The Student Room Group

Argumentative sister

There’s no cure

You have to get rid of an argumentative sister, I used a solicitors letter to advise her to stay away. I honestly believe she only agreed to finally leave me alone now that my mother is 89 years old with Altzeimer’s and I’m left to take care of her on my own. I expect her to make life hell again when she passes.

My sister is nearly 3 years older than me, I was left alone with her in the evenings from the age of 11, my divorced mother worked nights at the hospital and had a boyfriend.

My sister has made awful stories up about me to anyone who will listen, throughout my whole life. I was 62 when I finally escaped but, not without losing my daughter along the way.

So, don’t delay in getting her out of your life and, never visit your parents when she is there. Do stay in touch with your younger brother and help him escape, too.

I only made friends with my older sister after finally making sure my argumentative one couldn’t access me anymore, she lives far away. I knew when I was pregnant with my daughter my argumentative sister would target her if I wasn’t available but, preferred not to fully realise this until it was too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending