The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Child Nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CLclarkey
I'm not really sure, I've used a range of sites and university sample papers to revise from, so hopefully will be okay- sometimes the maths is just so basic I make stupid mistakes (haven't done maths in ages :frown:) ! I don't understand why the numeracy is so much longer than the literacy though :frown:

Ahh I've only used the SNAP site. Aah I do maths A level :P
Yeah :/ Do you know anything about the literacy or how to prepare? :s-smilie:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by EmilyC96

You'll be okay with the maths then! :smile: a few universities have sample papers on their websites but I've not done much :/

Emily just wondering, how many SNAP practice assessments you've done? :smile: they don't class as anything do they? Haha, stressing a little bit as I only just found my log in ahh :/
Original post by CLclarkey
Emily just wondering, how many SNAP practice assessments you've done? :smile: they don't class as anything do they? Haha, stressing a little bit as I only just found my log in ahh :/

I've done one level 1 general numeracy one and 2 level 2 general numeracy ones.
I'll probably do one or two more of the level 2 ones this evening.
Do you know if it's just the general numeracy or the clinical ones too?

Have you done anything to prepare for the literacy?
Reply 104
I've done one level 1 general numeracy one and 2 level 2 general numeracy ones.
I'll probably do one or two more of the level 2 ones this evening.
Do you know if it's just the general numeracy or the clinical ones too?

Have you done anything to prepare for the literacy?

Sorry! I've been traveling up to manchester today it's no phone battery haha, were in opposit boats as I do english lit alevel! I think they just ask you describe something, I know that's what they do at Surrey? I'm freaking out about the maths though, I'm so bad at maths!
Reply 105
Hi all, I'm a first year children's nursing student, feel free to message me any questions you may have :smile:
Heya. Please could you email me some helpful ideas about what I can discus in my interview :smile: [email protected] I have done lots of work experience but need more help :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by elliemacdougall
Heya. Please could you email me some helpful ideas about what I can discus in my interview :smile: [email protected] I have done lots of work experience but need more help :smile:

Emailed you! hope its helpful :smile:
I've got an interview/selection day to Southampton I'm so thrilled and nervous!!
Original post by rhian_miles
I've got an interview/selection day to Southampton I'm so thrilled and nervous!!

Me too are you coming on the 21st?
Me too are you coming on the 21st?

No i'm going on the 3rd of December what sort of thing are you researching for the day? x
Original post by rhian_miles
No i'm going on the 3rd of December what sort of thing are you researching for the day? x

I have looked at how to prepare for different scenarios such as deaths and bad news to shoe I can cope and I have had 4 practice interviews with paediatric nurses at me school as you don't want to go in without preparing. Also think about why you want to be a nurse and let it come from the heart so they can see truth in your answer. :smile:
I have looked at how to prepare for different scenarios such as deaths and bad news to shoe I can cope and I have had 4 practice interviews with paediatric nurses at me school as you don't want to go in without preparing. Also think about why you want to be a nurse and let it come from the heart so they can see truth in your answer. :smile:

Wow that's amazing thanks a lot for the advice and best of luck!! x
Also apologies for the typing errors. This iPhone does my head in with autocorrect!!!
I sent mine two weeks ago and no I'm in my last school year

I have taken a gap year and further study part time x
Original post by Kay16
Hi all, I'm a first year children's nursing student, feel free to message me any questions you may have :smile:

Where are you nursing and how is the course x

Could you help me with the interview process in passionate about paediatric nursing and really want it x
Anyone got an interview for Bradford?
Original post by Kay16

Hey! im struggling with what to do for work placement, I have already done some work experience in a nursery, do you have any other suggestions?
hey- ive applied to do child nursing at London south bank,Salford,Birmingham city ,Coventry and Sheffield hallam . I went to south bank on Friday for the test day -it wasn't as bad as I thought but they sent people home there and then if they failed the maths, managed to pass both and I have an interview on the 25th ,also have an interview for Salford on the 3rd December
Anyone got an interview at Nottingham? Mine's on the 17th December :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending