The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Lol i was literally gona die that morning. I tried to sleep for 24 hours straight and it didnt work lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeez... hope it was worth all the stress in the end :smile:
Original post by EHZ17
How did mocks go for everyone?

They were okay. Got a couple of A*s in History and Philosophy, an A in English though. Not too worried! How about you?

Original post by ILovePancakes
I've only heard from Cambridge and Durham -_- .

It's just getting rude now.

Durham haven't responded to me yet :frown:
Original post by stardude8
Jeez... hope it was worth all the stress in the end :smile:

It was 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mini-Me
Anyone else waiting for another university to respond so they can firm Cambridge?

I'm stuck waiting for Durham and their response doesn't even matter to me now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in a similar situation to you. I think you can just call UCAS and get them to withdraw the Universities that are yet to make you a decision, assuming your 1st choice has made you an offer. Maybe this doesn't apply if you have a conditional offer though, it is a bit risky but surely that's up to the applicant........I would let Durham know anyway that you do not intend to accept an offer even if they make one, and they should just withdraw your application. It's what I did with Imperial.
Is there actually any benefit in firming offers now? I have all five offers (Cambridge was my final one) but I was planning on waiting until after I visit Bristol at the end of February so I can make a more informed choice about my insurance... will this make any difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomfailinghelp
They were okay. Got a couple of A*s in History and Philosophy, an A in English though. Not too worried! How about you?

Durham haven't responded to me yet :frown:

A*A*AA :/ (guess an A* in Econ)

You have Cam tho! I haven't heard from Warwick
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol i was literally gona die that morning. I tried to sleep for 24 hours straight and it didnt work lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was surprisingly calm. What did you do straight after you saw your acceptance?

I was in my room on my own and my parents were waiting outside, I came out and said 'offer' and nothing else then went for a 2 hour walk
Original post by bethanyyyy
Is there actually any benefit in firming offers now? I have all five offers (Cambridge was my final one) but I was planning on waiting until after I visit Bristol at the end of February so I can make a more informed choice about my insurance... will this make any difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put my choices on UCAS last week but am kind of thinking I should have waited since I just found out that UCL doesn't provide accommodation if you insure them, although that might be the case with other universities too. Otherwise if you are absolutely sure (like I was) there's no reason why you shouldn't - it actually helped me relax seeing as even if Camb realised my offer was a mistake they wouldn't be able to take it away from me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mathsmusician
I'm in a similar situation to you. I think you can just call UCAS and get them to withdraw the Universities that are yet to make you a decision, assuming your 1st choice has made you an offer. Maybe this doesn't apply if you have a conditional offer though, it is a bit risky but surely that's up to the applicant........I would let Durham know anyway that you do not intend to accept an offer even if they make one, and they should just withdraw your application. It's what I did with Imperial.

Isn't there a "withdraw from choice" button on UCAS Track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
I was surprisingly calm. What did you do straight after you saw your acceptance?

I was in my room on my own and my parents were waiting outside, I came out and said 'offer' and nothing else then went for a 2 hour walk

Lol 2 hour walk 😂. I looked at letter it was small and i was like 😤 but i saw my name on the front and didnt open it but i looked through the gap on the front and i seen 'delighted' and i started shouting and then i fell over. Went into the kiving room and started swearing in enjoyment at my dad haha. You can say i was happy. Chilled with my mates that night. Honestly for a day i felt like i broke the speed of light.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol 2 hour walk 😂. I looked at letter it was small and i was like 😤 but i saw my name on the front and didnt open it but i looked through the gap on the front and i seen 'delighted' and i started shouting and then i fell over. Went into the kiving room and started swearing in enjoyment at my dad haha. You can say i was happy. Chilled with my mates that night. Honestly for a day i felt like i broke the speed of light.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cheating haha - I opened the envelope and there were so many other documents and I thought that there wasn't an offer letter so I begun to panic. Then my parents and I started searching through the documents, not being able to find anything- then they looked in the envelope and there it was a big 'congratulations' :smile:, after having spent what felt like an age trying to find a document with something important on it:angry: That whole day just felt weird(in a good way) after that point, I get the 'broke the speed of light' feeling yeah :smile:
Lol 2 hour walk ������. I looked at letter it was small and i was like ������ but i saw my name on the front and didnt open it but i looked through the gap on the front and i seen 'delighted' and i started shouting and then i fell over. Went into the kiving room and started swearing in enjoyment at my dad haha. You can say i was happy. Chilled with my mates that night. Honestly for a day i felt like i broke the speed of light.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah sounds good, happy for you.

It's hard to think that it's just a University but no other Universities prompts that reaction. I had an offer from LSE a few weeks before and my parents were happy for me but when Cambridge came along it was entirely different. It was like a stunned happiness.

What is your offer and college again?
Original post by EHZ17
Hahah sounds good, happy for you.

It's hard to think that it's just a University but no other Universities prompts that reaction. I had an offer from LSE a few weeks before and my parents were happy for me but when Cambridge came along it was entirely different. It was like a stunned happiness.

What is your offer and college again?

Fitzwilliam maths. A*A*A in maths fm and physics with grade 1 in STEP II III.
The happiness was short lived after i realised i need to sit STEP 3 haha. I shall enjoy the preperation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fitzwilliam maths. A*A*A in maths fm and physics with grade 1 in STEP II III.
The happiness was short lived after i realised i need to sit STEP 3 haha. I shall enjoy the preperation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is that by? I could barely do a step I haha
Original post by EHZ17
When is that by? I could barely do a step I haha

I sit them with my a levels in june. Got like 14 exams this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you get in you really deserve to get in!

I have like 9. My offer seems so generous compared to yours!

I also hate when I see people at Oxford with AAA offers haha
Original post by EHZ17
A*A*AA :/ (guess an A* in Econ)

You have Cam tho! I haven't heard from Warwick

Well done dude! :smile:

Yeah I guess. I'm not really interested in any of my choices other than Cambridge anyway so that's what is most important. Still, feeling a little unwanted :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you sit it at your school or do you have to register separately?
18 exams here :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Do you sit it at your school or do you have to register separately?
18 exams here :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sit at school. Cause my school is a center as other people have done it before and are registered with ocr. Damn im sure u will be fine though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sit at school. Cause my school is a center as other people have done it before and are registered with ocr. Damn im sure u will be fine though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, at least that's one worry less! Hopefully :smile: good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending