The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
I haven't. I don't plan to read any of Shah Waliullah's books in English. The shaykh is a Legend subhanAllah.

I'd really love to study his Hujjatul Baaligha

:yy:
وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge.
[Quran 6:108]

Spoiler

Spoiler

الْمُجَاهِدُ مَنْ جَاهَدَ نَفْسَهُ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ

The one who strives in the way of Allah the Exalted is he who strives against his soul.
Source: Musnad Ahmad 23445, Grade:
Sahih

Sheikh Al-Mubarakpuri comments on this tradition, saying:

أَيْ قَهَرَ نَفْسَهُ الْأَمَّارَةَ بِالسُّوءِ عَلَى مَا فِيهِ رِضَا اللَّهِ مِنْ فِعْلِ الطَّاعَةِ وَتَجَنُّبِ الْمَعْصِيَةِ ، وَجِهَادُهَا أَصْلُ كُلِّ جِهَادٍ فَإِنَّهُ مَا لَمْ يُجَاهِدْهَا لَمْ يُمْكِنْهُ جِهَادُ الْعَدُوِّ الْخَارِجِ

This means he conquers evil inclinations within himself and performs acts of obedience pleasing to Allah and he avoids acts of disobedience. This jihad is the foundation for all other types of jihad, for indeed, if he does not perform this struggle then he cannot struggle against external enemies.
Source: Sharh Sunan At-Tirmidhi 1621

Original post by 5n(12-2n)
May Allah, the most Merciful, the most Graceful, grant him Shifa (cure) from all type of diseases and illnesses. Tell her don't stress too much, even thought she is facing a lot of problems/difficulties.

Original post by The_K1NG
May Allah swt give her father health and give Yalda and her family sabr.

Ameen.
JZK I'll let her know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AsalamuAlaikum,

Over time ive created and read many threads in order to understand what mistakes or moral issues people see in Islam. Some thread examples are [1] [2]

A while back I created a blogspot [3] .

Now ive created a website www.quran-errors.com

So I was just wondering brothers and sisters what topics and issues you struggle with most - so that I can create a list of these issues for me to write on. This can include claims of mistakes, contradictions, moral questions etc

Jazak Allahu Khairan.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
AsalamuAlaikum,

Over time ive created and read many threads in order to understand what mistakes or moral issues people see in Islam. Some thread examples are [1] [2]

So I was just wondering brothers and sisters what topics and issues you struggle with most - so that I can create a list of these issues for me to write on. This can include claims of mistakes, contradictions, moral questions etc

Jazak Allahu Khairan.

Wa alaikuk assalaam bro tmg

Mountains as pegs

Space jinn and their predictability

Embryology where it got the flesh and bones in the wrong order

The quran challenge and its subjectivity

Man made from clay

Posted from TSR Mobile

How muslims treat Madeline Albright, the woman who said that it was worth killing 500,000 Iraqi children during the 10 years of Iraqi sanctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8&feature=youtu.be

Pictures like this are just disgraceful, goodluck answering Allah about that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
AsalamuAlaikum,

Jazak Allahu Khairan.

Peace be with you,

Brother, i recommend you on your attempt to really read into peoples criticisms of the Quran, as well as responses already done, and then look at counter responses, and responses to those counter responses.

The Quran contains no contradictions or scientific errors - until you start bringing about the hadith. I recommend as much as possible only focusing on the Quran and nothing more, as all muslims agree on that.

The theory of evolution is an interesting topic. The only challenge i hear is 'human' evolution and Islam. I would not dismiss human evolution, but simply do research on it first. It is important to examine their claims rather than dismiss them.

But yes, there is no contradiction at all in the Quran nor 'error'.

I.E ALAQAH can be explained i.e primordial cardiovascular system, stasis of blood, or a 'clinging' substance(implantation of blastocyst) etc. It does not say 'curdled blood' or 'curdled menstrual blood'. We don't even find this in hadith. I fail to see any clear helenic link.
‘Amr ibn Qays said: “Beautiful patience means to be content with adversity and to surrender to the will of Allâh.”
[Iddat as-Saabireen]
Original post by ash92:)
:yy:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife

How muslims treat Madeline Albright, the woman who said that it was worth killing 500,000 Iraqi children during the 10 years of Iraqi sanctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8&feature=youtu.be

Pictures like this are just disgraceful, goodluck answering Allah about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes,I remember that infamous statement.Coldest thing I ever heard.
Original post by soulja of allah

:eek:

I didnt write that :confused:

Brother ash, have you been editing my post without my consent :hmmm:

Your mod powers are pretty cool, i must admit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick question:
Pashtuns and Hazaras are both ethnicities, can they be called "races" as well?
[video="youtube;Y14xS_4BzJw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y14xS_4BzJw[/video]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, shouldn't you be revising for your a-levels? I think it's time for you to bid farewell and retire from trolling TSR :yes:
[h="3"]Sermon 38 - Doubt is called doubt because ...[/h][h="3"][/h]
About naming of doubt as such and disparagement of those in doubt
Doubt is named doubt because it resembles truth. As for lovers of Allah, their conviction serves them as light and the direction of the right path (itself) serves as their guide; while the enemies of Allah, in time of doubt call to misguidance in the darkness of doubt and their guide is blindness (of intelligence). One who fears death cannot escape it nor can one who fears for eternal life secure it.
http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/Nahjul-Balagha-Sermons/nahjul-balagha-sermon-38.html

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Lol, shouldn't you be revising for your a-levels? I think it's time for you to bid farewell and retire from trolling TSR :yes:

I have started revising for the 6 exams which i am going to retake

However, i really cant be bothered with the exams now that i have an unconditional offer. :smug:

I guess i might as well give them a good shot since i coughed up quite a bit of money for the retakes :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The following Sermon by Imam Ali a.s (reportedly) is so sublime. To the non-muslim or muslim, these sermons and letters and sayings were compiled around 300 years after Muhammed pbuh , and the chains of many of the sermons can be found in other texts with the Sanads and traced in both shia and sunni books.

The words are so eloquent i could not have expressed it better:

Sermon 49 - Praise belongs to God, Who knows the inside ...

About Allah's greatness and sublimity
Praise be to Allah Who lies inside all hidden things, and towards Whom all open things guide. He cannot be seen by the eye of an onlooker, but the eye which does not see Him cannot deny Him while the mind that proves His existence cannot perceive Him. He is so high in sublimity that nothing can be more sublime than He, while in nearness, He is so near that no one can be nearer than He. But his sublimity does not put Him at a distance from anything of His creation, nor does His nearness bring them on equal level to Him. He has not informed (human) wit about the limits of His qualities. Nevertheless, He has not prevented it from securing essential knowledge of Him. So he is such that all signs of existence stand witness for Him till the denying mind also believes in Him. Allah is sublime beyond what is described by those who liken Him to things or those who deny Him.

http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/Nahjul-Balagha-Sermons/nahjul-balagha-sermon-49.html
Original post by I Procrastinate
Quick question:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No,they would still be classified as Caucasian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a moderation query, so please refer to the comment I put :smile:

Original post by I Procrastinate
Quick question:

A question in the ISOC thread? :indiff:

Latest

Trending

Trending