine them

eg someone getting 5 for academics and 4 for ukcat would be equal to someone getting 6 in academics and 3 for ukcat.

so if they used both of these then they couldn't determine a cutoff for just ukcat was what i was saying but i'm probably wrong so nvm:tongue:

Oh I see what u mean :tongue:
To be considered in the top 600, you would have to meet the academic requirements and ukcat cut off first. If you don't meet these u will be rejected and ur app will not be considered any further.
I dont know how exactly they determine the "top 600" as they didnt say but I have a feeling academics are weighted more. I'm not really sure just guessing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you meet the min academic requirements and the ukcat cut off, you will be called for an interview.
That's what their website says :smile:

Hi!

Can you link me please to where it says that on their website please?
Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by ΘTheta
Hi!

Can you link me please to where it says that on their website please?

http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mbbs5/entry-requirements

First paragraph on that page :smile:

Don't remember reading that sentence last year :confused:
Hey. I got AABC (extenuating circumstances) for AS. I got a B in my fourth AS French but a C in Chemistry. Does. That mean I cant apply? Also, my school doesn't declare AS' s and I looked on the SGUL website, they have no specifications with declaring and they said that they will probably use predicted grades for A2 if not declared
So I'm also going to be applying here... :tongue:

I'm a reapplicant, didn't get any interviews this year but this is the first time I'll be trying St George's. :smile:
Hi guys and gals what are the chances of interview with a ukcat of 715, sit adj 1. the academics are:

9 GCSE's A* 1 A, AS 4 A's Biol Chem Maths & Hist, A2 predicted A*A*A*.

Appreciate your help and advice

Many thanks
Original post by mister K
Hi guys and gals what are the chances of interview with a ukcat of 715, sit adj 1. the academics are:

9 GCSE's A* 1 A, AS 4 A's Biol Chem Maths & Hist, A2 predicted A*A*A*.

Appreciate your help and advice

Many thanks

Pretty much guaranteed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, what are my interview chances?
AAA at A2 and b in fourth as. 8A* and 5A at gcse and 660 in ukcat, which i know isn't that strong.

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending