The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Necrosyrtes
Start consistent work on revision a couple weeks before Easter, and you'll probably be 100% fine. Probably overkill, but it could be worth getting used to overkill, as Cambridge will be hard.

I know I'm gonna suck on my mocks, as I've done no revision at all really, but for the real ones, I'm aiming to do loads (not usually my style, but I want to get used to it).

:lol: That's too much effort... People think I must do so much work, but I'm a lazy mother ****er. I just can't bring myself to do anything because I j think I know it anyway.

Hmmm... I suppose you have a point. I cba for mocks, because they don't mean anything. Before FP1 exam I hadn't looked at actual content since I did the past papers in holidays, although that should be an A,dont need high UMS in that lol. According to me

-lnx-2=0
Gives x = e^2 lol

Haven't done a Chem paper yet...mock for that is tomorrow, I did start one
Original post by L'Evil Fish
If today's mocks were anything to go by... Not getting into Cambridge :mmm:

You'll be fine. :biggrin: I'm feeling kind of smug that my school doesn't do mocks, but at the same time they'd probably be kind of useful... :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 502
Original post by Necrosyrtes
Don't have facebook :/
Besides, if I did, my friends would all probably blast me for joining a Cambridge group (you can't hide your groups, right?) :laugh:

Thanks for the invite though.

Oh, you're one of those. :eek:

Nah, you can completely customise what your friends see. That doesn't mean that Facebook isn't an evil, information-mongering corporation though lol.
Original post by 1www1
I was thinking the same thing!!! Please make a group. I will gladly join :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get pooled but when I got my offer letter it said join the official offer holders group 2015 on Facebook - there isn't one 😂 I feel sorry for murray edwards, I chose it first time and loved it! Annoys me about the snobbery of some people already on the general offer holders page, I actually preferred it to the older more traditional colleges which is why I applied :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drowninginsound
You'll be fine. :biggrin: I'm feeling kind of smug that my school doesn't do mocks, but at the same time they'd probably be kind of useful... :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting to fail a mock (like idk, a C or less) so I can j be like... Well Cambridge thought I was worthy so I will not be defined by exams.

Idk, they'd probably be useful nearer the time. Not now though
Original post by ak24
I feel sad because no-one has made a Murray Edwards offer holders Facebook group because like only 10% of people actually apply direct to there and the other 90% get pooled so it's sort of like meh all girls college, but that might just be me haha. I would make the group myself, but I somehow feel like it'll jinx it so like then awkward if I don't get the grades... :colondollar::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Hey! I've been pooled to MEC for History - but honestly, after researching it I'm soooo happy. It looks really friendly, really good facilities and food/accommodation sound so much better than my previous preferred college :smile: Hopefully see you in March for the open days! P.S. Please make a facebook page!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AmberW1997
Hey! I've been pooled to MEC for History - but honestly, after researching it I'm soooo happy. It looks really friendly, really good facilities and food/accommodation sound so much better than my previous preferred college :smile: Hopefully see you in March for the open days! P.S. Please make facebook page!!

Yay someone else happy with it! :smile: it's been making me feel rubbish about my offer because I keep hearing people slating it :frown: I'll join too if one is made :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm waiting to fail a mock (like idk, a C or less) so I can j be like... Well Cambridge thought I was worthy so I will not be defined by exams.

Idk, they'd probably be useful nearer the time. Not now though

Whats your offer? :smile:
Original post by allypetal
Yay someone else happy with it! :smile: it's been making me feel rubbish about my offer because I keep hearing people slating it :frown: I'll join too if one is made :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was shocked at first too but being around cool, empowered girls sounds awesome! We get an identical education (which is most important) to mixed colleges and see boys/other girls from other colleges whenever we want but have the bonus of choosing that! :biggrin:
If there are any Philosophy offer-holders lurking come and join the thread, I don't know anyone else who has one! :frown: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=503648&page=39

Original post by Elcor
Just found out I was the only successful Oxbridgian in my school. It's bittersweet as there's no one to celebrate with. :frown:

Lmao same! The only offers I've heard about at my school are LJMU.

If today's mocks were anything to go by... Not getting into Cambridge :mmm:

I'm kind of the same, except I only got my grades last year by relentless revision, so my failure to actually revise doesn't really bode well... uh oh.
Original post by AmberW1997
I was shocked at first too but being around cool, empowered girls sounds awesome! We get an identical education (which is most important) to mixed colleges and see boys/other girls from other colleges whenever we want but have the bonus of choosing that! :biggrin:

Exactly :smile: it isn't like a convent or anything ahaha, you have lectures with everyone else anyway! It's so so friendly as well, I'm too much of a stress head to psychologically deal with being in a big grand mahogany furnished (stereotype I know) place all the time so it was perfect for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 511
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Lmao same! The only offers I've heard about at my school are LJMU.

I Googled LJMU; what's relevant about this random Liverpool uni and how can it be the only place someone from your school's got an offer from? :laugh:
Reply 512
I didn't get pooled but when I got my offer letter it said join the official offer holders group 2015 on Facebook - there isn't one 😂 I feel sorry for murray edwards, I chose it first time and loved it! Annoys me about the snobbery of some people already on the general offer holders page, I actually preferred it to the older more traditional colleges which is why I applied :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was a direct applicant too :smile: What subject did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1www1
I was a direct applicant too :smile: What subject did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooo! :smile: English, and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 514
Wooo! :smile: English, and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phys. NatSci!! Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1www1
Phys. NatSci!! Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh complete opposite! Manchester, and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 516
EMMANUEL medics???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly :smile: it isn't like a convent or anything ahaha, you have lectures with everyone else anyway! It's so so friendly as well, I'm too much of a stress head to psychologically deal with being in a big grand mahogany furnished (stereotype I know) place all the time so it was perfect for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally the same! I didn't look around any and just picked the college I stayed at on the Shadowing Scheme - in reality if I had I would have chosen MEC :smile: I wouldn't study well somewhere imposing/grand and think I'll work better somewhere relaxed and friendly! You're with everyone else for societies/clubs and we can go to Ents and Formals at other colleges. Plus they have this really cool 60s Garden party/Apple day/Saturday Brunch which is apparently really popular with other colleges :smile: Genuinely think it will be so much fun!
Reply 518
Ooh complete opposite! Manchester, and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nürnberg (Germany) :wink: What's your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
I Googled LJMU; what's relevant about this random Liverpool uni and how can it be the only place someone from your school's got an offer from? :laugh:

It's just a popular one for my school! Lmao I'm not sure to be honest, we aren't a high-ranking sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending