The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hogsmeades
Hello potential course mates!!!!!!

Hello back, potential course mate. Congrats on the offer.

Is SGUL your first choice?

Also where else did you apply?
Original post by hogsmeades
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. Stay strong though!! All the best for your upcoming interview! Be confident :smile: xx

Thanks! I'll do my best :smile:

Original post by JennaK
Oh no... I guess you have more to come so you should just use this as a learning tool to improve next time. How did you feel it went on the day, though?

Definitely felt it went badly! Honestly, it wasn't good at all, I didn't feel like I performed 'well' on any of the stations so I'm not too surprised really. Hopefully this'll be a steep learning curve for me :P
If anyone has any questions for an older (but not quite wiser) T-year then don't hesitate to ask :wink:
Original post by the A* guy
Hello back, potential course mate. Congrats on the offer.

Is SGUL your first choice?

Also where else did you apply?

Nope SGUL isn't! Edin, Aberdeen and Sheffield :smile: Haven't heard back from all of them (good for Edin, not so good for the other two) but I'll be patient :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EmilyKvothe
Thanks! I'll do my best :smile:

Definitely felt it went badly! Honestly, it wasn't good at all, I didn't feel like I performed 'well' on any of the stations so I'm not too surprised really. Hopefully this'll be a steep learning curve for me :P

Don't worry about it... I screwed up 2/3 stations IMO (was stammering so badly)
i interviewed on the 16th and the lady said we would possibly hear bk on the 17th but this isnt guaranteed
i have still one letter to give them (do i have to mail it to them?), and havent heard anything yet..
is it really true tht i wont hear anything unless i give them the letter? cuz earlier in the thread i saw that they give out offers but just not official unless all documents are handed it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ummmmmmmmmm
(edited 9 years ago)
:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1268
Do you guys reckon they give out offers when comparing to the people who had an interview in the same week because I still havnt even got an interview yet and they are already giving out offfers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1270
Original post by nubbies
Then maybe some advices?

I have done 2 MMI interviews this week and the best way I can say to prepare is to prepare for a role play, make sure when you answer a question explain how you came to that conclusion and keep an open mind as they will ask questions which can be quite strange.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rishy
Do you guys reckon they give out offers when comparing to the people who had an interview in the same week because I still havnt even got an interview yet and they are already giving out offfers.

I don't think they do it relative to how others performed in the week but i'm assuming they have some sort of total interview score and they'll have a cut-off (which they don't know for sure yet) therefore most are put on the waiting list and then the ones scoring exceptionally high above the cut-off are given an offer?

that's just how I assumed it worked
Reply 1272
Original post by blissfully
I don't think they do it relative to how others performed in the week but i'm assuming they have some sort of total interview score and they'll have a cut-off (which they don't know for sure yet) therefore most are put on the waiting list and then the ones scoring exceptionally high above the cut-off are given an offer?

that's just how I assumed it worked

Maybe seems logical probably using previous cut offs.
Does any international student not heard from SGUL yet?
Original post by jamesjiang2015
Does any international student not heard from SGUL yet?

me
Original post by Paras Agarwal
me

So, do you know what has happened? Because while some applicant has already get an offer, we haven't heard anything yet...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer last week 🎉. Interview was on the 4 December. 😁😁😁
Original post by jamesjiang2015
so, do you know what has happened? Because while some applicant has already get an offer, we haven't heard anything yet...?

posted from tsr mobile

nope but im sure if we have met their cutoff conditions we are guaranteed an interview :smile:

lets wait.. Surely we will hear in the new year
Still not heard regarding interview, I'm really impatient
Original post by usycool1
Would you mind PM'ing me one as well, please? :puppyeyes:

:tongue:

could you possibly send it to me too please :o:D:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending