The Student Room Group

Does anyone else find that there is literaly nothing onthe telly?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nulli tertius
1 Check the aerial is plugged in correctly

2 Call a repairman

That being a possible job is probably a more alien concept to your fans on here than employing people to light streetlamps was to us.
Original post by Joinedup
That being a possible job is probably a more alien concept to your fans on here than employing people to light streetlamps was to us.

I've been doing some work involving a former Wigfalls depot and am probably feeling nostalgic. It will be a valve that has gone.
It's been like that for years, live TV is in terminal decline.
Nothing on TV here, too thin. On our old TV we could put loads of things on it.
Reply 24
Original post by LeaX
TV is soo boring now :frown: all I watch is The Vampire Diaries, Gogglebox, The Originals and Pretty Little Liars. Thank God for American TV shows being uploaded online is all I'll say.

I've got a secret, can you keep it?:wink:
Original post by nulli tertius
I've been doing some work involving a former Wigfalls depot and am probably feeling nostalgic. It will be a valve that has gone.

We rented granada

The benefit was you didn't get stuck with an unexpected repair bill several times per year when your 1970s TV set stopped working again.

TV rental was killed by reliable tellys from Japan - my current and only ever gogglebox is an ex-rental panasonic that I bought from currys in the mid 90s when it was probably already a few years old.
It just won't die.
Well the BBC have would I lie to you which is hilarious! If you want to watch something funny on television I would suggest channel 4's the last leg or 8 out of 10 cats. These 3 shows are literally the only time I tune in to watch television; most of the time I just go on Netflix instead....
No. I love going back home, I hate not having a TV :frown:
I think it's been like that all my life.
Original post by sr90
It's been like that for years, live TV is in terminal decline.

TV was born in terminal decline. There never was a Golden Age. It was always acres of dross with the occasional gem.
4OD has good comedies on it, stuff like Peep show, the IT crowd etc (although channel 4 is quite bad for anything else)
Yeah me, there used to be much more choice in the past imo. I barely watch TV anymore & when I do it's mostly sports related.
Reply 32
Classic case how people throw the word literally into any sentence these days when there is no need for it to be there.

I'm so angry
I could sell my TV if not for my video games
TV is ****
Agreed, dumb down TV programmes that are cheaply made. To me it is like it is made to dumb down the public so they dont learn anything from it. We waste our lives watching cr*p, then go to uni/work talking about the cr*p we have seen on TV. Waste of time if you ask me. And It doesnt achieve anything.
You should go to East Asian country like Hong Kong. Their drama talks about struggles of the normal person, and how we should all achieve to be a better person, aspire to be someone and do the best we can to succeed.
Reply 36
Original post by Vixen47
Nooo I've got way too much to watch. My Sky+ planner is down to 27% because of me. :eek:

What are you talking about 27% is considered empty in my house lol. My mum's got it down to 2% -_-

Quick Reply

Latest