The Student Room Group

University follows on Twitter?

Hey!
So today I've logged onto an blog Twitter account that I talked about in my personal statement to find that my top choice uni has followed it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm still waiting on an offer so would like to see if anyone else has been in this position?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EDea84
Hey!
So today I've logged onto an blog Twitter account that I talked about in my personal statement to find that my top choice uni has followed it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm still waiting on an offer so would like to see if anyone else has been in this position?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Twitter and fb accounts are run by marketing staff. They'll often search for mentions of their uni name and follow any accounts that mention it hoping that they'll get followed back. Then they can say to management that they have xthpusand followers/likes to justify their jobs.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Twitter and fb accounts are run by marketing staff. They'll often search for mentions of their uni name and follow any accounts that mention it hoping that they'll get followed back. Then they can say to management that they have xthpusand followers/likes to justify their jobs.

Ah gotcha, cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending