The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LostInYourMusic
Well I'm still waiting and I have a 722.5 UKCAT but an 800+ VR score and if they are looking at PS, loads of relevant work experience (at least in mental health).

It's so annoying that I can make a pretty good guess what cutoffs and requirements I meet for every other university but Warwick seem to be using voodoo or something. Maybe, here's hoping, that the other high UKCAT didn't meet some other awkward and invisible requirement.

the most annoying thing will be if it turns out that barts would have been a much safer choice than warwick for some people!
Reply 241
Original post by LostInYourMusic
Well I'm still waiting and I have a 722.5 UKCAT but an 800+ VR score and if they are looking at PS, loads of relevant work experience (at least in mental health).

It's so annoying that I can make a pretty good guess what cutoffs and requirements I meet for every other university but Warwick seem to be using voodoo or something. Maybe, here's hoping, that the other high UKCAT didn't meet some other awkward and invisible requirement.

I think the person who was rejected yesterday with a high overall score had a VR score in the mid 500s. Still crazy if you ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 242
Forgetting what Warwick might think, what do you all think a high VR score is?
Original post by tasmay

600+ seems good this year. Average was 580 or something similar. I imagine they're rejecting people below the mean?
Reply 244
Original post by tasmay

That average score was about 627 I think?
The average VR was 571.

I'd therefore consider a 'high' VR to be whatever you would consider a high overall average minus about 50 points.
Reply 245
So peeps, what do we reckon is going to happen today?
A) Warwick goes all quiet on us again
B) More random rejections leading us to come up with more theories on how they are picking us (I think they are just playing eni mini miny mo)
C) Or finally some interview invites (wouldn’t that be nice?!)
Original post by nug
B) More random rejections leading us to come up with more theories on how they are picking us (I think they are just playing eni mini miny mo)

My guess is on A up until 4:49pm whereby B comes into effect in sudden and drastic fashion?
Reply 247
Original post by nug

Jeez, hadn't considered they might have another rest day.

I know it's a pointless exercise, but I quite enjoy trying to work out what the hell they're up to.
Original post by JNHE
Jeez, hadn't considered they might have another rest day.

I know it's a pointless exercise, but I quite enjoy trying to work out what the hell they're up to.

I tried figuring out what Warwick is up to. But I just can't. It makes no sense to me what on earth they are doing.
Original post by nug

Haha I have an image of them sorting applicants into piles based on some totally random criteria then folding them into paper aeroplanes and having a 'reject' and 'interview' landing zone
Original post by ceciafb
Haha I have an image of them sorting applicants into piles based on some totally random criteria then folding them into paper aeroplanes and having a 'reject' and 'interview' landing zone

I can imagine them doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY
Reply 251
It was about this time yesterday that things started up again...
I feel so grateful that I work nights because I'm just about to go to sleep and not check my email all day :biggrin:

Update: just about to sleep and I got my interview email through! So happy, I didn't get one last year!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 253
Interview.
Original post by JNHE
Interview.

OMG!!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are your stats like??
WARWICK INTERVIEW!!!!!! :biggrin:

Sorry...
Reply 256
Original post by MJK91
WARWICK INTERVIEW!!!!!! :biggrin:

Sorry...

Congrats! Are you with PG-team 4?
Original post by GEP2019
Congrats! Are you with PG-team 4?

All GEM goes through PGTeam4 :smile: Other teams unrelated to medicine PG study.
Reply 258
Original post by Awesome_Alien
OMG!!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are your stats like??

Thanks. 722.5 with 680 in VR. Just a BA.
Warwick interview as well. OMG I AM SO HAPPY!!!! LIKE I AM CRYING< FIRST INTERVIEW I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending