The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by newblood
Quite a few sidney math applicants got offers from other colleges, looks like im going to have a pretty strong year to contend with haha

Lol yh. Fitz gave out like 13/38 direct offers haha. I will get rejected if I don't meet the offer. Gna bang that sss fam. Overall was like 18 offers. Considering they only have like 6-9 places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by newblood
I think he means why would you set your standards so low :colone:

:wink:
Original post by physicsmaths
Precisely.
Cambridge all the way. All Cambridge offer holders must despise oxford. It is a rule that comes on the offer letter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah! I haven't received the letter YET :colone:
Original post by Melanie Leconte
Ah! I haven't received the letter YET :colone:

You can start practising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
You can start practising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need to cover some of the modules first then I will.

Please guys don't forget us next year, come back and help :smile:
Original post by jneill
2015 Offer data is back!

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

And, re Philosophy @ Christ's, 10 applicants, 3 offers.

Thanks for the update! 20/135 for Engineering at Pembroke (also, pool offers down from the usual 15 to just 3 this year).
the application statistics were slightly anticlimatic... I'm not sure what I was hoping for lol.

my college is one of the least competitive for medicine I think (applicant to offer ratio wise)
Original post by aprocrastinator
the application statistics were slightly anticlimatic... I'm not sure what I was hoping for lol.

my college is one of the least competitive for medicine I think (applicant to offer ratio wise)

I agree haha, I was expecting some kind of big revelation or something but obviously there's not going to be much of a surprise factor when all they are basically saying is fewer people get offers than apply lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aprocrastinator

Nah Caius has the best ratio (for medicine), one of the reasons I applied there :h:
Hello all, I was hoping you guys could help me out with the situation I'm in right now.

So I've been offered a place at Cambridge to study Economics, but I'm now having doubts about what course I really want to do. To be honest, I only chose econ at the start of the year because I thought it would help my career options the most (and I do actually like it quite a lot), but I've realised the subject I'm most passionate about is Physics. I've looked up the Natsci course for Cambridge, and there are a lot of courses that really interest me throughout the 4 years. I know that this is quite a leap. I emailed Cambridge admissions a couple of weeks ago to see whether they could clarify my future options, but they just advised me to email my college now. What do guys think I should do? I fear my offer will be rescinded if I email my college (which I don't want to happen because I would still love to learn economics, I just prefer Physics), so I reckon it would be wiser to ask about a course change once (if) I'm there in October? I really have no idea what to do tbh.

Additional info: I'm predicted A* in maths, further maths and physics, but just an A in economics (offer is A* in FM and economics, A in maths/physics - I know I will need 4A* if I want to be admitted and switch to Physical Natsci).
Original post by Renascence
Hello all, I was hoping you guys could help me out with the situation I'm in right now.

So I've been offered a place at Cambridge to study Economics, but I'm now having doubts about what course I really want to do. To be honest, I only chose econ at the start of the year because I thought it would help my career options the most (and I do actually like it quite a lot), but I've realised the subject I'm most passionate about is Physics. I've looked up the Natsci course for Cambridge, and there are a lot of courses that really interest me throughout the 4 years. I know that this is quite a leap. I emailed Cambridge admissions a couple of weeks ago to see whether they could clarify my future options, but they just advised me to email my college now. What do guys think I should do? I fear my offer will be rescinded if I email my college (which I don't want to happen because I would still love to learn economics, I just prefer Physics), so I reckon it would be wiser to ask about a course change once (if) I'm there in October? I really have no idea what to do tbh.

Additional info: I'm predicted A* in maths, further maths and physics, but just an A in economics (offer is A* in FM and economics, A in maths/physics - I know I will need 4A* if I want to be admitted and switch to Physical Natsci).

Your offer cannot be rescinded for asking questions like this. I think your concern is more that you won't meet your offer and so you worry that asking the question may stop them letting you in if that happens?
If you swap to Maths and Physics I would expect you would need to offer STEP. Suggesting to an admissions tutor you really want to do Phys NatSci without chemistry may be a tough sell at this stage.
Btw I got in with maths FM and Physics A* but only A in Economics and still got a first so I somewhat doubt you would be rejected if you got the same grades! (I was on an A*AAA offer in the first year of A* though.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get four A*'s then ask about swapping after results day you'll probably have a mini interview with the relevant DoS and it will be at his discretion .

Swapping between arts happens more often, some mathmos swap into natsci but ive not heard of an econ natsci swap.

If you swapped to natural sciences you im not sure what options you would be able to take, you would probably end up having to do maths materials physics and computer science. Natural sciences is not just physics so if you want to study just physics you might as well reapply elsewhere rather than trying a bodged swap as.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

You should post this in the ask an admissions tutor thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Nah Caius has the best ratio (for medicine), one of the reasons I applied there :h:

biggest medical college too! :biggrin:

Original post by laurensmiley97
I agree haha, I was expecting some kind of big revelation or something but obviously there's not going to be much of a surprise factor when all they are basically saying is fewer people get offers than apply lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol ikr???? the most exciting thing i noticed was that they gave out one more offer than usual for my course at my college and that there were significant drop in medicine applicants this year compared to previous years :grin:
PBS at Emma, 4 offers from 63, feeling proud ☺️ Anyone know how many places they will actually have, if I just miss my offer wondering if I would still have a chance!
Original post by arc0205
PBS at Emma, 4 offers from 63, feeling proud ☺️ Anyone know how many places they will actually have, if I just miss my offer wondering if I would still have a chance!

Look at the stats for 5 years. Best bet is don't miss your offer :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Look at the stats for 5 years. Best bet is don't miss your offer :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you always online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else get an email about accomadation from UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hes unemployed
Original post by EHZ17

Original post by HeavisideDelts
Hes unemployed

Self-employed. Tks for your concern.

Quick Reply

Latest