The Student Room Group

AS Psychology predictions: PSYA1

REVISE EVERYTHING TO BE SURE! Predictions are made by looking over the past papers and what hasn't come up recently.

The multi-store memory model = long overdue according to previous papers, it last turned up in Jan 2012.

The Working Memory Model = hasn't come up as a proper 12 marker in a while although has made an appearance every year as a 4 marker, 6 marker and even an 8 marker for 5 papers running (MSM more likely than WMM as 12 marker though).

How research into attachment has influenced childcare practices - it's only ever come up as a 4 marker and although it may not be able to be a 12 marker due to lack of content, keep an eye on it.

The impact of daycare - either aggression or peer relations.

Outside chance could be Disruption of attachment - institutional more likely than privation.

Smaller questions such as 6-8 markers:

Bowlby's theory of attachment - hasn't come up bigger than a 4 marker since Jun 2012, has come up as an 8 marker and a 6 marker prior with a long gap since the last paper so it's overdue an appearance as an 8 or 6 maker.

Expect a question on types of attachment such as secure, insecure-resistant and insecure-avoidant - make sure you know these definintions.

Scroll to see replies

Great ! Thank you :smile: Can you do PSYA2 predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Ben4
Great ! Thank you :smile: Can you do PSYA2 predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

of course i can, will do them on a separate thread though so it doesn't get confusing! :smile:
bowlbys theory of attachmentis that GASSSMIC ? or operant or classical conditioning?
Reply 4
Original post by scrawlx101
bowlbys theory of attachmentis that GASSSMIC ? or operant or classical conditioning?

Not sure what GASSSMIC is sorry.

Bowlby is the evolutionary theory, includes attachment is innate, continuity hypothesis, imprinting, internal working model, monotropy, sensitive period and social releasers. Need any more help let me know!

Operant and Classical is part of the learning theory.
Original post by Juleff
Not sure what GASSSMIC is sorry.

Bowlby is the evolutionary theory, includes attachment is innate, continuity hypothesis, imprinting, internal working model, monotropy, sensitive period and social releasers. Need any more help let me know!

Operant and Classical is part of the learning theory.

will the question specify bowlby's learning theory into attachment or learning theory?

Genetic
Adaptive
Secure Base
Sensitive Period
Social releasers
Montropy
Internal working model
Continuity hypothesis
Reply 6
Original post by scrawlx101
will the question specify bowlby's learning theory into attachment or learning theory?

Genetic
Adaptive
Secure Base
Sensitive Period
Social releasers
Montropy
Internal working model
Continuity hypothesis

Oh right, Most likely to be Bowlby over learning theory.
Reply 7
What exam board is this for? :smile: thank you!
Reply 8
What would I write about for attachment influencing child care practices?

And what areas should I bring up for institutionalisation?

I have an idea... But I'd rather check with you guys... Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
It's for AQA :smile:
Original post by cesca1002
What exam board is this for? :smile: thank you!

Aqa A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
aqa, exam bored sorry should have specified.
Original post by Juleff
aqa, exam bored sorry should have specified.

Thank you! :smile:
What sort of things could I write for "how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices"?
Reply 14
Original post by CarbonBoron
What sort of things could I write for "how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices"?

you can write about:

1) influence on day care and use bowlby's theory of attachment and robertson and robertson - films of brief separation

2) Influence hospital care and use robertson and bowlby: PDD cycle and Bifulco et al: long term effects of loss

3) influence on institutional care and use hodges and tizard: children in care and Radke-yarrow et al: depressed mothers

4) influence on adoption and use rutter et al: romanian adoptees and hodges in tizard: children in care

5) influence parental care and use rutter and quinton: ex-instituional women and bowlby: theory of attachment

6) influence childcare and use NICHD and EPPE studies ans Clarke-Stewart: Chicago study

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by deano321
What would I write about for attachment influencing child care practices?

And what areas should I bring up for institutionalisation?

I have an idea... But I'd rather check with you guys... Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry didn't see your comment! Check one of the replies at the bottom should help! :smile:
Original post by Juleff
you can write about:

1) influence on day care and use bowlby's theory of attachment and robertson and robertson - films of brief separation

2) Influence hospital care and use robertson and bowlby: PDD cycle and Bifulco et al: long term effects of loss

3) influence on institutional care and use hodges and tizard: children in care and Radke-yarrow et al: depressed mothers

4) influence on adoption and use rutter et al: romanian adoptees and hodges in tizard: children in care

5) influence parental care and use rutter and quinton: ex-instituional women and bowlby: theory of attachment

6) influence childcare and use NICHD and EPPE studies ans Clarke-Stewart: Chicago study

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you this has helped so much!!
No worries! Thank you :smile: best of luck for tomorrow everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
go on the loopa website... it helps a lot
Reply 19
you're welcome ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest