The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drowninginsound

That sounds pretty cool, I'd like to try CompSci too but I have no experience in it and have too many options I'd like to do anyway. :tongue: That's weird to have a Chemistry interview, what kind of things did they get you to talk about? I'm thinking I'll probably do Phy, Chem and Materials, but I'd really like to do Earth Sciences too. :frown: There's too much choice, that's the problem!

I think Compsci would be really useful, wether i went into research or a job after. They asked me about ice melting in water and salt dissolving in water :confused::confused: my bull****ting skills really had to be on point that day :biggrin: earth sciences is a bit like physical geography isn't it? Materials looks quite interesting, you think it's very mathematical? i hope its not too much chemistry :cool:
Original post by KongShou
Trinity Maths checking in!

Hooray, my offer just came through on track :smile:. Still, out of the 50ish offer holders i expected to have seen more than 5 so far.
Original post by Mini-Me
Oh sorry I meant the natural log one, I quoted the wrong bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

-lnx - 2 = 0
Lnx = - 2
x = e^(-2)

Not 2
Offer holder for Mathematics at Queens'... although they asked me to get an A in English and didn't mention anything about my Maths grade. Did anyone else get a bit of a strange offer?
Reply 544
Come on UCAS! Quite a few people are getting it updated now, especially Pembroke offer holders.
Reply 545
Original post by alexcapstick97
Offer holder for Mathematics at Queens'... although they asked me to get an A in English and didn't mention anything about my Maths grade. Did anyone else get a bit of a strange offer?

That's bizarre wtf
Reply 546
Original post by tom-physics
I think Compsci would be really useful, wether i went into research or a job after. They asked me about ice melting in water and salt dissolving in water :confused::confused: my bull****ting skills really had to be on point that day :biggrin: earth sciences is a bit like physical geography isn't it? Materials looks quite interesting, you think it's very mathematical? i hope its not too much chemistry :cool:

You a compsci? I'm really lonely on this thread, who else is a compsci? Can't be just me :frown:
UCAS was updated an hour and a half ago.. the letter was officially not a mistake :cool:.
Original post by Elcor
Amazing news!! :congrats:

Looks like we'll be having a coffee together in a quaint Cambridge café after all. :redface:

Haha yes will hold you on to that :wink:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ah, Maths B :awesome: I j said maths... Although FM will be the A*, Physics probably the other. Although want the 3.

Yeah... :frown: Chemistry. And Wednesday is French and M2

Chemistry is your jam though! Oo M2, don't like that module :frown:
Original post by Navo D.

Chemistry is your jam though! Oo M2, don't like that module :frown:

Ahh what's wrong with M2??!
Trying to decide between self teaching that or S3...
I applied for Biological NatSci and got pooled to Newnham. Wouldn't have chosen all girls myself and am slightly apprehensive about what the atmos will be like but any prospective Newnhamites who wanna chat message me!
I'm in my gap year so unconditional offer :smile:
Original post by cerlohee
Ahh what's wrong with M2??!
Trying to decide between self teaching that or S3...

Are you on Edexcel? Can't advise you otherwise :tongue:
Original post by TVIO
You a compsci? I'm really lonely on this thread, who else is a compsci? Can't be just me :frown:

haha no mate i'm doing physical natsci but will take a module in comics at cambridge, you'd think there'd be more compsci's on here aren't you guys supposed to like computers :wink:
haha no mate i'm doing physical natsci but will take a module in comics at cambridge, you'd think there'd be more compsci's on here aren't you guys supposed to like computers :wink:

LOL
Hey! I got an offer too! Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic at St John's :biggrin:
Reply 555

That's what I thought! It's not like it's a small course there should be 100 of us somewhere...Perhaps we'll meet next year then, CS is great (I *may* be biased here)
Original post by jneill
LOL

comp sci not comics haha
Anyone else feel a bit undeserving of an offer? I know so many people who seemed so much more into cambridge who've been rejected, not that I'm saying I'm not keen just that they were more if that makes sense :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Anyone else feel a bit undeserving of an offer? I know so many people who seemed so much more into cambridge who've been rejected, not that I'm saying I'm not keen just that they were more if that makes sense :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm exactly the same. I know so many amazing people who so deserved it and I'm nowhere near as intelligent as.. it makes me sad knowing they won't be going when they deserved it and work so hard :frown:.
comp sci not comics haha

I can just see you NatScis doing a module in Marvel v Manga...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending