The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryanb97
Interview

692.5 ukcat :smile:

congratulations!! so happy they've gone down into the 600s now :biggrin: hopefully i get one soon - 672.5
Original post by Nubian_Queen_97
congratulations!! so happy they've gone down into the 600s now :biggrin: hopefully i get one soon - 672.5

They haven't rejected me/given me an interview with 720 in ukcat so I don't think that they are going down ukcat scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NicolasCage7
They haven't rejected me/given me an interview with 720 in ukcat so I'm not sure they are going down ukcat scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay, thanks!
Reply 843
Original post by parvez-ahmed42
It must be random. Mine is 638 so you can tell why im worried, just about met the cut-off.

Gcse's: 5A*'s, 3A's
AS: AAAA
A2: A*AA (achieved)
Hoping my grades make up

Ahhh I'm in the exact same position as you ! I got spot on the cuttoff so I am really worried as well:colondollar:
Has anyone got interviews for this year/next year other than Feb?
My track hasn't updated with my interview yet...is this normal?? :/
Original post by Medical-al
Has anyone got interviews for this year/next year other than Feb?

There has been a number of candidates who were given interviews for days in December. Otherwise, i haven't heard of applicants with interviews in months other than December or February.

hope this helps :smile:
Original post by parvez-ahmed42
Thats one good side. The major downside is that people with interviews in december will have most likely heard back with offers so were more likely to be put on waiting list and with my Ukcat, I dont stand a chance :frown:

Not necessarily! It says that they often have to delay the response to people with early interviews until after the later interviews, so I assume they do that so it's fairer for everyone! :smile: http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/after-youve-applied/information-for-candidates-invited-to-interview/interview-procedure
They haven't rejected me/given me an interview with 720 in ukcat so I don't think that they are going down ukcat scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

My email started with congratulating me on my UKCAT score - I got 700! And then went onto say they'd undertaken an academic assessment on which they then gave me an interview. So it could be that you've not received one yet due to your academic stats rather than UKCAT as your UKCAT is amazing!

Also didn't read the email fully and just seen I had to respond confirming my interview - oops!
Original post by MollyMcFly1
My track hasn't updated with my interview yet...is this normal?? :/

Yep:smile:
What was your Ukcat score?
Original post by erudite
My email started with congratulating me on my UKCAT score - I got 700! And then went onto say they'd undertaken an academic assessment on which they then gave me an interview. So it could be that you've not received one yet due to your academic stats rather than UKCAT as your UKCAT is amazing!

Also didn't read the email fully and just seen I had to respond confirming my interview - oops!

I got 9A*s and 1A in GCSEs

2A*s and 2As predicted in A2s + 2 extra ASs, already achieved A in as Spanish and doing AS art this year

Not much worse than any of those who already got interviews??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medboy100
There has been a number of candidates who were given interviews for days in December. Otherwise, i haven't heard of applicants with interviews in months other than December or February.

hope this helps :smile:

Ah right. Thanks for your response! :P
I got 9A*s and 1A in GCSEs

2A*s and 2As predicted in A2s + 2 extra ASs, already achieved A in as Spanish and doing AS art this year

Not much worse than any of those who already got interviews??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hmm.. could be that you're yet to receive the email (ie they've sent it but you may get it tomorrow or something?). But I think you're deffo in at least for the next batch!
Their pretty good as competitive as the rest, what were your AS grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frozo123
Yep:smile:
What was your Ukcat score?

Ok cool - 702.5 :smile:
Original post by beansontoast92
Their pretty good as competitive as the rest, what were your AS grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if you were talking to me or not

2As, my other 3 subjects are Pre-Us so I didn't have AS exams in them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if you were talking to me or not

2As, my other 3 subjects are Pre-Us so I didn't have AS exams in them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeh I was, I forgot to quote you and didn't know how to change it lol

I'm sure you'll get one soon, u have good stats. I'm think I'll be one of the last, I just survived the cut off by 2 points :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
Haha yeh I was, I forgot to quote you and didn't know how to change it lol

I'm sure you'll get one soon, u have good stats. I'm think I'll be one of the last, I just survived the cut off by 2 points :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's hope haha
And good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's hope haha
And good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and goodluck to youu too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cath_y
Yep saw that too, but I think last year people started receiving decisions in Jan! :smile:

Aw that's annoying! Maybe they only so that for the highest scoring people and then the middle ones have to wait longer? Who knows - it's all a mystery!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending