The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neostigmine
What is the question?

Worth mentioning that any vaccinations you're missing they will give you when you arrive. They threaten us with charges for these but no one seems to ever get charged. Theforms are checklists so they know what to give you :yes:

Thank you! I'll call them tomorrow to confirm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LittleDonkey
Awesome! Congrats!! What date was your interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interview on feb 13th and offer today at 18:19 on track- it's so weird, I thought they were doing it in date order haha but I'm over the moon! Best of luck to everyone with their applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 602
Offer!! So happy. I've had 3 interviews and not heard a thing (2 of them in December) and have been feeling so so anxious. I was meant to be 29th of Jan but weather meant I was interviewed early Feb instead. AAA offer for BM5 course. Offer came in at 7:30 on track.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Whenn will they send out grad BM5 offers :'( just want to know now!
Reply 604
Original post by ceciafb
Whenn will they send out grad BM5 offers :'( just want to know now!

Since we were the last ones interviewed they will probably work their way through all the school leavers first then move on to us. Although I'm secretly hoping that since someone interviewed on the 13th feb got an offer today that we will hear very soon....impossible to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doc2be
Since we were the last ones interviewed they will probably work their way through all the school leavers first then move on to us. Although I'm secretly hoping that since someone interviewed on the 13th feb got an offer today that we will hear very soon....impossible to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's frustrating for those of us grads interviewed on the 13th as we have had that extra wait, but I imagine they'll have had to look over all the grad scores, including the 27th, before sending some offers..suuuch a long wait!
Any mature-non graduates heard back? Since ours was the very first interview date would think there would be someone with offers.

Although if this process has taught me anything it's that med school admission departments are as unpredictable and illogical as a drunk toddler.
Reply 607
Original post by ceciafb
Yeah it's frustrating for those of us grads interviewed on the 13th as we have had that extra wait, but I imagine they'll have had to look over all the grad scores, including the 27th, before sending some offers..suuuch a long wait!

Yeah anno the feeling! Southampton is at the bottom of my worry pile cause it was my most recent interview - still haven't heard back from interviews I had in December/jan and the wait is exhausting!!!

Cause there are so few head places they will wait til they have looked at everyone's interview performance - on the plus side we will probably all here more or less at once cause there is s lesser number of us to analyse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1
Offer!! So happy. I've had 3 interviews and not heard a thing (2 of them in December) and have been feeling so so anxious. I was meant to be 29th of Jan but weather meant I was interviewed early Feb instead. AAA offer for BM5 course. Offer came in at 7:30 on track.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Is there an offer holder page? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 609
Original post by summy96
Congrats! Is there an offer holder page? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Have no idea tbh, I'm also wondering if there are any applicant visit days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1
Thanks! Have no idea tbh, I'm also wondering if there are any applicant visit days

Posted from TSR Mobile

:no: Unfortunately not.
Do we know how many grads are being offered places this year? Since more were interviewed?
Original post by Grad1202
Do we know how many grads are being offered places this year? Since more were interviewed?

I asked on my interview day, and they said around 20 places, and they were interviewing around 150..... 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
I asked on my interview day, and they said around 20 places, and they were interviewing around 150..... 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

So about a 1 in 10 chance... Great!
Original post by Grad1202
So about a 1 in 10 chance... Great!

Well I assume they make more than 20 offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I assume they make more than 20 offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guy I spoke to on the interview day said around 30? I could be wrong. so a 1in 5? Pretty standard odds
Offer! Grad applicant to a100!
Offer to A100, grad, interview 13th Feb!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats, was that direct or on track?
Track

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending