The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Firmers?

Scroll to see replies

anyone else firmed cavendish hall for accommodation?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by EMassey
Probably a plus. The older halls generally have the plus options but that is by no means a guarantee.

Fair enough, thanks!

Do you know if you can only randomly reallocate once if you don't like the hall you get?
Original post by Tibbz2
Fair enough, thanks!

Do you know if you can only randomly reallocate once if you don't like the hall you get?

If you are unhappy, you can ask to be switched but then you must stick with whatever they give you next.
I got given Ancaster Hall is that any good?
Anyone know anything about Lincoln?
Original post by EMassey
If you are unhappy, you can ask to be switched but then you must stick with whatever they give you next.

Ah right.

You seem to be a hive of great info :tongue: Would you recommend any particular halls or any to change from if I get them?

Thanks, I promise I'll stop bugging you now :tongue:
Original post by Tibbz2
Ah right.

You seem to be a hive of great info :tongue: Would you recommend any particular halls or any to change from if I get them?

Thanks, I promise I'll stop bugging you now :tongue:

Haha thanks, although it's technically my job when I'm in uni which is why I know so much :P

To be honest, any hall that you end up in you will love. You will defend it against all others for the entirety of your degree even if others think it was a bit rubbish. Either way, you don't spend all that much time necessarily in your hall apart from meals and sleeping, there's plenty of places to go on campus.

Generally speaking (and this is in no way me choosing particular halls), people tend to prefer the older halls (Hu Stu, Cripps, Lenton & Wortley, Lincoln and Derby). They are more aesthetically pleasing overall and slightly more centrally located but the rooms types themselves don't vary all that much across the campus. There are no 'bad' halls, just less preferred ones and the other halls are by no means bad. They're newer purpose built accommodation that is mostly en suite, it's easy access to the gym and they have a range of cafe and bar type facilities nearby.

However my heart will always belong to Cripps (and it is the best hall)...... :wink:

Do feel free to ask any other question that you have, it is technically my job and I'd rather you ask than be left wondering!
Original post by EMassey
Haha thanks, although it's technically my job when I'm in uni which is why I know so much :P

To be honest, any hall that you end up in you will love. You will defend it against all others for the entirety of your degree even if others think it was a bit rubbish. Either way, you don't spend all that much time necessarily in your hall apart from meals and sleeping, there's plenty of places to go on campus.

Generally speaking (and this is in no way me choosing particular halls), people tend to prefer the older halls (Hu Stu, Cripps, Lenton & Wortley, Lincoln and Derby). They are more aesthetically pleasing overall and slightly more centrally located but the rooms types themselves don't vary all that much across the campus. There are no 'bad' halls, just less preferred ones and the other halls are by no means bad. They're newer purpose built accommodation that is mostly en suite, it's easy access to the gym and they have a range of cafe and bar type facilities nearby.

However my heart will always belong to Cripps (and it is the best hall)...... :wink:

Do feel free to ask any other question that you have, it is technically my job and I'd rather you ask than be left wondering!

That's good to hear, thanks! :smile:

I'm hoping for Cripps because it's closest to physics :biggrin:
I'm firming for physics! :awesome:

Original post by RavenclawPolly

Apparently Lincoln is really nice :smile:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
I'm firming for physics! :awesome:

Apparently Lincoln is really nice :smile:

Bro, add me on FB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Bro, add me on FB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM your name and I'll add you :smile:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
PM your name and I'll add you :smile:

Done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RavenclawPolly

The student giving us a tour of the accommodation today on my UCAS applicant day said she was in Lincoln in her first year, and that it was really nice. :smile:

I'm pretty sure there's a video of Lincoln on the accommodation pages on the uni website.
(edited 9 years ago)
Also, firmed Nottingham as soon as I got home from said UCAS applicant day today. :3 Not sure how long I have to wait until I can apply for accommodation!
Original post by carlaraptor
Also, firmed Nottingham as soon as I got home from said UCAS applicant day today. :3 Not sure how long I have to wait until I can apply for accommodation!

I firmed whilst at school, and then got home and applied for it. You don't need to wait for them to email you, just go to:

https://accommodation.nottingham.ac.uk/default_all.asp

Then log in with your UCAS ID and date of birth (eg 12jun96)
Original post by Blodyn
Firmed Nottingham for American & Canadian Studies last month and applied for shared en-suite University Park today :smile:

I'm doing the same course as you and applied for the same accomodation! Haha see you there 😄
firmed law and got cripps :P
I've got an offer from Ancaster Hall for accommodation, is it any good?
Original post by roskywalker
I've got an offer from Ancaster Hall for accommodation, is it any good?

Apparently although i haven't seen it for myself, got the offer this week aswell :smile:
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Apparently although i haven't seen it for myself, got the offer this week aswell :smile:

Neither have I! I've been looking all over for more information before I confirm it but couldn't seem to find much, sadly. What type of room have you applied for? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending