The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I'm kind of in the same position as you. I think I know why I'm in this position though.. never joined any societies/clubs, didn't go out much with new people (stuck to the same crowd), I like my own company a lot too so would often sit on my own rather than with people and I didn't notice it until recently but I barely smile at uni as I'm usually quite tired and bored.
Original post by sparklenshine
Omg how long!? This is getting pathetic.

hi aha, i had no idea girls had this problem lool; i just thought if ones' a chick the worlds' a fun place to live in.. oh well
as to your predicament; just relax and have fun; when the guys see you're doing so, They'll come to you.. but if you can't wait (and i Can't stress this enough)..

... go talk to them...

initiate, act, flirt, lip-bites (when i see girls with those, i go haywire for some reason..).. and most importantly - don't stress.
Nothings' more of a turn off than a chick who isn't laidback
on the other hand, guys love nothing more than a chick who works to get them.. funny right?:wink:
Maybe they respect your "right not to be be approached by strangers" and don't want to perpetuate the rape culture in society which is defined by such acts.

Or maybe you should realise that if everyone else is getting hit on but not you, you are the common denominator, not men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2945027&page=2&p=51292851#post51292851

Discuses with him and hopefully you find the one soon or later

wish all the best
You are feeling how probably 80% of guys feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I went to a club recently and no guys came to dance with me. It was a party and at a club and I saw random guys going to dance with other girls but none came to me! They all look at me weirdly and ignore me!!! I hate guys. I really want to punch them all. They always ignore me! Even when I go up to one and am friendly they never bother to continue the conversation. They just smile and answer my question and never ask me anything. They just don't want to talk to me!! And they talk to other girls who are uglier than me. I am not going to apologise for saying that because I have a right to express my opinion and I am rather good looking and there are much uglier girls than me who have had 100s of boyfriends and are not even as smart as I am. I am doing my PhD currently! I just finished my BSc
So why is this happening to me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? I am soo angry right now?! I was left humiliated yesterday when I was dancing all alone. I had fun but no one bothered about me. I felt so stupid. I just have grown to start hating guys. I mean how can they just ignore me? I do not ignore them! And how can they choose EVERY other girl over me. I mean at least one guy should prefer me right? NONE do!!! I can already predict the comments on this thread: Your personality is horrible, no wonder guys don't like you.
LOL my personality is great but right now I am in a very angry mood and venting so obviously it will seem like that. Just believe me when I say I am smart and intelligent. I was even told a few times to be a stand up comedian haha. And I am quite decent looking to attractive depending on your taste. I dress well too. So what is the problem??? I don't believe everyone has a soul mate but I DO believe everyone can find at least 1 person to date. I mean is that so much to ask!?!? Wtf is going on? I think someone cursed me. I feel like I need to do black magic to get a guy now.

Potential female Elliot Rodger detected..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
I bet you'll be those type of girls that would end up saying "I should have standards" when a guy talks to you and you turn him down. The way you write wreaks of it
Yeah I am smart. And no as I said it was an event. I went with a friend to have fun not meet a guy. It wasn't like a normal club. And I don't understand the rest of what you wrote. I don't feel entitled to get males to hit on me. But I do wonder why not even one approaches me EVER (not only at a club). And one night stand material? LOL. If you met me you would know that I can never be seen that way. I look too smart and polished.

Well... I can think of two different reasons why you might not get approached...

1. Applies to clubs - if as you said you can never be seen as up for a ONS/hookup then it is less likely you'll get approached as that is what a lot of the guys who are trying to pull want. The rest of the guys are just out to have a fun night with friends.

2. Applies everywhere else - balance of probability: at least one of your guy friends fancies you. They are also probably terrified of rejection, especially if you don't show signals you also like them.
If this is a game of Hide and Seek, if you're done counting, try and bait him into giving away his location by asking him if he's ready or not. He may be stubborn and remain silent, but you must persist.
Reply 29
"why do no guys dance with me"
"i hate guys ugh"
"no but srsly why won't they give me attention"

yeah, no.
you're also not very intelligent - what difference would doing a PHD have on guys approaching you?
maybe you're great academically but you're far from smart.
if you were you likely wouldn't have made this thread because you'd be too busy out there getting what you want instead of whinging about your inability.

piece it together, though;
if in your opinion you look classy af, guys won't approach you because they think you're out of their league.
which given how high you seem to hold yourself, could be true.
then again, if you were that great presumably you wouldn't care about something as tiny as whether guys approach you or having a boyfriend
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Gax
Potential female Elliot Rodger detected..

Hahaha I am not that bothered. I am too smart and successful to end up like him but even if I did, I'd make sure you're one of my victims. You are extremely annoying. :colone:
Original post by Mauryan
You are feeling how probably 80% of guys feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OH please. It is much easier for guys. Girls these days are all quite slutty so it's not that hard to find someone. It is hard for a girl to find the right guy without seeming desperate. Especially if he isn't someone she knows.
Original post by watttuppp
No offense, but judging by the way you speak i'm not surprised you haven't found the right guy and my advice for you is to act slutty if you want one! you don't have to go by it but it's your best shot rn..

Haha you're not very smart are you? Judging me from some post I made on tsr. And what does what I'm writing here have to do with getting a guy? Do you think all girls who have boyfriends are perfect? You are so deluded. People always have excuses for why someone is still single. They just cannot admit that some people are just unlucky even if they are attractive and smart.
Original post by Kaiju
"why do no guys dance with me"
"i hate guys ugh"
"no but srsly why won't they give me attention"

yeah, no.
you're also not very intelligent - what difference would doing a PHD have on guys approaching you?
maybe you're great academically but you're far from smart.
if you were you likely wouldn't have made this thread because you'd be too busy out there getting what you want instead of whinging about your inability.

piece it together, though;
if in your opinion you look classy af, guys won't approach you because they think you're out of their league.
which given how high you seem to hold yourself, could be true.
then again, if you were that great presumably you wouldn't care about something as tiny as whether guys approach you or having a boyfriend

Haha if anyone is not smart its you little boy. So according to you if I am that great I shouldn't care? LOL. I am great and obviously I am going to care MORE. If you are a great person to be with and no one is approaching you then it will annoy you more than if you knew you weren't special because then you have your answer for why you aren't getting guys. And I am not talking about losers. I am talking about guys who are smart, classy, and well educated like me. These are the kinds of guys I want to be with. The ones who are well dressed and sophisticated. And what do you mean too busy getting out there getting what you want? I already do speak to guys and am friendly to them but it doesn't do anything. I am not going to actually ASK OUT a guy randomly. It is just not the way I want to do it.
Original post by mikeA1
I bet you'll be those type of girls that would end up saying "I should have standards" when a guy talks to you and you turn him down. The way you write wreaks of it

Well I need to have some standards. And I haven't even been asked out before. Plus I am doing my PhD in Physics so I need to have SOME standards! I can't just go out with any guy. Wtf I need to have my own preferences. Your comment is ridiculous.
Original post by Bude8
If this is a game of Hide and Seek, if you're done counting, try and bait him into giving away his location by asking him if he's ready or not. He may be stubborn and remain silent, but you must persist.

I don't understand this sorry
Original post by Gax
You know them ones :rolleyes:

You?:rolleyes:
OH please. It is much easier for guys. Girls these days are all quite slutty so it's not that hard to find someone. It is hard for a girl to find the right guy without seeming desperate. Especially if he isn't someone she knows.

That's an astonishing comment, I'd argue it's much much easier for girls, it's just they complain when it's not the right guy.

I think the key point is that you have to ask yourself: Do I like how things currently are now? And if you don't, you have to in some way change your ways, otherwise if you keep doing things the way you are currently doing them, you'll keep getting the same result, which in this case you don't like.

I see a lot of threads on TSR when somebody says "Never had a gf/bf, when will it happen" and people will write "It will happen soon x", the reality is, it won't happen soon or ever unless one changes their ways, at least in some form.

I think behind the facade you sound like a nice decent and intellectual person and I wish you the best of luck. :smile:
Oh please. This is not you is it OP? You sounded nice when I PMed you
Well to be honest, the girls that are going to get with the most guys in clubs are the ones who know how to dress hot and/or flirt with them in the smoking area etc.

Not to sound like a mean person or anything at all, but I have seen all sorts get with guys. Fat/skinny, tall/short, pretty/less attractive, boobs out/boobs covered etc etc. So even if you were fat or ugly like some people seem to be suggesting, it still wouldn't necessarily mean you couldn't get with anyone because I've seen it many a time. But you seem to think you're attractive and slim anyway.

Which tells me you're either just unlucky or you don't give off the right vibes. If you're shy, anxious and tend to keep to yourself in clubs, guys aren't just going to magically wander up to you and get with you. It annoys me when girls expect guys to come to them. It works both ways.

It just doesn't sound like you are trying to get with anyone, basically. Try and maybe it'll happen for you.

Latest

Trending

Trending