The Student Room Group

A2 AQA History- Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007

Hi guys!

I just thought this might be useful for anyone else studying the course for us to share historiography that we find and to ask any questions that arise.
this is a great idea, i know there was a thread for last years entry. We should definitely be pulling something together here, COME ON GUYS! How about any example questions, my teacher wont give us any :frown:
Reply 2
Hi! All of the past papers are on the AQA website, if you have a look!
Original post by rhi_el
Hi! All of the past papers are on the AQA website, if you have a look!

Yep, saving them for closer to the exam though, to do under timed conditions and compare my marks against the grade boundaries... I was wondering if anyone had any other types of questions, either just for testing knowledge, or practice exam-style ones????
Reply 4
Ah fair enough, I haven't come across any others... I suppose you could make them up by substituting the topics in the exam papers for other areas of the spec :smile:
Original post by rach1996hol
Yep, saving them for closer to the exam though, to do under timed conditions and compare my marks against the grade boundaries... I was wondering if anyone had any other types of questions, either just for testing knowledge, or practice exam-style ones????

Original post by rhi_el
Ah fair enough, I haven't come across any others... I suppose you could make them up by substituting the topics in the exam papers for other areas of the spec :smile:

The only place I've seen other exam style questions are in this spec's textbook. They don't have many, AQA seem to enjoy changing the syllabus so often that we never get a proper back catalogue, but in the textbook they do have some exam style questions, often at the end of the topics.

I'm really annoyed that our course is one of the only history courses that AQA don't upload model answers for! I really want to see some, but know my teacher won't give us any.
Reply 6
I have a couple of model answers!
Original post by rhi_el
I have a couple of model answers!

You do? Please could I have a look at them?
Reply 8
Yeah, not sure how to upload them?
Original post by rhi_el
Yeah, not sure how to upload them?

If you press 'go advanced' in the posting box at the bottom of the page you can upload them in there! hope this helps and thankyou so much for them!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
What do you guys think will come up this year?
I think there will be a thatcher question. :s-smilie: I have a mock in about a week as well.
How are you guys revising? I've made flashcards for each PM and the 4 categories under each, but I don't know what
else to do?!
Original post by arfah
What do you guys think will come up this year?
I think there will be a thatcher question. :s-smilie: I have a mock in about a week as well.

They seem to always have a Thatcher and always have a synoptic question. It is so difficult to predict with these exams because they haven't been running it for long enough to have a sort of pattern. However, AQA have a new spec for teaching starting this September. So we are the second to last year sitting this exam so AQA may either be really nice and just pick re-hashed past exam questions or they could find obscure parts that they haven't done yet and pick on those bits. I just want this exam to be other with :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by harrybithell196
They seem to always have a Thatcher and always have a synoptic question. It is so difficult to predict with these exams because they haven't been running it for long enough to have a sort of pattern. However, AQA have a new spec for teaching starting this September. So we are the second to last year sitting this exam so AQA may either be really nice and just pick re-hashed past exam questions or they could find obscure parts that they haven't done yet and pick on those bits. I just want this exam to be other with :frown:

This takes up most of my revision if I'm honest. And yeah. It's sad that we can't really predict anything. Although my teacher has sort of implied on a social synoptic I'm not taking his word. I'm revising everything. Concentrating on Thatcher/New Labour. They probably would have to include at least one of those. Otherwise we'd be doing a very boring exam... Have you looked at the other thread for the making of modern Britain? It has so many essays etc. I've saved them all onto my pendrive. Going to be learning them.:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arfah
This takes up most of my revision if I'm honest. And yeah. It's sad that we can't really predict anything. Although my teacher has sort of implied on a social synoptic I'm not taking his word. I'm revising everything. Concentrating on Thatcher/New Labour. They probably would have to include at least one of those. Otherwise we'd be doing a very boring exam... Have you looked at the other thread for the making of modern Britain? It has so many essays etc. I've saved them all onto my pendrive. Going to be learning them.:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's such a pain. This could be really interesting as a syllabus if we didn't have to revise it for an exam 😂 Nope, could you link me to this thread? Is it the one from last year or something?
Reply 15
Original post by harrybithell196
Yeah it's such a pain. This could be really interesting as a syllabus if we didn't have to revise it for an exam 😂 Nope, could you link me to this thread? Is it the one from last year or something?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2345853 it's 2013/2014 thread. It's a life saver tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anna343234
I have model answers for every possible question that could come up; I have written each of these essays and learnt directly from them (since I am getting A's I know they're written correctly) My teacher is amazing! What has everyone else been doing for revision?

Hi, can you post any of them? really struggling to do better
Reply 17
If it helps there's a Student Room tool for finding all of the past papers and mark schemes that have been uploaded by exam boards http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/past-papers
Hi, does anyone have a model society 1951-2007 model answer? please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending