The Student Room Group

Which University??

UNI
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Faysal Sagher
LAW - University of Huddersfield, Newcastle University or University of York??

Give me some opinions?

Not long till decision time..

York or Newcastle.
York. Bonus is tht it has classy, sophisticated poon.

Wheras, Newcastle, has loud party all-night gals.
Reply 3
York or Newcastle. Law firms are picky about where you studied. Seriously.
Reply 4
I would recommend newcastle because you wolud had the experience of living outside home, in a very different atmosphere, with only you managing your time, money and with no one tellng you what to do. It would be a great vital experience that would make you a more independent person. On the other hand, york would be a more easy and comfortable option as you would live in your city in your home with your parents and be with your "always" friends, and it would be cheaper as you wouldn't have to pay for housing. I think Newcastle would be better but york wouldn't be a bad option too.
Original post by Faysal Sagher
Great I understand that these two are Russell Group unis but which one would you pick, York would mean that I live at home and Newcastle would mean away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I think York has a better overall reputation, but if you really want to move away from home, then Newcastle would be better.
Reply 6
The York and Newcastle courses are VERY different as I'm sure has been explained to you at your York interview. This this is the basis you should form your decision on

Posted from TSR Mobile
fair enough newcastle is good too, its more traditionally taught where as the york course is more problem based so i have heard. employers seem to respect york even though the teaching is relativeily new

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending