The Student Room Group

Do I have a high sex drive?

Hi guys!

I'm a 23 year old virgin and, although I get approached very often, I'm saving myself for marriage so I politely decline.

However, I do masturbate a lot but I always thought it was normal until recently when I started to wonder if I have got a high sex drive. So I usually skip the week I have my period, of course but every other week of the month I do it at least 3 times a week.

Do any other females do it as often or do it less or think it's too much?

I don't see it as a problem really. And I usually get very frustrated if I don't do it. It gets to the point where I cannot do anything until I do it because I just won't stop thinking about it. I think the longest I can be without it is about a week. Am I addicted?

Guys, how often can your girlfriend or could your ex have gone without sex?

Scroll to see replies

Why are you bothered???

Just do whatever makes you most happy. So long as you are not hurting others (or yourself) don't care about their opinions.
HAVE SEX! I had sex everyday with my boyfriend any chance we got. It's been over a year now and we've settled down, we have sex maybe 1s every week or 2 and it feels more "meaning-ful" now and it's ALOT better. Guess just had to full-fill that "drive" lol its just hormones and it'l settle down eventually.

I'm 19 by the way
3 times a week is not a lot. I know for a fact my boyfriend does it twice a day every day.
Reply 4
3-7 times a week seems pretty normal.
As a single dude, it's 5/6 times a week, so not by my standards you don't. That said, if I'm anticipating action I'll take a break - it leads to better performance. A lot of girls deny that they masturbate and whether that's because they don't want to be labelled 'sluts' by society for enjoying orgasms (?? isn't that their purpose ??), or they genuinely don't is up for speculation. Of the girls who I know masturbate, 2-3 times per week seems to be pretty normal. Not that high sex drive is a problem.
I **** or have sex everyday.
You one horny rabbit. Then again I do it daily, sometimes twice. I can't bloody help it. It's like when cavemen discovered fire, they couldn't help but set everything they could on fire because it was so awesome :biggrin:
I'm a woman, I honestly can do it twice a day or more sometimes if I have time... I just need release. It's like a stress reliever, I don't drink or smoke so I guess it's just another way to relieve stress and it feels good.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a woman, I honestly can do it twice a day or more sometimes if I have time... I just need release. It's like a stress reliever, I don't drink or smoke so I guess it's just another way to relieve stress and it feels good.

Right? I love it.

Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
HAVE SEX! I had sex everyday with my boyfriend any chance we got. It's been over a year now and we've settled down, we have sex maybe 1s every week or 2 and it feels more "meaning-ful" now and it's ALOT better. Guess just had to full-fill that "drive" lol its just hormones and it'l settle down eventually.

I'm 19 by the way

I think having sex is very intimate. I couldn't do it with someone who could just leave, you know? I don't think I would be able to share the sexual experience with someone I was only seeing or was just a boyfriend. I get very attached.

Original post by marco14196
You one horny rabbit. Then again I do it daily, sometimes twice. I can't bloody help it. It's like when cavemen discovered fire, they couldn't help but set everything they could on fire because it was so awesome :biggrin:

LOL. I do feel like one sometimes.
3 times a week is not a lot. I know for a fact my boyfriend does it twice a day every day.

Does he have a big one, cos apparently masturbating too much stunts its growth.
Me and boyfriend have sex whenever we get the chance which is multiple times a week so yeah don't worry its totally normal
For a woman your sex drive is quite high. Generally females masterbate once-3 times a month so you doing the same period in a week is substantially higher than a normal woman but nevertheless not damaging or dangerous.
I cum when I do concentration curls. It's terrific, right?
For a woman your sex drive is quite high. Generally females masterbate once-3 times a month so you doing the same period in a week is substantially higher than a normal woman but nevertheless not damaging or dangerous.

The women you cite as 'normal' are either lying or scared of labelled as 'sluts' or 'unusually horny' or some **** like that. Trust me, chicks have just as high a sex drive as dudes. :sexface:
I'm 22 and a virgin too. I have a very high libido, which can be frustrating at times. :frown: so I know how you feel OP.

And I was with someone for over 7 years and we satisfied one another (well he tried to) and he respected my views on saving myself for after marriage. We had amazing moments together when we were intimate. You just have to be patient, communicate well and have a connection.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by macromicro
You know, it's typical to be very attached and intimate with someone who you love and/or plan to marry, right? People don't just get married and then become attached and intimate. And being married doesn't mean you can't leave! Maybe you haven't seen the divorce rates - they're not pretty. I feel for people who have been brainwashed into believing this view of no sex before marriage, which is just rooted in religious dogma. It produces these sexually frustrated and sexually paranoid people.

Anyway, three times a week is not that much, it's about every other night. It's very normal for 18-25 year-olds.

its like 50% right? With arranged marriages having higher unhappiness and divorce than any other.
my sex drive is ridiculously high. like sometimes i have a midday session when the urge sets in. It gets really bad in the holidays when I'm alone and kinda lonely. I'll masturbate sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row just because it feels so goood
Original post by macromicro
You know, it's typical to be very attached and intimate with someone who you love and/or plan to marry, right? People don't just get married and then become attached and intimate. And being married doesn't mean you can't leave! Maybe you haven't seen the divorce rates - they're not pretty. I feel for people who have been brainwashed into believing this view of no sex before marriage, which is just rooted in religious dogma. It produces these sexually frustrated and sexually paranoid people.

Anyway, three times a week is not that much, it's about every other night. It's very normal for 18-25 year-olds.

I get where you're coming from but I just feel like it's worth to wait for someone who has the same views on marriage and saving ourselves. It's kind of hard to explain it to atheists but I hope you can kind of see where I'm coming from.

Original post by germanium
I'm 22 and a virgin too. I have a very high libido, which can be frustrating at times. :frown: so I know how you feel OP.

And I was with someone for over 7 years and we satisfied one another (well he tried to) and he respected my views on saving myself for after marriage. We had amazing moments together when we were intimate. You just have to be patient, communicate well and have a connection.

Well I had a boyfriend once and it just didn't feel right to do it with him, for some reason. He ended up dumping me because of it but I don't feel bad about it. We did oral stuff though.
Meh, I'd rather wait.

Original post by Gott
You are making the male virgins here even more frustrated

Sorry :tongue:

Says the penis and balls...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending