The Student Room Group

Best thing about childhood

What was the best thing for you about being a kid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

How easy it was to make friends, you just needed to be in the same play area or going down the same slide and you were instantly best friends:smile:
Reply 2
No 3000 word essay due at 9am the next day.
Homework that was finished in 10 mins on a friday afternoon, leaving lots of time to play around.
didn't have to make any major decisions
The best thing for me was that your decisions and actions won't have a huge impact on your life.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by Evening
No 3000 word essay due at 9am the next day.

Ditto.
1/10 complete.

Having lots of spare time to play Animal Crossing.
Being completely unaware of other people being sentient beings!
Freaking rocked.
goofing off without having to explain it much or having the police yell at ya :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by white boy
didn't have to make any major decisions

I chose to transfer to another primary school when I was a first grader, and I chose which grammar school to go to when I was a sixth grader. Also, which musical instruments to learn and not learn.

Quite potentially have changed my life.

---

My younger brother was given the choice to choose between two kindergartens as well, so I probably had the choice, too.
Reply 11
Pretty much having time to do whatever you felt like doing without having the reminder at the back of your mind that you will be doing exams at the end if the year.
No exams, No essays, No Homework that takes more than 15 minutes to complete :redface:
Didn't have to worry about school or exams. Playing outside with my siblings was really fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to sleep on the sofa and waking up in your bed the next day
The lack of responsibility, the innocence and light hearted fun attached to that.
Original post by clh_hilary
I chose to transfer to another primary school when I was a first grader, and I chose which grammar school to go to when I was a sixth grader. Also, which musical instruments to learn and not learn.

Quite potentially have changed my life.

---

My younger brother was given the choice to choose between two kindergartens as well, so I probably had the choice, too.

didn't ask you
Original post by white boy
didn't ask you

I act proactively.
The carefree nature of it all. As a kid you think adults spend all their time having fun and getting to make the rules, but you don't know about school work in sixth form and university, finding a job, sticking to a budget, having to pay for things with your own money, having to look after yourself, etc.

When you're a kid you don't realise how carefree you actually are. All your needs are met by other people.
Being able to spontaneously sprint down the street or spontaneously jump my way down a staircase were personal highlights!

Quick Reply

Latest