The Student Room Group

I clicked 6 times on my Hazard perception test..

I failed the hazard perception for a 2nd time this week. I failed the first time by one mark then the 2nd time pretty badly. The first time when I just failed I clicked a maximum of 8 clicks per clip so i thought I would do the same tactic.So I clicked 6 times on the first clip and somehow got an error message telling me I will be getting zero marks. Then the 2nd clip I clicked 7 times and no error message. Then the third I thought maybe the system had made an error so i clicked 6 times again got the same error message and got zero yet again. And because of this I failed pretty badly even worse than the last time. I tried asking the test centre staff and they are useless they said they couldn't discuss the test even if I had any issue with it. So does anyone know the reasons why this happened?
You just have to remember any small hazards or potential hazards should be clicked for. Like a vans door left open or a car who could possibly cut in front of you from a neighboring lane. Click for any small potential hazard.
Original post by TP2C00L
I failed the hazard perception for a 2nd time this week. I failed the first time by one mark then the 2nd time pretty badly. The first time when I just failed I clicked a maximum of 8 clicks per clip so i thought I would do the same tactic.So I clicked 6 times on the first clip and somehow got an error message telling me I will be getting zero marks. Then the 2nd clip I clicked 7 times and no error message. Then the third I thought maybe the system had made an error so i clicked 6 times again got the same error message and got zero yet again. And because of this I failed pretty badly even worse than the last time. I tried asking the test centre staff and they are useless they said they couldn't discuss the test even if I had any issue with it. So does anyone know the reasons why this happened?

Bro, just get yourself a bicycle and leave the roads for us
Original post by TP2C00L

Mate, I've failed mine twice too :frown: I have no idea how it counts your clicks. :frown: First time I got penalised for clicking too much, second time I didn't get any points - presumably not clicking enough.

Sorry I can't help you but it's good to know I'm not alone!
Reply 4
I failed three times as I was afraid of clicking too much. I passed the 4th time and passed my practical the 1st time. I think you only fail by clicking too much in a short space of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Click only twice per hazard in a short space of time. Maybe three. If you click more in that short space of time, the system counts it as cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Cool As Ice

looooool.
Hazard perception test is such a load of *******s.
Reply 8
Original post by Cool As Ice
Hahaha I am new here I wasn't expecting that. I average like 90% on the practice DVDs which is why I am annoyed. The ones I got zeros on I had seen the Hazard and clicked just before it happened, twice and 2 more as it began happening and an extra 2 for safety so I can atleast get a mark even if its just the 1
Reply 9
Original post by Jaydude
Click only twice per hazard in a short space of time. Maybe three. If you click more in that short space of time, the system counts it as cheating. Posted from TSR Mobile
OK, that explains it. Why don't they say that in the introduction video? They just warn you not to click too much.
Guys seriously, here's a protip...

Stop thinking about your clicking, start thinking about the hazards!

Yours faithfully,
First time theory passer with one mark off full marks
Reply 11
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Mate, I've failed mine twice too :frown: I have no idea how it counts your clicks. :frown: First time I got penalised for clicking too much, second time I didn't get any points - presumably not clicking enough.

Sorry I can't help you but it's good to know I'm not alone!

If you click really close together, or click a lot when there is clearly nothing there then you'll fail.

I strongly suggest you get the Hazard Perception DVD and you'll be fine.

Also remember, passing your theory doesn't mean you'll pass your practical.
Try just clicking when you see a hazard? Don't try and cheat the system by clicking too many times.
Original post by WeedCanKill
Guys seriously, here's a protip...

Stop thinking about your clicking, start thinking about the hazards!

Yours faithfully,
First time theory passer with one mark off full marks

Radical approach here...
Original post by MrMacho
Also remember, passing your theory doesn't mean you'll pass your practical.

:lol:

Thanks for the reminder :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:lol:

Thanks for the reminder :frown:

In fact it doesn't even mean you're going to sit the practical, circumstances and all that

(Unfortunately speaking from experience here.)

I'll :getmecoat:
You need to click each time you see a hazard developing. If you see a car pulling up to the give way line of a side junction, that's a new hazard, so you click. If that car starts to then pull forward again, then you need to click again as that hazard is developing. If that car then pulls out of the junction in front of you, the hazard has developed again so you lick once more. If it doesn't pull forward after it's stopped, there's no need to click again. Same for pedestrians. Often you only need to click once, sometimes you need to click twice. It's rare that you need to click more three times per hazard.
Original post by Nuffles
You need to click each time you see a hazard developing. If you see a car pulling up to the give way line of a side junction, that's a new hazard, so you click. If that car starts to then pull forward again, then you need to click again as that hazard is developing. If that car then pulls out of the junction in front of you, the hazard has developed again so you lick once more. If it doesn't pull forward after it's stopped, there's no need to click again. Same for pedestrians. Often you only need to click once, sometimes you need to click twice. It's rare that you need to click more three times per hazard.

As this person said.

Plus, the sooner you click once spotting the hazard the more marks you get. If you click too late, you get 0 marks. So 0 marks could be that you're not timing your clicks right, not because it's not registering them.

You're supposed to click the second you see a potential hazard, then again if that hazard develops, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending