The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DandyC
Yes please for info sharing! Halls look far too expensive for what you get.

Also just mentioning i'm ok at cooking but very happy to clean :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Justin.....

If you need a housemate who can appreciate JB and indian food i'm your guy :biggrin:

Justin Bieber rave sessions!! We can add in some Taylor Swift as well!

Original post by ellie_r94
Ok that really is bad music ahaha. My taste in music is just very eclectic, something for everyone is how I like to look at it!

I would say what I like in music is over a wide range as well, but I don't like metal/emo/scremo tyoe stuff. But apart from that I am good! I am sure we can find something we both enjoy and can rave to.

Original post by danisk
You sound like my kind of person :biggrin:

With Justin Bieber or the gangster rap? Or with the Indian food? Or all three? If it is all three, than seriously you might be my twin.
Original post by MJK91
Don't apologise :tongue:

To be fair I think I just over complicated things anyway. Council tax isn't much of an issue with a fairly large house share anyway. I suspect it's negated by the about you'd save by dividing rent by extra people.

Consider me in on any plans. Ignore the council tax dilemma, I'll get around it.

Well "any plans" so far extend to me and, if that's a formal offer to look for accom together (pending prob meeting up again at the offer day etc), you and your gf! Anyone else wants to jump on board to expand/formalise this plan is welcome!
Original post by GoredGuar
I'm going to Coventry & Leamington next week to grab stuff off estate agents and take a look around at the areas. (I live in Birmingham so it's not that far to do so). Not planning on dishing out the uni halls fees.

So if anyone wants info on how the house hunting goes, let me know!
(On a side note, I wouldn't be bringing an extra person to the house-sharing scene + I can cook/bake hahah XD)

You need to be really careful with coventry letting agents, they're notorious for screwing you over massively. I'd avoid Unac at all costs.
Also, it's a bitch to get to UHCW from leamington.
Original post by am1992
Well "any plans" so far extend to me and, if that's a formal offer to look for accom together (pending prob meeting up again at the offer day etc), you and your gf! Anyone else wants to jump on board to expand/formalise this plan is welcome!

I've been reliably informed that she demands at least one woman live with us. No idea why this would be... ??? :P I can only assume she's looking to leave me because of her sexuality.
Original post by MJK91
I've been reliably informed that she demands at least one woman live with us. No idea why this would be... ??? :P I can only assume she's looking to leave me because of her sexuality.

Seems fair, would prefer a 50/50ish split anyway. Lived with 2 other guys for the past 4 years so could do with a more mixed household, if nothing else because most women (and I generalise here so sorry to any ultra femanists!) have the ability not to leave dirty dishes out for a frigging week at a time! Every week. For 4 years... But I digress!

I feel if she's looking to leave you it might be a bit awkward if she stays in the same house with her new partner :tongue:
Original post by MJK91

I don't mind being you peeps' room mate, if you want me and my god awful music. But more importantly, can your girlfriend cook?
Original post by Awesome_Alien
I don't mind being you peeps' room mate, if you want me and my god awful music. But more importantly, can your girlfriend cook?

Does oven food count as cooking? :P We can all be awful cooks and enjoy takeout Indian food together?

Or blackmail one of the better TSR chefs to join us :biggrin:
Original post by MJK91
Does oven food count as cooking? :P We can all be awful cooks and enjoy takeout Indian food together?

Or blackmail one of the better TSR chefs to join us :biggrin:

Blackmailing might work....
Justin Bieber rave sessions!! We can add in some Taylor Swift as well!

I would say what I like in music is over a wide range as well, but I don't like metal/emo/scremo tyoe stuff. But apart from that I am good! I am sure we can find something we both enjoy and can rave to.

With Justin Bieber or the gangster rap? Or with the Indian food? Or all three? If it is all three, than seriously you might be my twin.

All 3! Although, I must admit that I probably can't cook great Indian food BUT I get given great Indian food :biggrin:

Failing that pizza hut group deals. Cause as a soon to be medical student I can say with authority that pizza is healthy and thus can be consumed regularly :smile:
Original post by danisk
All 3! Although, I must admit that I probably can't cook great Indian food BUT I get given great Indian food :biggrin:

Original post by am1992
Failing that pizza hut group deals. Cause as a soon to be medical student I can say with authority that pizza is healthy and thus can be consumed regularly :smile:

Looks at though we could potentially have a very good, food-orientated group here!
Original post by danisk

I get given great Indian food as well!!

Original post by am1992

Weirdly, I actually had pizza today, and it was very nutritional. I also think that fried chicken is also healthy and can be consumed regularly as well.
Original post by Jezzyfet
You need to be really careful with coventry letting agents, they're notorious for screwing you over massively. I'd avoid Unac at all costs.
Also, it's a bitch to get to UHCW from leamington.

Do not go with Bluewoods either... Me and my friends (in different houses) had major problems with them!
Original post by am1992

Is 50% off Domino's pizza with an NHS card a nationwide thing, or was it just local to where I went to uni? Cos good lord, it was good to live with medics for that reason alone. :wink:
Original post by Ronove
Is 50% off Domino's pizza with an NHS card a nationwide thing, or was it just local to where I went to uni? Cos good lord, it was good to live with medics for that reason alone. :wink:

I live with 2 dental students and have never heard of this! If its nationwide I've missed out on so many pizzas!
Original post by Ronove

I dunno if it's 50% but most dominoes do an nhs discount (a few chains do actually).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1256
I had a quick look at Warwick accomadation and the prices are pretty crazy. I was wondering what everyone's budget (roughly) is for accomadation?

Also anyone else from the 19th March 1pm slot get offers?
Original post by HabzZ
I had a quick look at Warwick accomadation and the prices are pretty crazy. I was wondering what everyone's budget (roughly) is for accomadation?

Also anyone else from the 19th March 1pm slot get offers?

Me, I had my interview on the 19th at 1. I think off campus the prices are more reasonable?
Original post by MJK91

Well I'm female (thought there would be more on this thread) and I'd probably look to share first year unless I absolutely fall in love with a small flat. I'm lucky that the money which was for my Toon fees will hopefully let me buy my own small place but I think I want to get to know people and the area first :3

Oh and my family are only 40 minutes away from campus so if I'm down from Liverpool to see them I can come look at houses or whatever with others!
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1259
I was wondering if everyone received an email regarding the dbs process? I received a second email when I firmed the offer the offer on ucas, which stated that I should have got another email with information on applying for dbs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending