The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frigg113
Maths eas subject with higheet percentage failing. No surprise there

Pretty sure they get the most firsts too though
Original post by Elcor
Pretty sure they get the most firsts too though

no they really dont, how misinformed are you. They get absolutely no way near the top..

http://cambridge.tab.co.uk/2015/04/19/which-subject-gets-firsts/

Linguistics, education and natsci do
no they really dont, how misinformed are you. They get absolutely no way near the top..

http://cambridge.tab.co.uk/2015/04/19/which-subject-gets-firsts/

Linguistics, education and natsci do

I can't see that graph, I'm on my phone and the Tab website is designed poorly. That's just something I had heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
I can't see that graph, I'm on my phone and the Tab website is designed poorly. That's just something I had heard.

See below. All other subjects had 0% fail rate.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 11.02.39.jpg

"Results from 2014 show that just 0.6% of finalists failed their degree. In total 16 subjects received no fails whatsoever, including Architecture, Medical and Veterinary Sciences and Chemical Engineering.The most unsuccessful subjects were Theology, Engineering and Maths, although they only had a fail rate of 1.9%, 2.1% and 2.3% respectively."
:lol: we've all chosen our degrees now.

Wouldn't really mind if my degree was the easiest if I enjoyed it, but if it was boring and easy then I'd probably not be happy.

How hard can something be though? Like nothing we know now, is incomprehensible really

Everyone can understand something I feel
Original post by jneill

"Results from 2014 show that just 0.6% of finalists failed their degree. In total 16 subjects received no fails whatsoever, including Architecture, Medical and Veterinary Sciences and Chemical Engineering.The most unsuccessful subjects were Theology, Engineering and Maths, although they only had a fail rate of 1.9%, 2.1% and 2.3% respectively."

Worth noting a couple of things for medicine:

1) During third year, which is what I assume they're referring to for "finalists" as actual medical finals aren't graded, medics aren't technically doing "medicine," they're on their intercalated year. Some will be doing a pure NST Tripos, others will be doing their intercalated option as part of the "Biological and Biomedical Sciences" Tripos - the main differences from NatSci being that you do a literature-based dissertation instead of a research project, and you also take on a "minor subject" worth 1/6th of your grade. For a variety of reasons, the BBS students tend to get a lot of 2.1s but virtually no firsts. A few others will do totally different subjects and fall under their grades stats, I imagine.

2)Although the Tripos failure rate for medics is very low, significantly higher numbers will fail their second MB papers, which have a higher pass mark. There are resits available, but if you fail those then you're out.
Original post by jneill

Thanks - I bet I'm the 1 in 50 for Engineering if I get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Thanks - I bet I'm the 1 in 50 for Engineering if I get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

from what we've seen on here, i like your odds

I don't understand. Does that mean you want me to fail?
Original post by Elcor
I don't understand. Does that mean you want me to fail?

I dont want you to.. but your lack of comprehension is not under my control
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: we've all chosen our degrees now.

Wouldn't really mind if my degree was the easiest if I enjoyed it, but if it was boring and easy then I'd probably not be happy.

How hard can something be though? Like nothing we know now, is incomprehensible really

Everyone can understand something I feel

That's how I see it :h:

We shouldn't be doing degrees because they're hard.. we chose them because we enjoy the subject. This renders the entire degree difficulty thing moot because it really doesn't matter :eyebrow:

Bit mean :K:
I dont want you to.. but your lack of comprehension is not under my control

Why would you even say that? Not only is it completely unfounded but it's just plain mean.
I'm not sure if you're at camb or a 2016 applicant but I really hope there aren't many people like you there :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cerlohee
Why would you even say that? Not only is it completely unfounded but it's just plain mean.
I'm not sure if you're at camb or a 2016 applicant but I really hope there aren't many people like you there :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice people attract nice people and crappy people are mean to others on the internet :^_^:
This thread is pretty crap now, frigg113 has brought so much negativity.

Bad vibes...
Original post by Elcor

Bad vibes...

He's just an internet warrior who gets a perverted kick from making others feel bad.

We should migrate.
Original post by Elcor

Bad vibes...

Feed off of it :biggrin:
Original post by ILovePancakes
He's just an internet warrior who gets a perverted kick from making others feel bad.

We should migrate.

I've got a better solution thanks to jneill: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=ignorelist

:wink:
Original post by ILovePancakes
That's how I see it :h:

We shouldn't be doing degrees because they're hard.. we chose them because we enjoy the subject. This renders the entire degree difficulty thing moot because it really doesn't matter :eyebrow:

Bit mean :K:

[QUOTE="cerlohee;55935733"]Why would you even say that? Not only is it completely unfounded but it's just plain mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/Q
Original post by Elcor

Bad vibes...
Welcome to the real world. Its not all daises and unicorns. Grow up
Original post by cerlohee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whys it unfounded. He said it about himself. So i simply agreed.

Why can he say it and i cant. Thats just favouritism :frown: and probably sexism too :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending