The Student Room Group

LAMDA drama school shortlist and other drama school topics...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chefrancis
Ah wow a million times congratulations what are your choices?

Bristol or LAMDA. All depends on finances really. I love both of them.
Reply 21
Original post by jolp92
Just got the email as well, being kept on the waiting list too

All this waiting is becoming rather exhausting, but at least they didn't reject us right away.
Hi all, this is Claire (Che's been on my blog and told me about this). I was also put on the shortlist for the 2 year program at LAMDA, although I have yet to hear anything from them. Isn't this waiting maddening?

Che, have you heard anything from Bristol?
Reply 23
Original post by claireeffie
Hi all, this is Claire (Che's been on my blog and told me about this). I was also put on the shortlist for the 2 year program at LAMDA, although I have yet to hear anything from them. Isn't this waiting maddening?

Che, have you heard anything from Bristol?

Thank You so much Claire for looking at this forum, still haven't heard anything from Bristol yet either. Everything is getting a bit high pressured at the moment... do you think you will accept your place at Bristol Claire?

P.S. would highly recommend to all to read Claire's blog http://srslyclurr.blogspot.co.uk/ so well written and interesting, gained a whole different prospectus on what it like auditioning for drama school. :biggrin:
Thank You so much Claire for looking at this forum, still haven't heard anything from Bristol yet either. Everything is getting a bit high pressured at the moment... do you think you will accept your place at Bristol Claire?

P.S. would highly recommend to all to read Claire's blog http://srslyclurr.blogspot.co.uk/ so well written and interesting, gained a whole different prospectus on what it like auditioning for drama school. :biggrin:

Thanks for the plug! If LAMDA doesn't pan out (and it's not looking good), then I'm going to RCS. I actually already turned down Bristol -- non UK/EU students can only apply for their one year international students program and I didn't quite like that idea. What's your plan?

Jolp, congrats on the Lir!
Hey guys, so congratulations to all of you who have been offered fantastic places so far!!

I was shortlisted for a place on the TTSM course back in Nov I think and not heard anything since! The pressure is killing me!! Anybody else up for the same course??
Original post by carrieturner
Hey guys, so congratulations to all of you who have been offered fantastic places so far!!

I was shortlisted for a place on the TTSM course back in Nov I think and not heard anything since! The pressure is killing me!! Anybody else up for the same course??

Me too! Hopefully you will hear soon! I've got a place, but I really need a scholarship so that I can actually go.
Reply 27
As anyone heard anything... A friend of mine heard back from LAMDA last week saying that she got a place. She was told that final decisions would be made in late August time....
Is anyone going to the open day on the 14th? Also, have any of you looked into accommodation yet?
I still haven't heard a thing from LAMDA. What an insanely long, drawn out process.....
As anyone heard anything... A friend of mine heard back from LAMDA last week saying that she got a place. She was told that final decisions would be made in late August time....

Che, have you heard anything from Bristol? This whole making offers/wait list process is kind of fascinating (if it wasn't so annoying! :smile:).
Che, have you heard anything from Bristol? This whole making offers/wait list process is kind of fascinating (if it wasn't so annoying! :smile:).

August sounds really late. I hope you hear soon!
Just got an email from LAMDA this morning. They said my offer was still on hold but that they'd let me know in two weeks. Is that the same email you all got?
Reply 33
Just got an email from LAMDA this morning. They said my offer was still on hold but that they'd let me know in two weeks. Is that the same email you all got?

Yes Claire I got the same email as you.. TWO MORE WEEKS!!! Man am exhausted from the wait, unfortunately I didn't get into Bristol. I am not too bothered though its not like I wasn't expecting it considering they only accept 12-14 people... oh well.

Now all my hopes fall into the basket with LAMDA... DAMN...

TBH I highly doubt that it will be in 2 weeks, seeing as they have taken sooo long in getting back to us at this stage...

SILLY ME> LETS BE OPTIMISTIC SHALL WE!! :biggrin:
Yes Claire I got the same email as you.. TWO MORE WEEKS!!! Man am exhausted from the wait, unfortunately I didn't get into Bristol. I am not too bothered though its not like I wasn't expecting it considering they only accept 12-14 people... oh well.

Now all my hopes fall into the basket with LAMDA... DAMN...

TBH I highly doubt that it will be in 2 weeks, seeing as they have taken sooo long in getting back to us at this stage...

SILLY ME> LETS BE OPTIMISTIC SHALL WE!! :biggrin:

Well, I'm sorry about Bristol, although even getting on the wait list there is an accomplishment!

I have a feeling the next update from LAMDA will just be the same -- well, you're still on hold...so...we'll maybe let you know...sometime...

I can't wait for too much longer as I'll need to start applying for my visa & what not for RCS. I think today is the official cut off day for people to accept their first offers (according to Drama UK) although this whole thing is very confusing.

But yes. Let's be optimistic shall we? :P
Reply 35
Has anyone heard anything yet? The deadline for making a decision is getting closer and closer....
Hey everyone! I was just following this thread because I find myself in the same situation this year. I recieved my email in early may that I was on the shortlist at LAMDA for the 2 year acting course and I'm just wondering how long it took for you guys to find out yes or no last year. Hope I'm not left waiting too long as I've got other things to plan if it's a no.
Original post by leedslad88
Hey everyone! I was just following this thread because I find myself in the same situation this year. I recieved my email in early may that I was on the shortlist at LAMDA for the 2 year acting course and I'm just wondering how long it took for you guys to find out yes or no last year. Hope I'm not left waiting too long as I've got other things to plan if it's a no.

Hey! I've been following this thread as well and am on the shortlist for the MA course. From what I gathered from the previous posts is that they all heard around June 18th, a Wednesday last year, about their shortlist updates. Hopefully this means we should hear something this week if LAMDA sticks to the same timeline this year. This is just my assumption and hope because I have to plan accordingly as well if it's a no.
I'm on the waiting list for LAMDA now... Help! How big are the shortlists?
Has anyone hear anything from Lamda!? I'm still on the shortlist, international, and haven't heard anything :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending