The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

I have an unconditional offer for HSPS at Kings, I am due to start in October! Has anyone else only received the letter and e-mail and not heard from UCAS yet? Starting to panic in case they made a mistake! When they say they want copies of my certificates and information provided on my SAQ, where can I get an official copy of my UMS scores?
Original post by CamKings2015
I have an unconditional offer for HSPS at Kings, I am due to start in October! Has anyone else only received the letter and e-mail and not heard from UCAS yet? Starting to panic in case they made a mistake! When they say they want copies of my certificates and information provided on my SAQ, where can I get an official copy of my UMS scores?

From your school and or certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlfieD
Ok so in my personal statement I said I was planning to do an EPQ this year. Due to stuff at college and just generally not having a lot of time this may no longer be possible. It wasn't a condition of my offer, but should I still let Cambridge know I may not be able to do it? As I said it wasn't a part of my offer and I didn't put it down as a pending qualification on UCAS. Thanks in advance :smile:

If you didn't put it on UCAS or the SAQ, then I don't think it's a problem as you never officially said you were doing it. You might want to email them though, on the chance I'm wrong though.
Original post by AlfieD
Ok so in my personal statement I said I was planning to do an EPQ this year. Due to stuff at college and just generally not having a lot of time this may no longer be possible. It wasn't a condition of my offer, but should I still let Cambridge know I may not be able to do it? As I said it wasn't a part of my offer and I didn't put it down as a pending qualification on UCAS. Thanks in advance :smile:

I would email! They can be quite accommodating because they even let me drop one of my A2 subjects so I have more time for STEP

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been exposed on Facebook :O hhahah
Hey I have an offer from St. Johns. Do you know whether we have to reply to both the college AND UCAS??? Because I thought all you had to do was just respond on UCAS. Do I have to reply to the college directly too??
Reply 846
Original post by subject1
Hey I have an offer from St. Johns. Do you know whether we have to reply to both the college AND UCAS??? Because I thought all you had to do was just respond on UCAS. Do I have to reply to the college directly too??

Churchill have given me a form that I have to return to them soon, and I think St. Catz have something similar (heard from a friend).
Reply 847
I have a conditional offer for HSPS at King's, starting October 2015.
I've not heard from UCAS yet either, but they say on the offer holders' page that it will be by the end of January, so no panic yet :h:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4QcrUQNr-k&feature=youtu.be

Sorry to anyone who has an offer from Girton, but this is sick.
Original post by DomStaff

This is gold.

Posted from TSR Mobile
T.v.

I love this XD
Couldn't stop watching it after I got my offer there.

Omg that was hilarious.

The only mention of my college was to say "at least at Homerton there are loads of hot girls" hahahaha.

Ha. But no mention of Churchill...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aworldalone
Omg that was hilarious.

The only mention of my college was to say "at least at Homerton there are loads of hot girls" hahahaha.

"I have to walk past Murray Edwards on my way back"

:rofl:
Reply 854
Original post by jneill
Ha. But no mention of Churchill...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, that's a real missed opportunity. Some rivalry going on there with Hitler n churchill coulda been interesting. Still, nothing to criticise about Churchill, it's clearly the best college :biggrin:
So this is a really stupid question but I'm genuinely worried:

Is there any possibility whatsoever that my offer will change (ie will be withdrawn or the conditions changed) between now and end of March if I only firm it then?

I really want to firm it as soon as possible but I have to sort some stuff out first for my insurance choice...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I join the Christ's offer holders Facebook page?
Original post by aersh8

Is there any possibility whatsoever that my offer will change (ie will be withdrawn or the conditions changed) between now and end of March if I only firm it then?

I really want to firm it as soon as possible but I have to sort some stuff out first for my insurance choice...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're ok to leave confirming your choices anytime up to the UCAS deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 858
Original post by aersh8

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't change it don't worry!
Original post by jneill
Your ok to leave confirming your choices anytime up to the UCAS deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is the deadline? May?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending