The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by Hafzy113
I would just follow the rules honestly, we don't know how strict they are unless you feel like you're a really good applicant that they won't care but not too sure:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK thanks!! I was just confused coz when I went to Reading I was wearing formal stuff but I saw quite a few people in like jeans and converses and didn't know how much how you dressed affected the outcome...
Good luck for tomorrow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BDida
OK thanks!! I was just confused coz when I went to Reading I was wearing formal stuff but I saw quite a few people in like jeans and converses and didn't know how much how you dressed affected the outcome...
Good luck for tomorrow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's alright! But we're the first ones to be interviewed so I'm guessing they'll be looking for a good impression! See you tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1562
offer from Brighton for pharmacy! yay lol the interview was really relaxed! LOL we only found out after the interview that we had the main admission tutor, who basically told us on the spot we got offers, he was like "do you want the good news, or the good news" haha. Don't worry guys lol during the interview my black pen ran out and so I switched to blue like an idiot and the admission tutor laughed so don't worry guys! x

Yeah, gonna make sure I know the functional groups inside out! I'm doing chemistry, maths and biology.

Nice, what other uni's have you applied too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1564
Anyone got Cardiff tomortow?
After applying how long did it take you guys to get an invite to interview for bath?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1566
Original post by noora1996
any tips on Brighton interview guys? mine is tomorrow

Hey the interview is so relaxed! make sure you participate and get your views across and remember, no matter what THE PATIENT COMES FIRST! if you get that viewpoint across then you'll probs get an offer, I wouldn't recommend asking people to tell you their scenarios as my group finished early and we went through another scenario- the admission tutor who I had my interview with basically had sheets of different ethical scenarios but just remember to read the scenario and look for any info that is important and remember the patient comes first! haha xx
Original post by Itsmonique
Yeah, gonna make sure I know the functional groups inside out! I'm doing chemistry, maths and biology.

Nice, what other uni's have you applied too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied to Cardiff, Bath, Strathclyde and my backup is sunderland! How about you?
Reply 1568
Original post by liammango
After applying how long did it take you guys to get an invite to interview for bath?

Like a day or two
Any manchester offer holders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ijc1
offer from Brighton for pharmacy! yay lol the interview was really relaxed! LOL we only found out after the interview that we had the main admission tutor, who basically told us on the spot we got offers, he was like "do you want the good news, or the good news" haha. Don't worry guys lol during the interview my black pen ran out and so I switched to blue like an idiot and the admission tutor laughed so don't worry guys! x

when did you have your interview? and has it actually updated on track and everything yet? I had mine on saturday and still no news :frown:
Reply 1571
Original post by pharm97
when did you have your interview? and has it actually updated on track and everything yet? I had mine on saturday and still no news :frown:

on saturday 29 Nov :-) yes updated on track- offer is for ABB but I think mine updated today cause I had the main admission tutor for my interview, he told us we would get offers in the interview room and that all other members of staff would need to feedback to him and hand the sheets you filled out to him so it will probs take a little longer so don't worry! xx

I also applied to brighton as my 5th choice (I'm a dentistry applicant) and when he asked if we all applied for pharm I told him that I applied for dentistry and pharmacy was my backup , so I think that you shouldn't worry about not having track updated yet. you did well to get to the interview stage so I think you will get an offer, just be patient! x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ijc1
on saturday 29 Nov :-) yes updated on track- offer is for ABB but I think mine updated today cause I had the main admission tutor for my interview, he told us we would get offers in the interview room and that all other members of staff would need to feedback to him and hand the sheets you filled out to him so it will probs take a little longer so don't worry! xx

I also applied to brighton as my 5th choice (I'm a dentistry applicant) and when he asked if we all applied for pharm I told him that I applied for dentistry and pharmacy was my backup , so I think that you shouldn't worry about not having track updated yet. you did well to get to the interview stage so I think you will get an offer, just be patient! x

Wait is that the man who spoke in the talk at the beginning of the day? ahhh I hope so, I feel like that interview went really badly! :frown: But well done on getting an offer!
Reply 1573
Original post by pharm97
Wait is that the man who spoke in the talk at the beginning of the day? ahhh I hope so, I feel like that interview went really badly! :frown: But well done on getting an offer!

no it wasnt him, I had Dr Ingram, pm on what your scenario was :P and thank you x
Original post by ijc1

awww that makes me feel so much better! mine is tomorrow and im really stressed as it's my first group interview. any tips? and can you remember the scenario they gave you? and why did you need a pen? was there a test?
Got an unconditional for UEA :biggrin:
Reply 1576
Original post by noora1996
awww that makes me feel so much better! mine is tomorrow and im really stressed as it's my first group interview. any tips? and can you remember the scenario they gave you? and why did you need a pen? was there a test?

its fine - youre in a group with three other people, the interviewer reads the scenario to you and gives us a sheet and pen to write on, he also gives us a copy of the scenario and we sat on the same desk. The paper is just to gather your thoughts/ organise it- what would you do and why? what is the relevant info given? what would you do to avoid this happening again? and then you discuss the topic with each other and the interviewer. sorry I cannot disclose that info as the interviewer asked me not to. x
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
Got an unconditional for UEA :biggrin:

Well done!!! How was your interview/ what do they ask, have mine tomorrow D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ijc1
Hey the interview is so relaxed! make sure you participate and get your views across and remember, no matter what THE PATIENT COMES FIRST! if you get that viewpoint across then you'll probs get an offer, I wouldn't recommend asking people to tell you their scenarios as my group finished early and we went through another scenario- the admission tutor who I had my interview with basically had sheets of different ethical scenarios but just remember to read the scenario and look for any info that is important and remember the patient comes first! haha xx

omg thank you soo much! i will try and do my best. ahh right thats not to bad then, problem is i will try get my views across but im scared that i'll seem as im interrupting people all the time and they'll think i'm too dominant. thanks again. where have you applied? xx
Original post by moni97
Anyone heard back from Birmingham?

Yeah, I got an offer about a week ago AAB you will probably get yours very soon lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending