The Student Room Group

How to deal with rejection??

This is a more a sharing personal experience thread. I've liked him for months and I have also been slightly stalkerish like some of you will know :P I deleted all his pictures/stalkerish data. I think this was more than just a "crush", I had a lot of feelings for him. We were just friends before hand and over the months, I grew to like him more but I KNEW he didn't like me back. Although somewhere deep down I still had some kind of hope. Anyways after telling a couple people about it, it was recommended that I just tell him to get it over and done with otherwise I will never know. So I told him today. So after months of obsessing over him, I finally got the courage to tell him. And like I predicted he said it wouldn't work out. Now I'm just kinda hurt even though I did expect the outcome. I've deleted him off Skype and left the group with him in just so I could get over it better.

Share experiences about rejection and advice on how to cope and how long it takes to get over it.

Scroll to see replies

The guy I liked walked me to class one day and told me he straight up didn't like me that way and wasn't planning on having a relationship at school. I introduced my friend to him and within a month they'd started going out.
Them and all my other friends have done loads behind my back so I kind of deleted them from my life. Except we're still all friends on Facebook.
Original post by Anonymous
The guy I liked walked me to class one day and told me he straight up didn't like me that way and wasn't planning on having a relationship at school. I introduced my friend to him and within a month they'd started going out.
Them and all my other friends have done loads behind my back so I kind of deleted them from my life. Except we're still all friends on Facebook.

That sucks :L l'm sorry :frown: You should delete them from facebook as well.
lol im like who really cares tho...im beautiful....
Original post by ilovereading
This is a more a sharing personal experience thread. I've liked him for months and I have also been slightly stalkerish like some of you will know :P I deleted all his pictures/stalkerish data. I think this was more than just a "crush", I had a lot of feelings for him. We were just friends before hand and over the months, I grew to like him more but I KNEW he didn't like me back. Although somewhere deep down I still had some kind of hope. Anyways after telling a couple people about it, it was recommended that I just tell him to get it over and done with otherwise I will never know. So I told him today. So after months of obsessing over him, I finally got the courage to tell him. And like I predicted he said it wouldn't work out. Now I'm just kinda hurt even though I did expect the outcome. I've deleted him off Skype and left the group with him in just so I could get over it better.

Share experiences about rejection and advice on how to cope and how long it takes to get over it.

Come over and we can watch movies and eat ice cream together :cookie::console::hugs:
Original post by Anonymous

reminds me of the time I asked out a girl I had know for about a year (I liked her *a lot* and we had a huge amount of things in common - I normally don't ask girls out unless they are basically perfect regarding their personality) and she said "I'm not looking for a relationship right now" and then, 2 days later, "(girl) is in a relationship with (some other person)". brutal. I got over it eventually.
Original post by Papi El Jalanito
lol im like who really cares tho...im beautiful....

I love the confidence xD
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Come over and we can watch movies and eat ice cream together :cookie::console::hugs:

Omw :cry2::hugs::love:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by zippity.doodah
reminds me of the time I asked out a girl I had know for about a year (I liked her *a lot* and we had a huge amount of things in common - I normally don't ask girls out unless they are basically perfect regarding their personality) and she said "I'm not looking for a relationship right now" and then, 2 days later, "(girl) is in a relationship with (some other person)". brutal. I got over it eventually.

Aww I'm sorry <3
How did you get over it and how long did it take?
Reply 9
You've finally deleted that 80+ plus photos of him. Well done! ^_^

Consider this as a life lesson and move on. At least your obsession with him will subside, and as the weeks go on, things will eventually get better.

We all go through rejection in our lives, but that's what makes us stronger as individuals and better prepared for more to come in the future.

He's just one guy, so don't worry about him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Booze, Eminem, tissues and writing a song usually fixes it for me:yep:

Nahh, you just get used to rejection and become immune after a while:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww I'm sorry <3
How did you get over it and how long did it take?

the best part of a year - I'm in that phase now still, somewhat, with a girl I "asked out~" last year (similar situation, except she liked me too, but she had just entered a relationship with an old ex of hers and some complicated things ended up happening between us which just ruined every chance of a relationship). almost a whole year ago now to the day, approximately. I had sex with another girl a month after I asked this girl in question out because I thought trying to move on and dump all my feelings onto another girl would make me forget the original girl...but during the "big evening" I "couldn't perform" because something inside told me "this is the wrong girl" - maybe that displays how much she meant, maybe that displays how little the other girl meant, maybe it all displays that I am pretty weird. but yeah, rejection, especially if it's somebody you really like, is terrible. it haunts you from the moment you wake up in the morning to the moment you go to sleep that day (at least for me). the feelings of regret and despair stay with you for a long time (e.g. a year) but do you regret trying? no - if you never tried, you'd never get a happy ending
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Quaggie
You've finally deleted that 80+ plus photos of him. Well done! ^_^

Consider this as a life lesson and move on. At least your obsession with him will subside, and as the weeks go on, things will eventually get better.

We all go through rejection in our lives, but that's what makes us stronger as individuals and better prepared for more to come in the future.

He's just one guy, so don't worry about him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes I have xD

Sigh :frown:

One of the only guys that I REALLY liked. Sigh, its hard to just get over it </3
Original post by Andy98
Booze, Eminem, tissues and writing a song usually fixes it for me:yep:

Nahh, you just get used to rejection and become immune after a while:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the first time I've been "officially" rejected/heartbroken and its a horrible feeling. I hope I dont have to become immune to it :frown:
Omw :cry2::hugs::love:

It will be okay soon :kiss: just never do this...

When I got rejected from Cambridge I used it as an excuse to skip school.
Original post by zippity.doodah
the best part of a year - I'm in that phase now still, somewhat, with a girl I "asked out~" last year (similar situation, except she liked me too, but she had just entered a relationship with an old ex of hers and some complicated things ended up happening between us which just ruined every chance of a relationship). almost a whole year ago now to the day, approximately. I had sex with another girl a month after I asked this girl in question out because I thought trying to move on and dump all my feelings onto another girl would make me forget the original girl...but during the "big evening" I "couldn't perform" because something inside told me "this is the wrong girl" - maybe that displays how much she meant, maybe that displays how little the other girl meant, maybe it all displays that I am pretty weird. but yeah, rejection, especially if it's somebody you really like, is terrible. it haunts you from the moment you wake up in the morning to the moment you go to sleep that day (at least for me). the feelings of regret and despair stay with you for a long time (e.g. a year) but do you regret trying? no - if you never tried, you'd never get a happy ending

I dont think I am that hung up on him. I mean I never met him in real life and we didnt have things in common. I think it more the fact that I couldn't have him that made me want him more I guess :L Yeah I was thinking of a rebound and there is another guy who I "potentially" may learn to like and we went out today which was nice. I hope this feeling doesn't last too long and I'm sorry it lasted so long for you :frown: Its true if you never try then you'll never know.

Ice cream and movies should help for the mean time I guess.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It will be okay soon :kiss: just never do this...

OMG HAHAHA XD

Spoiler

Original post by lllllllllll
When I got rejected from Cambridge I used it as an excuse to skip school.

My attendance is already so ****ty but I would LOVE to miss school :L Only 2 more days I guess :/

Spoiler

Reply 19
This is the first time I've been "officially" rejected/heartbroken and its a horrible feeling. I hope I dont have to become immune to it :frown:

It's alright, you seem like a nice enough girl so I'm sure you won't face as many as I have/will

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending