The Student Room Group

Living with boyfriend

I’m currently applying for student finance for my final year. I have been living with my boyfriend since summer while completing my work placement. I will then be moving back to student accommodation for my final year this October. I’m just unsure what I should put for the relationship status part of the application if I’m planning to move back to campus accommodation this year. I’m 22. Also, in terms of my parents supporting my application, what kind of information would they be receiving from sfe? They do not know that I’m living with my bf and I wouldn’t want them to find out since they’re super strict. So would that information be confidential?
Original post by AlexandraDormido
I’m currently applying for student finance for my final year. I have been living with my boyfriend since summer while completing my work placement. I will then be moving back to student accommodation for my final year this October. I’m just unsure what I should put for the relationship status part of the application if I’m planning to move back to campus accommodation this year. I’m 22. Also, in terms of my parents supporting my application, what kind of information would they be receiving from sfe? They do not know that I’m living with my bf and I wouldn’t want them to find out since they’re super strict. So would that information be confidential?

Hi there, as you are under the age of 25 and not married you would be classed as dependent upon your parents for the purpose of student finance. This means we would require your parents financial information in support of your application.

If you have supported yourself for 3 years prior to the start of your course you may be able to apply as an Independent Student. You can find out more information about this here: https://www.ucas.com/finance/student-finance-england/finance-independent-students

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending