The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anyone?:frown:
They shouldn't see it if you cancelled it.
Reply 3
Original post by william walker
They shouldn't see it if you cancelled it.

Ok, I hope so.
Original post by 08Mercyf
So I was on facebook on my phone and accidentally sent a friend request to someone I sort of know and quickly rectified it and it said "friend request cancelled" however I am still worried that that person will see my request? so will the person see my request or no because I rectified it?:s-smilie::redface:
Btw I don't want to add that person on facebook for a certain reason.

haha block them? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Jess_x
haha block them? :smile:

I don't want to do that.

It just suddenly happened that I was searching through a list of people("people you may know" thing) and that person had to be one of them which I clicked the friend request button accidentally.:redface:

Eventhough I deleted the friend request will that person see the request? I am confused although it did state "friend request deleted"?
Reply 6
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Depends... you can actually see who and how frequently people visit your fb page if you look hard enough, but I don't think they would see a cancelled request if not looking specifically...

That's reasuuring and I hope not.:o:)
I don't want to do that.

It just suddenly happened that I was searching through a list of people("people you may know" thing) and that person had to be one of them which I clicked the friend request button accidentally.:redface:

Eventhough I deleted the friend request will that person see the request? I am confused although it did state "friend request deleted"?

Oh. Well I think they'd probably get an email notification, so yeah they probably might.. :redface:

But surely if they're on your "people you may know list", then they've been fb stalking you anyway so nothing's lost?!
Reply 8
Original post by Jess_x
Oh. Well I think they'd probably get an email notification, so yeah they probably might.. :redface:

But surely if they're on your "people you may know list", then they've been fb stalking you anyway so nothing's lost?!

:frown:

I hope the person does not see it otherwise I won't know what to say if they asked.

I only had facebook for about a year and God knows how it works.
So I was on facebook on my phone and accidentally sent a friend request to someone I sort of know and quickly rectified it and it said "friend request cancelled" however I am still worried that that person will see my request? so will the person see my request or no because I rectified it?:s-smilie::redface:
Btw I don't want to add that person on facebook for a certain reason.

The person will see it. Someone tried it on me. The notification comes up but there is nothing to accept because they rectified it. Long story short this person knows you were stalking their page so it's best to prepare how you are going to explain yourself now.
:frown:

I hope the person does not see it otherwise I won't know what to say if they asked.

I only had facebook for about a year and God knows how it works.

If it's any comfort, they might not even still use the email account with which they created their fb. It''s only a little muddle anyway if they do see that you friended them-don't worry about it :smile: If I were you I'd try to believe that they didn't see it just cos it would make me feel happier and is just (if not more) as likely as the dispiriting alternative...hope this helps!
Original post by The two eds
The person will see it. Someone tried it on me. The notification comes up but there is nothing to accept because they rectified it. Long story short this person knows you were stalking their page so it's best to prepare how you are going to explain yourself now.

Thanks, I never knew that the person will know but there will be nothing to accept.:redface:

And I never stalked that person on facebook, it just happened that I saw that person on the "people you may know list" and I wanted to see the profile to double check if it was the actual person and not knowing I sent a a friend request, so it was not un purpose or anything like that, it just happened accidentally on my phone.
Original post by Jess_x
If it's any comfort, they might not even still use the email account with which they created their fb. It''s only a little muddle anyway if they do see that you friended them-don't worry about it :smile: If I were you I'd try to believe that they didn't see it just cos it would make me feel happier and is just (if not more) as likely as the dispiriting alternative...hope this helps!

:smile:
Reply 13
Maybe an email notification, but don't worry about it mate. :smile:

You said yourself it was an accident. I'm selective about the people I add on Facebook (family/friends), so I'd have done the same if I accidentally friend requested someone. If for whatever reason you're "challenged" about it then it isn't like you were even on their profile, their name came up on a list. If someone did it to me, I would suspect an accident anyway and not assume they were "stalking".

Hope you're okay about it.
I must have clicked on the contacts button and saw that person because I have that persons details on my phone? anyone, hopefully nothing will happen.:smile:
Original post by Skyf4ll
Maybe an email notification, but don't worry about it mate. :smile:

You said yourself it was an accident. I'm selective about the people I add on Facebook (family/friends), so I'd have done the same if I accidentally friend requested someone. If for whatever reason you're "challenged" about it then it isn't like you were even on their profile, their name came up on a list. If someone did it to me, I would suspect an accident anyway and not assume they were "stalking".

Hope you're okay about it.

Yeah, hopefully nothing major will happen.:smile:
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Depends... you can actually see who and how frequently people visit your fb page if you look hard enough, but I don't think they would see a cancelled request if not looking specifically...
Since when can you do this?
Original post by Jess_x

that's actually a myth.

Latest