The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Aid and Advice

I would simply like to know whether is is possible to re-sit a year in some courses and continue in others. I am currently studying Law, Psychology, Sociology and French, and have aspirations of studying either Law or Philosophy in Uni. But after getting my mock grades and realising that I have wasted a year doing Law at A level when it is not necessary for university, I asked my current sixth form whether i could re-sit another subject in its place next year? simple answer is no, they wont let me start a new topic, and I cannot bare the shame of re-sitting whilst my friends and peers continue.

As a result I have looked into other sixth forms, and I wondered whether there are places where I can take up a Philosophy and drop law until University, and continue my other A level subjects such as french, psychology or sociology.

If anybody knows if this compromise is possible or have experienced similar circumstances, then could you please inform me of any necessary steps and precautionary measures I should take?
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes that is acceptable. You will just have to check your sixth form's timetable to make sure your new subject doesn't clash with your other subjects :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
Yes that is acceptable. You will just have to check your sixth form's timetable to make sure your new subject doesn't clash with your other subjects :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much:smile: this was really stressing me out, as my current sixth form do not allow students to re-sit whole years anymore. :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest