The Student Room Group

Starting to get worried that Donald Trump might actually get the republican ...

nomination.

I hope he doesnt.

I like Marco Rubio.

Scroll to see replies

I think the democrats are praying that he gets it.:smile:
Original post by caravaggio2

Yeh and just think of the damage he is doing the reputation of the GOP too.

Im fairly sure that he wont get the nomination even if he gets the most votes since the delegates just wont nominate him lol - I think thats how it works?
He really is a ****. That being said, the US apprentice and celebrity apprentice are a guilty pleasure of mine.
Reply 4
Good thing about Trump is he has his own money, so he doesn't rely as much on funding from other interests like all the other presidential runners.
Reply 5
Original post by Awesome Genius
nomination.

I hope he doesnt.

I like Marco Rubio.

Trump goes on about illegal immigrants, but he doesn't seem to have a clue beyond vague statements. His appearance at the border with Mexico a few hours ago showed his lack of knowledge.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by flibber
Trump goes on about illegal immigrants, but he doesn't seem to have a clue beyond vague statements. His appearence at the border with Mexico a few hours ago showed his lack of knowledge.

Yeh. Plain and simple, he is a clown.
Reply 7
Yeh. Plain and simple, he is a clown.

Spoiler

Is there any reason why you like Marco Rubio?
Original post by flibber

Spoiler

Is there any reason why you like Marco Rubio?

Well yeh thats why I said 'starting to get worried'. He is a clown but he's ahead on the polls.

Rubio: I just think he's the most credible of all the Republican field.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by flibber
Trump goes on about illegal immigrants, but he doesn't seem to have a clue beyond vague statements. His appearance at the border with Mexico a few hours ago showed his lack of knowledge.

He doesn't need knowledge. He's confident, aggressive, and unapologetic. This clearly appeals to people.

Right wing media also like him.
I'd be torn between the potential for a comedy car crash and the fear he may become the most powerful politician in the world.
Original post by Quantex
I'd be torn between the potential for a comedy car crash and the fear he may become the most powerful politician in the world.

Yeh I want him to get the republican nomination and then he'll surely lose anyway

The debates will be hilarious
Original post by TimmonaPortella
He doesn't need knowledge. He's confident, aggressive, and unapologetic. This clearly appeals to people.

As it comes closer to the election, one day, people will wake up and ask, 'it's all good you're raising up illegal immigration as a major issue, but what are you actually going to do about it?'. Pure frustration with the political establishment in Washington (which has led some Republicans to support Trump) can only go so far before they ask themselves if Trump can actually resolve this mess without creating more problems than he solves.

The media love him as his outrageous remarks generate good headlines, but a lot of the right wing should hate him as he's an embarrassment to the Republican Party.

I thought you're right wing too?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by flibber
As it comes closer to the election, one day, people will wake up and ask, 'it's all good you're raising up illegal immigration as a major issue, but what are you actually going to do about it?'. Pure frustration with the political establishment in Washington (which has led some Republicans to support Trump) can only go so far before they ask themselves if Trump can actually resolve this mess without creating more problems than he solves.

Media love him as his outrageous remarks generate good headlines, but a lot of the right wing should hate him as he's an embarrassment to the Republican Party.

I thought you're right wing too?

I'm right wing in England. I'm not Fox News or Republican Party right wing.
Well yeh thats why I said 'starting to get worried'. He is a clown but he's ahead on the polls.

Rubio: I just think he's the most credible of all the Republican field.

Who would you support in a general election between Rubio and Hillary Clinton?
I'm right wing in England. I'm not Fox News or Republican Party right wing.

If you identify as a Conservative Party supporter, given that the American political spectrum is much to the right of the European political spectrum (especially on social issues), I assume you'd fit into the 'liberal' Democratic Party in the United States, unless you are a swing voter.
I'd rather him in the white house than hillary clinton
Original post by caravaggio2

Yeh I want him to get the republican nomination and then he'll surely lose anyway

The debates will be hilarious

Most US conservatives want their country to become confident, aggressive and unapologetic again. As Timmona alluded to, this is a primary reason why Trump is doing well. Trump is easy to dislike on a personal level, but he has potential to change the rules of American politics. That is exciting. It is also promising because the current rule book sucks. The debates with trump in them have the potential to be fantastic. If he actually manages to sustain his momentum and win the republican nomination, then the debates with Hillary will be electric. I actually think Hillary is not capable of handling trump in a debate. She will excel in a conventional campaign, but Trump is not going to compete on her terms. Trump may actually be the best candidate the republican party can put up. They just don't know it yet.
Reply 18
Same **** happened four years ago with Cain, Bachmann, Gingrich. They all had their moments when they looked like 'they could win', but they all collapsed in the end. Trump has no shot, and I'm pretty sure he knows this too. It's good for his publicity either way.
I do hope he gets it, it should make the 2016 Presidential Election a formality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending