The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FlareBlitz96
Wow, that's good. May I ask you what your courses yo have offers from

Thanks.
Biomedical Science
Salaam Everyone!

Lol I have not talked to everyone for was it 2 days, hmm I don't really remember.

How is everyone doing?

Peace out :biggrin:
Original post by ttaylor17
Khalid ibn Al Waleed... Sword of Allah... Greatest general of like ALL time... Liberator of Iraq, Shaam and God knows what other places...

Can I know who repped me here... Or does said person wanna remain anonymous
Original post by Ankabout
Walaikum assalam! :biggrin:

Hey, nice to see you back. :smile:

ANKAA!! so good to speak to you :biggrin:.

How have you been?

I was just about to leave again lol
Original post by kabuligirl
ANKAA!! so good to speak to you :biggrin:.

How have you been?

I was just about to leave again lol

I've been good. :biggrin: Inshallah I'm coming to UK for my graduation ceremony. Lol why?? You can post occasionally and still benefit from I-Soc.
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Salaam Everyone!

Lol I have not talked to everyone for was it 2 days, hmm I don't really remember.

How is everyone doing?

Peace out :biggrin:

Wonderful.... Peace to you too....

افشوا السلام واطعموا الطعام وصلوا الارحام وصلوا بالليل والناس نيام تدخلوا الجنة بسلام

Spread peace, feed food, mend relations, pray at night whilst people are sleeping, you will enter paradise with ease...

Pretty sure it's Buhkari... :-D

I thought it would be good to spread some sayings of our Prophet SAW

And this is my favourite... Has a really nice ring to it in Arabic
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Up quark
What's the point in rallying against values which are going to stand no matter what? It's been made clear that freedom of speech will stay.
Hate it in your heart and ignore the cartoons

Why can't you hate on the outside too? Surely protesting against hate/idiocy is part of freedom of speech? Or are Muslims not allowed that luxury?

Rallies are useless (most of the time in my view anyway) but at least they're peaceful yeah?

A rally about condeming acts of terror (or something of that nature) would have been far more beneficial as this would break stereotypes which a lot of people hold :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No matter what Muslims do (the Paris incident has been condemned plenty by Muslims and Islamic scholars... or do you see things selectively?), some people will always have their stereotypes so please...
(edited 9 years ago)
Denmark wants to Burn the Holy Quran on next Saturday in the large grounds in Copenhagen (capital city of Denmark ), in reply to the Islamic Boycott on their products. Please let's get together to boycott their products, and pray to Allah Almighty to show them the result of their intentions, which will be a lesson for the whole world. Forward this to as many friends as you can. Denmark is loosing, please don't let this msg stop.
Hope you all know about the Denmark newspaper which made fun of our beloved Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Aaleyhi Wasallam. The Danish Ambassador, Prime Minister and Denmark National Channel, all are trying to do something just to stop the boycott by Muslims since last month through which their losses have reached 4 billion Euros. If we continue to boycott Denmark products 7 months more it could reach around 80 billion Euros loss. Believers do not let this message stop. Please forward this text to as many Muslims as possible. Can't u spare 15 minutes in order to spread this message among Muslims? REMEMBER THE PROPHET Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam MIGHT ASK YOU ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT, “WHAT DID YOU DO WHEN THEY MADE FUN OF ME”? "HOW DID YOU DEFEND ME”? Any products with barcode no. starting with 57 are Danish made Products. Please cause all Muslims to circulate this to the Ummah and to ban Danish made products
(edited 9 years ago)
Ali Abu Talib (RA), the cousin of the prophet (saw) and the first male to accept Islam. Also, he was married to the prophet's daughter fatimah(RA).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Incredible97
Thanks.
Biomedical Science

Do you need like a*a*a* for cambridge
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Do you need like a*a*a* for cambridge

It ranges between A*'s and AAA
Original post by Tpos
Suggestion:

You know how "we should know more sahabah than celebrities" and all that? Let's try naming as many sahabah as we can and if you're able to a one or two sentences to say who they are too. And if someone repeats a sahabi's name they have to stop participating for a while then join in later. The purpose is to see how many sahabah we really do know and we can hopefully be encouraged to learn about a few more.

Abdurrahman bin Awf radiAllahu anhu, one of the 10 sahaba promised Jannah, one of the first 8 people to accept Islam, one of the 5 who entered Islam via the da’wah of Abu Bakr, he was an honest merchant, a hard worker and a wealthy man, who gave endlessly for the sake of Allah.

He was one of the few sahaba that ever led the Messenger of Allah salAllahu alayhi wa sallam in prayer... on the way to Tabuk, the sahaba chose him as their imam for the Fajr prayer, and after the first unit of prayer the Messenger of Allah came and joined the the prayer behind Abdul-Rahman bin Awf. SubhanAllah, what a honour!

Another amazing story of Abdurrahman bin Awf is when he made hijra to Madina,
a bond of brotherhood was to be made between him and Sa'eed ibn Rabi al Ansari, so Sa'eed came up to Abdurrahman and offered him half of his wealth and one of his wives.

Abdurrahman at this point was poor, unmarried and he had very little, yet he did not accept. He replied "May Allah bless you with your wives and wealth, could you please show me the way to the market." ...and off he went straight to the market to make a living for himself. And soon enough Abdurrahman bin Awf was married, and he became one of the wealthiest of companions, who fought and strove tirelessly in the path of Allah.

Abdurrahman bin Awf fought in every single battle alongside the Prophet sallAllahu alayhi wasalam and he was, of course, given glad tidings of Jannah. Amazing!
al-Mugheera Ibn Shu'ba. He was the Armour Bearer of Rasulullah.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ttaylor17
I study in Darul Uloom Bury, and I am honoured to be taught by the world known Sheikh Abdul Rahim... And he has warned us to be cautious of Dr. Zakir Naik... Who isn't a scholar not is he a Hafiz... He says that he is good at debating with other religions... But when it comes to matters of Islam and laws... You should be cautious...

There are videos on YouTube where he talks about this... Check them out

Salaams... Remember me in your duas inshaAllah

Shaykh Abdul Raheem Limbada (hafidhahullah)?
Hazrat Bilal (RA) - need I say more SubhanAllah. Black slave who was tortured a lot for accepting Islam. Placed on burning hot sand with a massive rock on his chest yet all he said was 'Ahad, Ahad' (Allah is one). Eventually freed by Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA). Allah increased his ranks immensely! The first muezzin (caller to prayer)

Hazrat Anas bin Malik (RA) - child sahaba. His mother told the Prophet (SAW) to make him his helper for anything. The Prophet (SAW) made four special du'as for him of which he witnessed three (wealth, lots of children, long life) getting accepted in his lifetime and believed Allah would accept the fourth (to forgive all his sins) too.
Dihyah ibn Khalifah al-Kalbi. When Jibreel (Alayhis salaam) would take the shape of a man he would resemble this handsome sahaabi. I thought that was cool when i first heard it.
Aaah Thanks Azizam!! :biggrin:
Sixth form is good alhamdullilah, but its kind of stressful aswell tbh.
Yep I've got 3 offers from Cambridge, Keele and Birmingham.
How is studies? How is college?

Nooo, Birmingham is Haraam! Say Birming. :colone:

Anyway congratulations on Cambridge! :smile:
Original post by Ankabout
Nooo, Birmingham is Haraam! Say Birming. :colone:

Anyway congratulations on Cambridge! :smile:

Loool! :biggrin:
Thanks Sis! :smile:
Original post by K1NG93
They guy said that cricket is haram. I don't really take him seriously although I do occasionally watch his lectures on comparative religion. He is good at that.

Awww, I remember you used to like Zakir Naik. Yeah he's pretty strict but sometimes his lectures are nice.

Assaalam waliakum,

Please check the authenticity of your sources always........something very similar from 2009
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?211379-The-Holy-Quran-will-be-burned-next-Sat-in-Denmark!

Latest

Trending

Trending