The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome_Alien
It's only the 2nd. I think we might here back by next week. Most unis finish next week so we will probably hearbecore then hopefully.

Yeah that's what I was thinking
Has it been announced by Warwick that the first interviews are being held from 16 March onwards? That seems awfully late - last year they were 13/14 Feb, 27/28 Feb and 13/14 March.
Original post by ranelagh75
Has it been announced by Warwick that the first interviews are being held from 16 March onwards? That seems awfully late - last year they were 13/14 Feb, 27/28 Feb and 13/14 March.

They told me they would all be in the week of 16th march.
Original post by ranelagh75

They've just said their selection centre will be in march
Reply 104
Original post by KirstieW
They've just said their selection centre will be in march

states on their website that the selection centre will be in the week commencing 16 March 2015
Original post by nug
states on their website that the selection centre will be in the week commencing 16 March 2015

Thanks everyone!

You sure are comprehensive with your replies! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 106
Any idea of how many interviews are given out? 164 places for home/EU students, so probably 200+ offers. If its below 400 interviews it's 2:1, which suits me fine. :smile:
would it be possible for me to change from psychology to accounting and finance? They allowed me to change from psychology to management but then I confirmed that I wanted to do Accounting and finance instead... i am currently waiting for their reply about accounting and finance... do you think I can still switch to the management course if I couldnt get the A&F offer eventually?:frown:
Original post by mynameispoo
would it be possible for me to change from psychology to accounting and finance? They allowed me to change from psychology to management but then I confirmed that I wanted to do Accounting and finance instead... i am currently waiting for their reply about accounting and finance... do you think I can still switch to the management course if I couldnt get the A&F offer eventually?:frown:

I think you're on the wrong thread, this is for the applicants to medicine at Warwick. This is probably the thread where you should post it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2773587&highlight=warwick+applicants :smile:
Reply 109
Rejection this morning, boo
Original post by LEF
Rejection this morning, boo

It is absolutely unfair and annoying how they are giving more weight on the VR. Like what the hell??!!

I am really sorry to hear you got rejected btw
Reply 111
Sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed for your other applications.
Do you mind if I ask your UKCAT and also did Warwick say if they were weighting VR more? Someone on another thread mentioned they had been rejected and Warwick had informed them of this.
Reply 112
Original post by nug
Sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed for your other applications.
Do you mind if I ask your UKCAT and also did Warwick say if they were weighting VR more? Someone on another thread mentioned they had been rejected and Warwick had informed them of this.

I got
Situational Judgement Band 1
Verbal Reasoning 640
Quantative Reasoning : 790
Abstract Reasoning : 730
Decision Analysis Grade: 630

and they did say in their rejection email to me that they did place more weighting in VR, 'as recent evidence suggests this element is an effective predictor of future performance'
Original post by yurilein93
I think you're on the wrong thread, this is for the applicants to medicine at Warwick. This is probably the thread where you should post it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2773587&highlight=warwick+applicants :smile:

thanks!:smile:
Well I got 2690 and only 670 in VR so I'm a goner. Damn damn damn.
Original post by Grad1202
Well I got 2690 and only 670 in VR so I'm a goner. Damn damn damn.

My VR was very poor, in the 500s. I'm guessing that'll be me gone too.
Reply 116
Have they only mentioned this in emails to people who got rejected?
Apparently all the rejections come out over a few days and then they send invites. So at least we'll all know by the start of next week. Even if I know it's a no!
Reply 118
Oh dear. I am at work and have no idea about what I scored in the separate subsets. I didn't think I would have to know!
I'm just going to have to spend the day worrying until either I get home or a get a rejection email. Fun day for me!
Sorry to hear about you guys' rejections :frown: fingers crossed for your other options.
Reply 119
Well my productive day is officially over!!! Literally going to be checking every single email the instant I get them. I get about 10 emails an hour. Goodbye essay research!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending