The Student Room Group

Jock itch

Had this rash on my thighs since last summer from doing daily cardio, it seems to clear up sometimes if I don't do cardio but I don't see that as a viable permanent solution.

I've tried various OTT creams but haven't found anything to work yet. Recently the rash has spread to my hip and my arm.

It itches so bad, I just want to scrub it with a towel as soon as I get out of the shower.

Visiting the doctor is a bit difficult where I am now. Anyone know an OTT medication which will definitely work?
Original post by Jebedee
Had this rash on my thighs since last summer from doing daily cardio, it seems to clear up sometimes if I don't do cardio but I don't see that as a viable permanent solution.

I've tried various OTT creams but haven't found anything to work yet. Recently the rash has spread to my hip and my arm.

It itches so bad, I just want to scrub it with a towel as soon as I get out of the shower.

Visiting the doctor is a bit difficult where I am now. Anyone know an OTT medication which will definitely work?

If you can't make it to a doc have you tried asking a pharmacist for advice? (I'm guessing you have if you've tried several otc creams).

If you've already tried lots of creams it might be best to try and get a GP appointment so that it can be looked at properly. What sort of creams have you tried so far?
Reply 2
Original post by moonkatt
If you can't make it to a doc have you tried asking a pharmacist for advice? (I'm guessing you have if you've tried several otc creams).

If you've already tried lots of creams it might be best to try and get a GP appointment so that it can be looked at properly. What sort of creams have you tried so far?

Many moisturisers and one anti-fungal. I'll have to get my health insurance here sorted before I can see any doctor I guess.
Original post by Jebedee
Many moisturisers and one anti-fungal. I'll have to get my health insurance here sorted before I can see any doctor I guess.

You not in the UK then?
Reply 4
Original post by moonkatt
You not in the UK then?

Nope.

Quick Reply

Latest