The Student Room Group

Friendzoned

So 4 years back I was mates with this guy and we went to a house party, I met his ex gf there, she was super hot and we began talking and I genuinely really got on with her, anyways as the night went on we began dancing together and we both ended up crashing there, during the night she came in my bed and went to kiss me. I pulled away (regrets) as she was my friends ex and he was in the other room. Anyways we both ended up sleeping together in the same bed and when we woke up we got each others numbers and started to text. We then met up loads, and became really good friends, its now been almost 4 years and she calls me one of her best friends and always says that she wants me to be her gay best friend... lol so literally the king of the friend zone.. but all this time I have really liked her and I dont even talk to my old mate anymore so i was such an idiot to not just get with her that night, things could have been so different. She now has a new bf and I am really jealous. We are in our 20s and it looks like she could be settling in with this guy. She asks me to get a gf to double date but I want her. Should I stop talking to her as clearly it will continue to drive me nuts knowing she is with someone else and I cant have her? Any advice? If I tell her she will 100% be freaked out and probably stop talking to me
Yes, best you stop talking to her.
Reply 2
So this isn't friendzoning, as she was formerly up for it. It is "the one that got away" syndrome. Still very upsetting but not nearly as humiliating. Anyway, the answer is to move on, focus your energy on finding someone who is available. Maybe you can keep a back burner glimmer of hope she may come on the market again, but don't submit yourself to this double dating suggestion humiliation.
Reply 3
cant be bothered to read, but ill provide my advice anyway. Always make sure that the microwave door is closed when it is running. Hope this helps
Original post by Anonymous
So 4 years back I was mates with this guy and we went to a house party, I met his ex gf there, she was super hot and we began talking and I genuinely really got on with her, anyways as the night went on we began dancing together and we both ended up crashing there, during the night she came in my bed and went to kiss me. I pulled away (regrets) as she was my friends ex and he was in the other room. Anyways we both ended up sleeping together in the same bed and when we woke up we got each others numbers and started to text. We then met up loads, and became really good friends, its now been almost 4 years and she calls me one of her best friends and always says that she wants me to be her gay best friend... lol so literally the king of the friend zone.. but all this time I have really liked her and I dont even talk to my old mate anymore so i was such an idiot to not just get with her that night, things could have been so different. She now has a new bf and I am really jealous. We are in our 20s and it looks like she could be settling in with this guy. She asks me to get a gf to double date but I want her. Should I stop talking to her as clearly it will continue to drive me nuts knowing she is with someone else and I cant have her? Any advice? If I tell her she will 100% be freaked out and probably stop talking to me

Just bear in mind that if you stop talking to her, you're losing out on a good friend. I know it sucks but sometimes sucking it up and accepting she's not yours will help you get over her as well as maintain this strong friendship you've created. also, you could be the shoulder to cry on if things go balls up, if you know what I mean
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
So this isn't friendzoning, as she was formerly up for it. It is "the one that got away" syndrome. Still very upsetting but not nearly as humiliating. Anyway, the answer is to move on, focus your energy on finding someone who is available. Maybe you can keep a back burner glimmer of hope she may come on the market again, but don't submit yourself to this double dating suggestion humiliation.

Ohh i see! this syndrome sucks. I believe I will do my best to move on, there is no other option I suppose.
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Just bear in mind that if you stop talking to her, you're losing out on a good friend. I know it sucks but sometimes sucking it up and accepting she's not yours will help you get over her as well as maintain this strong friendship you've created. also, you could be the shoulder to cry on if things go balls up, if you know what I mean

that's lame advice, sorry. I bet the only reason he's 'friends' with her is because of the potential of being in a relationship.
Reply 7
Original post by ChoccyPhilly

That is 100% true and what was originally stopping me from not talking to her anymore. we genuinely are really good friends and it would be terrible to just throw it away. I am not too sure what I do but that does sound like a sensible idea. Haha yes! who knows xD I could possibly stay in contact but slowly drift apart and if they was to break up begin talking again but in a completely different way, more flirty to ensure she knows im dtf lol
Reply 8
Ohh i see! this syndrome sucks. I believe I will do my best to move on, there is no other option I suppose.

Sadly so, but the best way to get over it is to get on with it with someone else..
Reply 9
Original post by InternetGangster
that's lame advice, sorry. I bet the only reason he's 'friends' with her is because of the potential of being in a relationship.

Ngl, although we are great friends, you are sort of right I guess, that is the main reason I am sticking around (potential of getting together) now i think about it. but nothing I can do:/ so I think i am just going to slowly stop talking to her
Ngl, although we are great friends, you are sort of right I guess, that is the main reason I am sticking around (potential of getting together) now i think about it. but nothing I can do:/ so I think i am just going to slowly stop talking to her

That sounds like a ****ty thing to do since she obviously considers you a very close friend. It might be painful and awkward for everyone involved, but telling her why you want to see less of her would be far kinder.
Original post by MangoFreak
That sounds like a ****ty thing to do since she obviously considers you a very close friend. It might be painful and awkward for everyone involved, but telling her why you want to see less of her would be far kinder.

That could lead to her never seeing me the same way again and always feeling weird around me though. I guess some things are better left unsaid ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending