The Student Room Group

Transgender Personal Statement Advice

Hey student room peeps, I'm 22 and transgender, basically throughout all my studies I've had that metaphorical monkey on my back and never really been able to apply myself to my studies because I was harbouring that humungous secret and also trying to cope with a plethora of emotions. Now I have come out and I am living as me I can finally apply myself and focus on my studies which is why I plan to head back to uni.

I was wondering if I should mention this on my personal statement, or if any body had any personal experience?
:smile:
Original post by jessicarrrrrgh
Hey student room peeps, I'm 22 and transgender, basically throughout all my studies I've had that metaphorical monkey on my back and never really been able to apply myself to my studies because I was harbouring that humungous secret and also trying to cope with a plethora of emotions. Now I have come out and I am living as me I can finally apply myself and focus on my studies which is why I plan to head back to uni.

I was wondering if I should mention this on my personal statement, or if any body had any personal experience?
:smile:

Mitigating circumstances like this should not be included in your PS - speak to your referee about mentioning it in your reference.

If it's covered there then you can always refer to it vaguely with a positive spin - ie about how you're looking forward to moving on with your new life at uni etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending