The Student Room Group

What makes a *guy* TRASHY?

We have all heard of trashy girls, but what about trashy guys? Would you say it is the same thing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Double standard.
Sleeping around,no dignity,no self worth,no ambition
Reply 3
Original post by 0range
Double standard.

Would you ever call another man trashy? I would..

queen-bee

Agree with the first two. Low self worth could be b/c of mental health things though?
Reply 4
Original post by HarryDn

I mean I personally would. As a general culture thing though I think it's seen more as a whole "LAD" sort of thing instead of trashy.
Original post by HarryDn

Agree with the first two. Low self worth could be b/c of mental health things though?

I'm talking about someone who is able to make a change within themselves but doesn't really care
Reply 6
Original post by 0range
I mean I personally would. As a general culture thing though I think it's seen more as a whole "LAD" sort of thing instead of trashy.

Yep, LAD culture can be a problem tho :s-smilie:

queen-bee
I'm talking about someone who is able to make a change within themselves but doesn't really care

Example? (iko see what you mean :smile:)
Original post by HarryDn
Yep, LAD culture can be a problem tho :s-smilie:

Example? (iko see what you mean :smile:)

Just having no ambition to improve their prospects
Reply 8
Original post by queen-bee

That can be a mental health thing.
Reply 9
Just having no ambition to improve their prospects

I wouldn't say it's trashy though, even if not a mental health issue - have a friend who only earns 15k a year in "lowly" work but he pays his bills on time and is teetotal.
Any guy who doesn't tuck in a dress shirt.
Reply 11
Original post by Grantland
Any guy who doesn't tuck in a dress shirt.

lol
there's nothing wrong with being trashy
Reply 13
Original post by og.east
there's nothing wrong with being trashy

badman
Original post by HarryDn
badman

you know it
its typically women are called trashy. Never hear it for guys (and it makes sense that way)

I see nothing wrong with sleeping with many people.....I really don't. Whats wrong with it?

Dignity is something that is constructed by others. If you don't care about others opinions then its simply irreverent. Having dignity in that respect makes you a weak person as you care about the approval of others. I have no dignity as a result of not caring about the opinions of others because I do not seek gratification.

But self worth? I doubt someone whom has no self worth would be able to sleep around. Low self worth pretty much means no self esteem. Someone with no self worth is more than likely going to be sat playing world of warcraft every Friday and Saturday night then out on the town trying their luck.

No ambition? Hasn't got anything to do with being trashy.....
Original post by jam277.5
its typically women are called trashy. Never hear it for guys (and it makes sense that way)

why does it make sense this way?
Depends. If you're saying what makes them look trashy, then:
Baggy pants, oversized shirts, Swagalicious accessories, sideways cap, lots of tattoos and piercings, talk in slang words/swear words

If you're saying what makes them trashy, then:
Lack of respect, Obnoxious viewpoints, inability to be considerate, violent, over-glorifies sex

Actually, maybe I'm describing douchebags more than trashy guys :/
Sleeping around

How do you view James Bond?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending