The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Anyone watching the snooker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw Ronnie's 147 the other day, he's immense man.

Do you play? I'm not a bad pool player but snooker is like going from 5 a side to full pitch, can barely get a 20 break going.
Original post by Isometrix

Brand is a jackass. Used to like him as an actor, but never really rated him otherwise, including the crap he posts on his youtube channel.

I absolutely adore Russell Brand. Pretty much him and Ricky Gervais and the only two funny British comedians for me. All these jokers at the apollo are not funny to me.

I cannot tell you how excited I am for Thursday's Brand vs. Farage showdown on Question Time. It's going to be the best episode since Nick Griffin was on it a few years back.
Original post by Tom_Ford
It was a joke, 100%. I was trolling him because I found his views offensive.
I am disappoint.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Anyone watching the snooker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, re Ronnie. Guy often goes on a downer (looks depressed) and then suddenly he just wins every frame. It is miraculous at times. He must surely do a line of coke to liven himself up.
Original post by Zürich
I saw Ronnie's 147 the other day, he's immense man.

Do you play? I'm not a bad pool player but snooker is like going from 5 a side to full pitch, can barely get a 20 break going.

You can't not like the guy. He can have any girl he wants because he's so charming.

I'm same as you, not amazing pool player but can hold my own. Snooker I'm terrible, I don't find it as enjoyable either and the fact you have to anticipate where your cue ball is gonna end up as well as pocketing the ball means that's it's far outside my technical ability :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, re Ronnie. Guy often goes on a downer (looks depressed) and then suddenly he just wins every frame. It is miraculous at times. He must surely do a line of coke to liven himself up.

Indeed. A troubled genius!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eboracum
I absolutely adore Russell Brand. Pretty much him and Ricky Gervais and the only two funny British comedians for me. All these jokers at the apollo are not funny to me.

I cannot tell you how excited I am for Thursday's Brand vs. Farage showdown on Question Time. It's going to be the best episode since Nick Griffin was on it a few years back.

I'm a massive fan of Gervais. Used to listen to him since his XFM days and listened to all his podcasts with Steve and Karl. The Office (UK and US) is probably my favourite comedy show of all time, and Extras was excellent too. Shame that Life's too short and Derek didn't take off the same way though. All the americans just bert stared at him when he presented the Golden Globes, it was brilliant :lol:

Haha i might just give that a watch, it's bound to incite a few lols.
I absolutely detest Gervais. Would love to punch the bastard in his nose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a massive fan of Gervais. Used to listen to him since his XFM days and listened to all his podcasts with Steve and Karl. The Office (UK and US) is probably my favourite comedy show of all time, and Extras was excellent too. Shame that Life's too short and Derek didn't take off the same way though. All the americans just bert stared at him when he presented the Golden Globes, it was brilliant :lol:

Man, the Office UK was just next level wasn't it. Gareth Kennan. HAHA. Makes me laugh thinking about him.

I loved Extras, but I found it almost too good to watch in a sense that it was almost too cringeable.

That is the funniest **** ever man. All time favourite is the Shadow in America story

"Why is she setting fire to me?" :lol:

"Maybe she is just a frustrated magician or somethin"
(edited 9 years ago)

"Why is she setting fire to me?" :lol:

"Maybe she is just a frustrated magician or somethin"

Yeah Karl Pilkington trumps all British comedians. His best material was on the ricky gervais podcasts though, especially with his "monkey news".
I'll watch anything with Gervais/Merchant/Pilkington in. Love their XFM & Ricky Gervais Show stuff, ****ing hilarious even today.

Academic succession.
Philosophy and ethics.
Modern world history.
Quantum mechanics.
Politics.
Anime.
Manga.
Organic chemistry + inorganic.
Nuclear physics.
Condensed matter physics.
English literature.
Poetry.
PhD.
Libaries.
Amsterdam.
Anyone share the same interests? Highly unlikely.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I love this guy :rofl:

Spot on Acorns! :eek: that's exactly how it would go for me too.
Can we scrap this idea lol guys pls :shy:
*Has fantasies of how it would go*
It feels awfully cringe talking about it lmao.

I expect nothing other than 6.1ft+ Dutch alpha male from Zurich :cool:
BaconButty.... :mmm:

Eeexactly.

:rofl:

Kenan you'd be interesting to see!

Gah I remember when we did football meets, at the time they were the best days out ever.
Yeah Karl Pilkington trumps all British comedians. His best material was on the ricky gervais podcasts though, especially with his "monkey news".

FINALLY somebody else who just loves to sit and listen to those guys talk to each other.

Comedy gold imo, never really liked podcasts but they're such an exception
Original post by inachigeek21
Academic succession.
Philosophy and ethics.
Modern world history.
Quantum mechanics.
Politics.
Anime.
Manga.
Organic chemistry + inorganic.
Nuclear physics.
Condensed matter physics.
English literature.
Poetry.
PhD.
Libaries.
Amsterdam.
Anyone share the same interests? Highly unlikely.

10/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so bored.
Original post by jam277
I'm so bored.

I'm at home Jam. Was supposed to start writing an essay at 9, here I am at 11:02, haven't started. I literally am fed up with uni work, I want a suit and a salary. I need to try and get some work done before the game tonight.

I'll talk to you. Tell me...

How are your job applications going?

Do you play video games and if so which ones?

What is your ideal type of woman?

Which country would you most like to visit and why?
Original post by Eboracum
I'm at home Jam. Was supposed to start writing an essay at 9, here I am at 11:02, haven't started. I literally am fed up with uni work, I want a suit and a salary. I need to try and get some work done before the game tonight.

I'll talk to you. Tell me...

How are your job applications going?

Do you play video games and if so which ones?

What is your ideal type of woman?

Which country would you most like to visit and why?

Yeah I know how you feel wrt university but trust me they're the best times of your life even if you are on a salary.

Job applications going semi decent. I have been getting interviews, seen one job that involves me going to Czech Republic but in essence it's paid internship wages with a possibility of getting onto the role for longer term. I'm really trying to avoid an internship and if I were to do one I'd do it in london. I'd only go abroad if I knew I was going to get a good job there.

I play FIFA, FM and GTA mainly atm, I have the last of us, good game watching but I struggle to get into long games, if I do get into it I'll get hooked. Far Cry 4 I'm looking to get though. Since my bro buys a lot of games I don't play them but if I buy a game I'm more likely to complete it.

Ideal type of Woman. Must have compatible interests, failing that have an interest that I can get interested in(e.g. not shopping for gucci bags and always going out), also needs to have a range of emotions(not just super nice and not a whiny bitch every day) and intellectually challenging. If she has interests in philosophy and/or football tactics she'd be a winner.

Terms of looks, I've already used the term FAB(Face, ass breasts) but in less crude termsI sometimes think a girl is hot that nobody else really turns their attentions too but I find them attractive.

Finally the country I'd like to visit most would be the united states of america. Reason being because it's one of the biggest countries in the world, diverse in terms of Cities. You have areas like Texas that are essentially close to desert areas with loads of cacti, then you have places like new york that get put in 5+ inches of snow. The diversity of animals is great too, the language spoken is English so no language barrier, it's the most powerful country on earth, I can gamble and party in Nevada and Miami is another bachelor area.

Although I would love to go monaco and watch the cote d'azur grand prix.

Latest