The Student Room Group

Seriously?

They've deleted the entirety of the 'why are all girls emotions wrecks and incapable of logic' thread and left the 'why are all guys douchebags?' thread in place.

Yeah, welcome to the land of identity politics underpinned by moral relativism - there is no right or wrong, just right or wrong identity. Misandry = perfectly acceptable, misogyny = the worst crime imaginable.

Utter hypocrisy.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's the same for every other race than whites too. White men are absolutely ****ed.
Original post by RoundTrip
It's the same for every other race than whites too. White men are absolutely ****ed.

I'd covered all that in the thread but, unfortunately, I've been censored. Je suis Charlie, eh!

Meanwhile, the precise equivalent morality is expressed in an alternate thread where the perpetually bigoted and misandristic are given a free pass to be as prejudiced as they like.

Totalitarian feminists 1 vs. 0 Rational people.
Reply 3
I'm sure if you made a valid complaint about the thread they would also take it down. I saw both thread titles and thought you were both stupid, I think that's a fair assessment when you make great generalisations about any group of people in society.

The mods react in terms of how many complaints a thread gets perhaps girls are quicker to protest. I'm not even sure why you are moaning it was obvious to me your thread was trouble just surprised it had so many posts already.

This had nothing to do with mods being biased.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's all the more ironic considering I complained about the other thread and they responded stipulating that the morality expressed - all men are douchebags - wouldn't be acceptable in another context (notably 'all black men are douchebags'), however as the thread was something people discuss in every day life, it was OK.

So I set-up the precise equivalent thread, with the precise equivalent morality, and I'm deleted. This is modern progressivism in a nutshell - ban all those who dare apply an absolute morality or demand equal treatment for all, irrespective of gender, sexuality or ethnicity.
Original post by Mancini
I'm sure if you made a valid complaint about the thread they would also take it down. I saw both thread titles and thought you were both stupid, I think that's a fair assessment when you make great generalisations about any group of people in society.

The mods react in terms of how many complaints a thread gets perhaps girls are quicker to protest. I'm not even sure why you are moaning it was obvious to me your thread was trouble just surprised it had so many posts already.

I did make a complaint. The entire thread was set-up as a reaction to the complaint.

Yeah, but you're making the assumption without looking at the thread - it was created for the purposes of highlighting how when you take something many don't regard as a prejudice (all men are douchebags) and apply it in another context (femininity), it's pretty evident that it is in fact a prejudice.

I took that prejudice towards males, placed it in the context of femininity, got slated and shamed all the way through the thread, and then they decide to delete it (despite deciding to hold back on deleting the other thread because, I quote, "it's something people talk about in every day life!").

You couldn't make it up.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by TheCitizenAct
I did make a complaint. The entire thread was set-up as a reaction to the complaint.

Yeah, but you're making the assumption without looking at the thread - it was created for the purposes of highlighting how when you take something many don't regard as a prejudice (all men are douchebags) and apply it in another context (femininity), it's pretty evident that it is in fact a prejudice.

I took that prejudice towards males, placed it in the context of femininity, got slated and shamed all the way through the thread, and then they decide to delete it (despite deciding to hold back on deleting the other thread because, I quote, 'it's something people talk about in every day life!':wink:.

You couldn't make it up.

Calm down , if more people complain they would likely take it down. Douchebag is not even something I'm offended about, I read that line and though ooh another angry teenage girl generalising men.

You got to admit though your thread title was a bit more inflammatory and from your own admittion you just created it to provoke. Well you succeeded and it got taken down, so why complain more? Did you actually think they would leave it up?
Original post by Mancini
Calm down , if more people complain they would likely take it down. Douchebag is not even something I'm offended about, I read that line and though ooh another angry teenage girl generalising men.

You got to admit though your thread title was a bit more inflammatory and from your own admittion you just created it to provoke. Well you succeeded and it got taken down, so why complain more? Did you actually think they would leave it up?

That thread wouldn't even be in existence if they hadn't condoned blatant prejudicial attitudes towards the entire male population of the United Kingdom. And yet, rather than focusing on the original perpetrator, you are focusing on my reaction to blatant prejudice?

It's not about 'douchebag', it's about applying morality consistently and how it's acceptable to stereotype all males in a way that it's clearly not acceptable to stereotype all females (or all black people, or all Jewish people, or any other identity).
Reply 8
Beat stupid people and tumblr feminists with intelligence don't sink to their level.
Reply 9
Watch out bro, this thread might also get taken down :wink:
Original post by Mancini
Beat stupid people and tumblr feminists with intelligence don't sink to their level.

If you'd read all the way through the thread, you'd realise there were a mass of 'intelligent contributions', some thousands of words long, however they censored one prejudice (a response to the initial prejudice) while clearly condoning another.

Of course, I can't show you these contributions because...they were censored.
Original post by Windies
Watch out bro, this thread might also get taken down :wink:

Quicker than you can say all men are scum, probably.
Reply 12
If you'd read all the way through the thread, you'd realise there were a mass of 'intelligent contributions', some thousands of words long, however they censored one prejudice (a response to the initial prejudice) while clearly condoning another.

Of course, I can't show you these contributions because...they were censored.

Well this may be true but your thread started with no matter what you say to defend your actions a very ignorant , prejudice title. So what exactly do you think they will do? Come on get with the program already.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Well this may be true but your thread started with no matter what you say to defend your actions a very ignorant , prejudice title. So what exactly do you think the will do? Come on get with the program already.

What do I think they will do? They will keep the other thread running, despite being just as prejudiced as my thread. FYI, my thread wasn't prejudiced, it was stated very clearly I didn't believe the post title and it was set-up to highlight how prejudicial the attitude expressed in the other thread was (by changing the context).
Reply 14
What do I think they will do? They will keep the other thread running, despite being just as prejudiced as my thread. FYI, my thread wasn't prejudiced, it was stated very clearly I didn't believe the post title and it was set-up to highlight how prejudicial the attitude expressed in the other thread was (by changing the context).

Still defending your prejudice, ignorant title like a racist defends racism. For someone attacking female logic you don't seem to have much yourself.
Original post by Mancini
Still defending your prejudice, ignorant title like a racist defends racism. For someone attacking female logic you don't seem to have much yourself.

I'm not defending the prejudice, I expressed the prejudice - in an utterly disingenuous fashion, anyone with half a brain cell knew it wasn't my actual thought process! - because I was told by TSR that the prejudice was acceptable in one context (calling all males douchebags), but not in another (stereotyping all women). So I created the thread in the other context and it was deleted. So, prejudice by women against men = perfectly acceptable, yet when you resort to prejudice against women = censorship and the worst thing imaginable.

And yet you're marking me out as the problem or the perpetrator. Funny that. Don't attack the perpetrator, attack the man who stands up against the prejudice. Bravo. The only people who are defending prejudice is TSR.

See the thread for yourself: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?hl=en&q=cache%3Awww.thestudentroom.co.uk%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D3486845&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=&pws=0
They've deleted the entirety of the 'why are all girls emotions wrecks and incapable of logic' thread and left the 'why are all guys douchebags?' thread in place. Yeah, welcome to the land of identity politics underpinned by moral relativism - there is no right or wrong, just right or wrong identity. Misandry = perfectly acceptable, misogyny = the worst crime imaginable. Utter hypocrisy.

Wow, you're still continuing? :lol:

Seriously, you need a life.

You're the bigger moron in this situation.
Again, you're still bringing up race and homosexuality when it has nothing to do with what was said earlier.
Original post by Anonymous
Wow, you're still continuing? :lol:

Seriously, you need a life.

You're the bigger moron in this situation.

Probably, I mean I've been called everything under the sun - including a 'bigot', a 'Mummy's boy', an insult to the entire human race and my own gender, etc. - for simply highlighting a basic prejudice which, in any other context, would never be deemed acceptable, particularly in the context of ethnicity.

Women standing up against sexism/misogyny = empowering. Men standing up against sexism/misandry = pathetic.

Yet, according to the Equality Act, ethnicity, gender and sexuality are all equally arbitrary, despite it being everything progressives can do to stop themselves campaigning based around these arbitrary identities.

Nonetheless, you'll resort to more shaming and yet another attack against me personally rather than the points on display, simply because you are incapable of arguing on point.

And your life is so jam-packed that you just felt the need to cloak yourself in a veil of anonymity, take the time to respond and resort to personal attacks against my character without once adding anything to the debate.
Original post by Anonymous
Again, you're still bringing up race and homosexuality when it has nothing to do with what was said earlier.

Ah, 10 points for actually arguing on point!

It has everything to do with it. Would we ever accept the standard whereby we argue 'all black people are douchebags', or 'all homosexual people are douchbags'? Of course not. Yet, according to TSR, we have to accept that standard in the context of masculinity.

It's an inconsistent application of morality (moral relativism).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending