Scroll to see replies

Original post by Up quark
Bro, why you laughin tho? You reported him? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wouldn't surprise me

I don't like his thug attitude.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Wa alaykum as salaam

Question to all: What do you think the future of Islam in the West is?

Salaam
Honestly, I'm terrified. I live in a very diverse area where everyone gets on but slowly even people here (a VERY small minority) who have been friends with and gone to school with Muslims all their lives are starting to blame them for the Paris attacks. What's tragic is they know full well that the Muslims they know aren't capable of such a thing and would never do anything of the sort. I fear that if this view can affect the non-Muslims who once voluntarily interacted with Muslims, it has completely consumed those living in the less diverse areas.
I dunno the I-SOC's view of the Paris attacks (wasn't on TSR) that week but I think it was completely wrong. Murder is never the answer, regardless if what someone did. Yes, it was wrong for them to publish the pictures in the first place but it's the day and age we live in. There will always be people trying to get a reaction but we mustn't let it affect us. A peaceful protest or petition would have been a better response not murder and terrorism.

Original post by K1NG93
Salam

Muslims will start getting persecuted more. The level of Islamophibia is increasing day by day and there will come a time when Muslims will experience the same treatment the Jews did in Nazi Germany. Don't take my words lightly. It will happen one day. Be prepared.

Sadly I agree with you completely.
:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBlueBiro

Sadly I agree with you completely.
:'(
Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile::yy:

Amongst the etiquette of du'a that is known by all Muslims, young or old, is that of raising one's hands while making du'a. In fact, the raising of one's hands during du'a has been narrated in so many different traditions that Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said:

"As for the Prophet (ﷺ), raising his hands in du'a, then this has been narrated in so many ahadith that they cannot be counted!" [1]

Of these ahadith is that of Abu Musa al-Asha'ari, who narrated:

"The Prophet (ﷺ) made a du'a, and I saw him raise his hands, until I could see the whiteness of his armpits". [2]

And Ibn 'Umar narrated:

"The Prophet (ﷺ) raised his hands and said: "O Allah! I ask your protection for what Khalid has done!" [3]

Anas also narrated that the Prophet (ﷺ)"...raised his hands until I saw the whiteness of his armpits". [4]

Another example is when the Prophet (ﷺ) faced the Ka'bah when he supplicated on the day of Badr.

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab said: "When the day of Badr came to pass, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) looked at the disbelievers, who were 1000 in number, while his companions were 319 men. The Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) then faced the Qiblah (towards the Ka'bah), extended his hands, and then began to call out to his lord: O Allah, carry out for me that which You promised me..." [5]

Furthermore Salman al-Farsi said that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:

"Indeed, Allah is Shy and Beneficent. He is Shy when His servant raises his hands to Him (in a du'a) to return them empty, disappointed!" [6]

Subhan'Allah! The Lord of the Creation feels Shy when one of His servants lifts his hands up to Him to make du'a! Verily, hearts are filled with love and awe at the Generosity and Beneficence of Allah.

It is important that one's palms face upwards, and not the back of one's hands. Malik ibn Yasar narrated that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:

"If you ask Allah, then ask him with the palms of your hands outwards, and not with the outward portion of the hands (i.e. with the palms facing down)" [7]

It is not befitting for a person to ask with his palms facing down, for this is sign of arrogance, and an indication that he is not really in need of his request.

There are three different types of motions that are narrated from the Companions. The first type is to point with one's forefinger, without necessarily lifting one's hands. This action is done when one asks for forgiveness, or makes a general dhikr (remembrance of Allah), or while making a du'a during the khutbah (sermon), or during the tashahhud (that part of the prayer said in the final sitting position of each cycle of two rakat).

The second type is to raise one's hands to the level of ones shoulders, with the palms facing up. This is done for regular du'as that one makes at any time.

The last type of action is only done in extremely severe circumstances, such as asking for rain after a drought, or seeking protection from an imminent enemy attack. In this case, the hands are stretched forth towards the sky, without joining the two palms together. When this is done, a person's armpits become exposed due to the severity of the stretching.

This is affirmed by the narration of Ibn 'Abbas, who said:

"The asking (of any du'a should be accompanied by) raising your hands to the level of your shoulder, or around that level. The seeking of forgiveness (istighfar) (should be accompanied by) pointing with one finger (i.e. the forefinger). Petitioning (is done by) stretching forth your hands totally (above the head, such that the armpits are exposed). [8]

The general rule is that when a person makes du'a, he should raise his hands. However, there is one case in which the Prophet did not raise his hands, and that was during the Friday Khutbah. So for the du'a during the khutbah, it is not Sunnah for the Imam or the people to raise the hands, except if the person giving the khutbah makes a special prayer for rain (istisqa), for it is Sunnah to raise one's hands for this particular du'a.

Also, it is not Sunnah to raise one's hands for the general du'as of the day, such as the du'as for entering a mosque and house, and for exiting them.

The above is taken and based on the works Du'a: The Weapon of the Believer and The Book Of Manners.

Return to Menu for more Etiquettes and Manners of Du'a

References:
[1] Arusi, p.212.
[2] Narrated by al-Bukhari #4323, from Abu Musa al-Asha'ari.
[3] Narrated by al-Bukhari #4339, from 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar.
[4] Narrated in al-Bukhari #6341 without a complete chain of narrators, but its chain is given by Abu Na'im in his al-Mustakhraj, as Ibn Hajr pointed out in Fath al-Bari.
[5] Narrated by Muslim #1763, Ahmad #208 and at-Tirmidhi #3081.
[6] Narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawud #1488, at-Tirmidhi #3556, Ibn Majah #3865 and others, from Salman al-Farsi, and authenticated by al-Albani in Saheeh al-Jami' #1757, Saheeh Abi Dawud, Takreej al-Mishkat al-Masabih #2244 &
[7] Narred by Abi Dawud #1486 from Malik ib Yasir, and narrated by Ibn Majah, at-Tabarani, and al-Hakim from Ibn 'Abbas, and authenticated by al-Albani in Saheeh al-Jami' #593.
[8] Narrated by Abi Dawud #1489, from Ibn Abbas, and Ibn Hajr in Fath al-Bari also said it was in the Mustadrak of al-Hakim. Al-Albani graded it Saheeh.
Wa alaykum as salaam

Question to all: What do you think the future of Islam in the West is?

Wasalaam. I think Islam will either take over the West or it will die out. Obviously I hope it's the former.
What do you think the future of Islam in the West is?

Inshallah Islam will stand the test of time.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

Amongst the etiquette of du'a that is known by all Muslims, young or old, is that of raising one's hands while making du'a. In fact, the raising of one's hands during du'a has been narrated in so many different traditions that Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said:

"As for the Prophet (ﷺ), raising his hands in du'a, then this has been narrated in so many ahadith that they cannot be counted!" [1]

Of these ahadith is that of Abu Musa al-Asha'ari, who narrated:

"The Prophet (ﷺ) made a du'a, and I saw him raise his hands, until I could see the whiteness of his armpits". [2]

And Ibn 'Umar narrated:

"The Prophet (ﷺ) raised his hands and said: "O Allah! I ask your protection for what Khalid has done!" [3]

Anas also narrated that the Prophet (ﷺ)"...raised his hands until I saw the whiteness of his armpits". [4]

Another example is when the Prophet (ﷺ) faced the Ka'bah when he supplicated on the day of Badr.

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab said: "When the day of Badr came to pass, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) looked at the disbelievers, who were 1000 in number, while his companions were 319 men. The Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) then faced the Qiblah (towards the Ka'bah), extended his hands, and then began to call out to his lord: O Allah, carry out for me that which You promised me..." [5]

Furthermore Salman al-Farsi said that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:

"Indeed, Allah is Shy and Beneficent. He is Shy when His servant raises his hands to Him (in a du'a) to return them empty, disappointed!" [6]

Subhan'Allah! The Lord of the Creation feels Shy when one of His servants lifts his hands up to Him to make du'a! Verily, hearts are filled with love and awe at the Generosity and Beneficence of Allah.

It is important that one's palms face upwards, and not the back of one's hands. Malik ibn Yasar narrated that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:

"If you ask Allah, then ask him with the palms of your hands outwards, and not with the outward portion of the hands (i.e. with the palms facing down)" [7]

It is not befitting for a person to ask with his palms facing down, for this is sign of arrogance, and an indication that he is not really in need of his request.

There are three different types of motions that are narrated from the Companions. The first type is to point with one's forefinger, without necessarily lifting one's hands. This action is done when one asks for forgiveness, or makes a general dhikr (remembrance of Allah), or while making a du'a during the khutbah (sermon), or during the tashahhud (that part of the prayer said in the final sitting position of each cycle of two rakat).

The second type is to raise one's hands to the level of ones shoulders, with the palms facing up. This is done for regular du'as that one makes at any time.

The last type of action is only done in extremely severe circumstances, such as asking for rain after a drought, or seeking protection from an imminent enemy attack. In this case, the hands are stretched forth towards the sky, without joining the two palms together. When this is done, a person's armpits become exposed due to the severity of the stretching.

This is affirmed by the narration of Ibn 'Abbas, who said:

"The asking (of any du'a should be accompanied by) raising your hands to the level of your shoulder, or around that level. The seeking of forgiveness (istighfar) (should be accompanied by) pointing with one finger (i.e. the forefinger). Petitioning (is done by) stretching forth your hands totally (above the head, such that the armpits are exposed). [8]

The general rule is that when a person makes du'a, he should raise his hands. However, there is one case in which the Prophet did not raise his hands, and that was during the Friday Khutbah. So for the du'a during the khutbah, it is not Sunnah for the Imam or the people to raise the hands, except if the person giving the khutbah makes a special prayer for rain (istisqa), for it is Sunnah to raise one's hands for this particular du'a.

Also, it is not Sunnah to raise one's hands for the general du'as of the day, such as the du'as for entering a mosque and house, and for exiting them.

The above is taken and based on the works Du'a: The Weapon of the Believer and The Book Of Manners.

Return to Menu for more Etiquettes and Manners of Du'a

References:
[1] Arusi, p.212.
[2] Narrated by al-Bukhari #4323, from Abu Musa al-Asha'ari.
[3] Narrated by al-Bukhari #4339, from 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar.
[4] Narrated in al-Bukhari #6341 without a complete chain of narrators, but its chain is given by Abu Na'im in his al-Mustakhraj, as Ibn Hajr pointed out in Fath al-Bari.
[5] Narrated by Muslim #1763, Ahmad #208 and at-Tirmidhi #3081.
[6] Narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawud #1488, at-Tirmidhi #3556, Ibn Majah #3865 and others, from Salman al-Farsi, and authenticated by al-Albani in Saheeh al-Jami' #1757, Saheeh Abi Dawud, Takreej al-Mishkat al-Masabih #2244 &
[7] Narred by Abi Dawud #1486 from Malik ib Yasir, and narrated by Ibn Majah, at-Tabarani, and al-Hakim from Ibn 'Abbas, and authenticated by al-Albani in Saheeh al-Jami' #593.
[8] Narrated by Abi Dawud #1489, from Ibn Abbas, and Ibn Hajr in Fath al-Bari also said it was in the Mustadrak of al-Hakim. Al-Albani graded it Saheeh.

Jzk-k for sharing :yy:
What do you think the future of Islam in the West is?

I believe that if the Muslim community stays on the current path i see no future for Islam in the west except one that is increasingly secular and liberal. I don't see the muslim community as adequately addressing the challenges that have come it's way nor do i see the muslim community as adequately providing enough social services for their own community and the western community in general.

I believe that if Muslims continue reacting as they have done to western foreign policy then the subsequent attacks on western soil there will be some sort of backlash against the community via an increased support for the right which is no doubt affected by various factors.

I believe that if things continue as they are then there will be some kind of legislation passed which will have a negative impact on the muslim community which will force some individuals to a more liberal side and others to a more extreme side.

I do not doubt the promises of Allah and his messenger but without the muslims returning to the religion that Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wa salam) practiced in all it's forms then we will not be worthy of that time.

One of my favorite ahadeeth,

عَنْ خَبَّابِ بْنِ الأَرَتِّ، قَالَ شَكَوْنَا إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَهْوَ مُتَوَسِّدٌ بُرْدَةً لَهُ فِي ظِلِّ الْكَعْبَةِ، قُلْنَا لَهُ أَلاَ تَسْتَنْصِرُ لَنَا أَلاَ تَدْعُو اللَّهَ لَنَا قَالَ "‏ كَانَ الرَّجُلُ فِيمَنْ قَبْلَكُمْ يُحْفَرُ لَهُ فِي الأَرْضِ فَيُجْعَلُ فِيهِ، فَيُجَاءُ بِالْمِنْشَارِ، فَيُوضَعُ عَلَى رَأْسِهِ فَيُشَقُّ بِاثْنَتَيْنِ، وَمَا يَصُدُّهُ ذَلِكَ عَنْ دِينِهِ، وَيُمْشَطُ بِأَمْشَاطِ الْحَدِيدِ، مَا دُونَ لَحْمِهِ مِنْ عَظْمٍ أَوْ عَصَبٍ، وَمَا يَصُدُّهُ ذَلِكَ عَنْ دِينِهِ، وَاللَّهِ لَيُتِمَّنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرَ حَتَّى يَسِيرَ الرَّاكِبُ مِنْ صَنْعَاءَ إِلَى حَضْرَمَوْتَ، لاَ يَخَافُ إِلاَّ اللَّهَ أَوِ الذِّئْبَ عَلَى غَنَمِهِ، وَلَكِنَّكُمْ تَسْتَعْجِلُونَ ‏"‏‏.

Narrated Khabbab bin Al-Arat:

We complained to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) (of the persecution inflicted on us by the infidels) while he was sitting in the shade of the Ka`ba, leaning over his Burd (i.e. covering sheet). We said to him, "Would you seek help for us? Would you pray to Allah for us?" He said, "Among the nations before you a (believing) man would be put in a ditch that was dug for him, and a saw would be put over his head and he would be cut into two pieces; yet that (torture) would not make him give up his religion. His body would be combed with iron combs that would remove his flesh from the bones and nerves, yet that would not make him abandon his religion. By Allah, this religion (i.e. Islam) will prevail till a traveler from Sana (in Yemen) to Hadrarmaut will fear none but Allah, or a wolf as regards his sheep, but you (people) are hasty.

Note the narrator. It is Khabbab Ibn al-Arrat, search up his life. Moreover, look at other hadeeth narrating the same incident in which they say Rasulullah shhowed signs of anger upon hearing this (as far as i can remember)

and Allah knows best.
The sword of Ottoman sultan Mehmed II was inscribed with the following prayer:

“In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. True religion ties us together and shines, opening with blessed verses and sharp, strong, and bright swords. All thanks are to Allah the Exalted. Peace and blessings, and the best of expressions for Prophet Muhammad and the members of his family also. Oh Allah! Bless through the religion of power and exaltation the soldiers and the warrior sultan. Make sharp the sword of Sultan Murad’s son, Mehmed Khan and give him power every time he unsheathes his sword to spread your laws, and to destroy your enemies, oh Lord of the Universe. He is son of Murad, the son Mehmed, the son of Bayezid, the son of Murat, the son of Orhan, the son of Osman. Oh Allah, make the graves of the martyrs a fertile garden with pure water and shade, and bless them with Heaven. Amen, oh Lord of the Universe."

Cool huh?

rahmatullahi alayh.

He had heard the hadeeth of the one who open Constantinople for the muslims and he was inspired to be that person. He had a drive and a vision.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by themorninglight

“In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. True religion ties us together and shines, opening with blessed verses and sharp, strong, and bright swords. All thanks are to Allah the Exalted. Peace and blessings, and the best of expressions for Prophet Muhammad and the members of his family also. Oh Allah! Bless through the religion of power and exaltation the soldiers and the warrior sultan. Make sharp the sword of Sultan Murad’s son, Mehmed Khan and give him power every time he unsheathes his sword to spread your laws, and to destroy your enemies, oh Lord of the Universe. He is son of Murad, the son Mehmed, the son of Bayezid, the son of Murat, the son of Orhan, the son of Osman. Oh Allah, make the graves of the martyrs a fertile garden with pure water and shade, and bless them with Heaven. Amen, oh Lord of the Universe."

Cool huh?

That's so cool. I want one.
Original post by themorninglight

Cool huh?

I've held a few swords here and there. They're pretty heavy man. So heavy that you can even do some good bench presses with them :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I've held a few swords here and there. They're pretty heavy man. So heavy that you can even do some good bench presses with them :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I killed a mouse with one lol :biggrin:
Original post by HAnwar
I killed a mouse with one lol :biggrin:

:eek: you are lethal

If i ever see a mouse, i take cover and jump on the sofa

Posted from TSR Mobile
xxx

Always remind me of:

20:70to top

Sahih International
So the magicians fell down in prostration. They said, "We have believed in the Lord of Aaron and Moses."

20:71to top

Sahih International
[Pharaoh] said, "You believed him before I gave you permission. Indeed, he is your leader who has taught you magic. So I will surely cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides, and I will crucify you on the trunks of palm trees, and you will surely know which of us is more severe in [giving] punishment and more enduring."

20:72to top

Sahih International
They said, "Never will we prefer you over what has come to us of clear proofs and [over] He who created us. So decree whatever you are to decree. You can only decree for this worldly life.

:eek: you are lethal

If i ever see a mouse, i take cover and jump on the sofa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
Well somebody had to :tongue:
Excellent article:

What is Your Intention When you Read the
Qur'aan?

By Fawaz ibn Ali al-Madkhali

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

'An important question, what is your intention when you read the noble Qur'aan?

say:
" إنَّمَا الْأَعْمَالُ بِالنِّيَّاتِ، وَإِنَّمَا لِكُلِّ امْرِئٍ مَا نَوَى".
‘Indeed actions are but by intentions and every man shall have that which he intended.’
Collected by Bukhari and Muslim
Having a great regard for intentions was the transactions of the hearts of the Companions -Radhi Allaahu anhum- and those who about Allaah and the scholars who raise the people. Indeed they would perform one action and they would have many intentions for that action, so that they could gain great rewards for themselves with every intention.
Ibn Katheer -Rahimullaah- said:
النية أبلغ من العمل
'The intention is more profound than the action.[1]'
Here are some of the intentions which are good to have when reading the Noble Qur'aan:
1 - By reading the Qur'aan we ask Allaah that the Qur'aan intercedes for us.
The saying of the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam:
إقرأوا القرآن فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه
'Read the Qu'raan since indeed it will come on the Day of Judgement interceding for its companions.'
Collected by Muslim
2 - We make the intention so we gain increase in good reward.
The Messenger said:
من قرأ حرفا من كتاب الله فله به حسنة والحسنة بعشر أمثالها ...
'Whoever read a letter from the Book of Allaah then he will receive a reward for it and every good reward is multiplied by ten the like of it'[2]
3 - We regard reading the Qur'aan as a rescue from the Fire.
The Messenger of Allaah said:
"لو جمع القرآن في أهاب لم يحرقه الله بالنار"
'If the Qur'aan is gathered in a leather skin covering[3] then Allah will not burn it with fire.'
Authenticated by Albaani[4]
4 - We regard reading the Qur'aan as a foundation for the heart.
The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:
الرجل الذي ليس في جوفه شئ من القرآن كالبيت الخرب
'A man who does not have in his inside anything from the Qur'aan is like a house that has no furnishing.'
Collected by Tirmidhi[5]
5 - We regard reading the Qur'aan with the intention of acting upon every Ayaah we read so that we can acquire the highest levels in Paradise.
The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said :
يقال لقارئ القرآن اقرأ وارق ورتل كما كنت ترتل في الدنيا فإن منزلتك عند آخر آية تقرأها
'It will be said to the recitor of the Quraan, read and ascend [in Paradise] and recite like you used to recite in the Dunyaa, since indeed your place will be at the last Ayaah which you read.'
Collected by Abu Dawood & Tirmidhi[6]
6 - We regard reciting the Qur'aan as a cure for the sicknesses of our hearts and illnesses of our bodies and a means of mercy descending upon us.
Allaah Ta'ala said :
وننزل من القرآن ما هو شفاء ورحمة
《And We send down from the Qur'aan that which is a healing and a mercy》[Israa: 82]
7 - We regard reading the Qur'aan as a means for tranquility for our hearts.
Due to the saying of Allaah Ta'ala:
((ألا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب))
Verily, in the remembrance of Allaah do hearts find rest. [Rad:28]
8 - We regard reading the Qur'aan as a means of reviving our hearts, and Noor to our sight and distances our sadness and disappearance of our grief so the Qur'aan is like the season of spring for the believer just like a heavy rain pour is like the season of spring for the land.
Like the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said in his Dua':
'. . . . that You make the Qur'aan the life of my heart and light of my heart and keep away from me my sadness, and that my grief goes away.' Saheeh.[7]
9 - We regard reading the Qur'aan as a means for guidance.
Allaah Ta'ala said:
((ذلك الكتاب لا ريب فيه هدى للمتقين))
This is the Book (the Qur'aan), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqun [the pious and righteous][Baqara: 2]
In the Hadeeth Qudsi:
"ياعبادي كلكم ضال إلا من هديته فاستهدوني أهدكم"

Read on...
Article link :

https://followingthesunnah.wordpress.com/2015/01/11/what-is-your-intention-when-you-read-the-quraan/

Posted from TSR Mobile
rahmatullahi alayh.

He had heard the hadeeth of the one who open Constantinople for the muslims and he was inspired to be that person. He had a drive and a vision.

May the likes of him rise up in our ummah again, ameen!

Also just look at this https://www.facebook.com/onesolidummah/photos/a.608261712550047.1073741829.608236272552591/849063651803184/?type=1

Latest

Trending

Trending