The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BVN
How come you can drop stuff now? I wanted to drop one of mine that's not in my offer and my school said that I couldn't since it would show up as an X on my report or something? I'll probably ask them again cause I really don't want to do it... :/

Not sure what you're school is talking about lol, it's your choice if you want to drop a subject, just make sure you get it sorted before it's too close to the exams.

I would email UCAS and your admissions tutor though, to notify them that you're dropping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BVN
How come you can drop stuff now? I wanted to drop one of mine that's not in my offer and my school said that I couldn't since it would show up as an X on my report or something? I'll probably ask them again cause I really don't want to do it... :/

It would be a whole palava but I'd be allowed to in the end. It would only show up as an X if you didn't notify the exam boards and failed to turn up to the exam?
Def possible my friend dropped her 4th subject just last week
Which subject are you wanting to drop? :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Chrome won't let me open it :lol: it's unsafe

I know it's possible and people do it, was j wondering how likely, but it seems it's easy enough to do

Yeah Christ's certificate has a problem on mobile but seems ok on desktop... lol. Click advanced and you can override it. BTW the DoS interviewed my son - he said he was a nice chap :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1683
Original post by cerlohee
It would be a whole palava but I'd be allowed to in the end. It would only show up as an X if you didn't notify the exam boards and failed to turn up to the exam?
Def possible my friend dropped her 4th subject just last week
Which subject are you wanting to drop? :smile:

Thanks, I'll try to talk to the exams officer about it. Spanish, it's my native language (I live in Spain) and our school kinda forces us to do it, but I really don't want to prepare the oral debate thingy and the written is on the same day as my chemistry exam, so I'll probably get stressed about it xD
Original post by BVN
Thanks, I'll try to talk to the exams officer about it. Spanish, it's my native language (I live in Spain) and our school kinda forces us to do it, but I really don't want to prepare the oral debate thingy and the written is on the same day as my chemistry exam, so I'll probably get stressed about it xD

U could just not revise and not turn up for the exam, what can they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
U could just not revise and not turn up for the exam, what can they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is very bad practice.

Even if your offer doesn't specify a subject and you could still meet the requirements without doing it, if you said you were doing a subject and then don't you have technically changed the information on which your offer was made.

Always check with the admissions tutors beforehand, most of the time they're very accommodating.
Original post by Lucilou101
This is very bad practice.

Even if your offer doesn't specify a subject and you could still meet the requirements without doing it, if you said you were doing a subject and then don't you have technically changed the information on which your offer was made.

Always check with the admissions tutors beforehand, most of the time they're very accommodating.

They still get an A level in it. But they would still get a cashed in grade just be awarded with a grade U or E/D if they did well at AS. I dropped a subject but I did tell them and they were fone about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They still get an A level in it. But they would still get a cashed in grade just be awarded with a grade U or E/D if they did well at AS. I dropped a subject but I did tell them and they were fone about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Getting a U/E/D is not going to look great on applications to jobs after university.

That's the point I am making, always phone up or email and speak to the admissions tutors. They're usually helpful.
Getting a U/E/D is not going to look great on applications to jobs after university.

That's the point I am making, always phone up or email and speak to the admissions tutors. They're usually helpful.

True Lol. Would we have to list it though ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
True Lol. Would we have to list it though ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe you could omit it from your CV, but not from application forms as it would be seen on your A-Level certificates.
I believe you could omit it from your CV, but not from application forms as it would be seen on your A-Level certificates.

Oh yh it would, unless that subject is a complete different board. My D in chemistry AS will kot do me well 🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not saying people should, but it won't show up on a level certificates if it's a U or if it's a different exam board to others.

You'd need a B or less to get a U overall without sitting a2 exams. If you got an A at AS it'll be at least an E.

If you got 100%, a D.
Almost 4 months til results day...
Original post by Elcor
Almost 4 months til results day...

BUT 6 months till we arrive in cambridge :wink:
Original post by cerlohee
BUT 6 months till we arrive in cambridge :wink:

Apparently you posted this on New Year's Day, 1970 :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao the tsr app is A+ :lol:
Original post by Elcor

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case it's a little longer than 6 months till we start..
Reply 1697
Original post by Elcor

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

Interesting... then I should say it was posted on the 'Unix epoch'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just applied for my accommodation at Emma 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending