The Student Room Group

Article: TSR's top 10 tips for Clearing 2017

Last year, more than 60,000 students found their university place through UCAS Clearing. If you think you might be among them this year, the best thing you can do is be prepared. Get your head around how Clearing works and you'll be in a strong position come results day.

That's where our checklist of Clearing tips comes in. Read through these and you'll be ready to make the most of the opportunities available in Clearing 2015.

Read the full article here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15537-tsr-s-top-10-tips-for-clearing
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
What if you don't have your AS results you know what you got but not the module mArks ?
Original post by Poojapv
What if you don't have your AS results you know what you got but not the module mArks ?

Ask your exam centre for the details when you collect your results.
:yy:
Original post by PQ
Ask your exam centre for the details when you collect your results.

Is clearing first come first serve since my center is giving results out at 8:30

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123
Is clearing first come first serve since my center is giving results out at 8:30

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but no one can add a clearing choice on ucas until 5pm so gives people time to get as many verbal offers as they can and have time to think about it.
Can I apply for the course if I don't have the required ucas point? The course is 260, but I only got 220 (though I'm having my history grade remarked)
Original post by riotofthedamned
Can I apply for the course if I don't have the required ucas point? The course is 260, but I only got 220 (though I'm having my history grade remarked)

No generally in clearing its not worth trying if you dont meet the entry requirements.

Heya,

You can always ring up the university and ask. Keep checking UCAS Clearing to see updated entry requirements. It's good to have some aspirations choices of unis to call through Clearing, but make sure you also phone those where you know you've met the entry requirements - things move quickly so you don't want to miss out on a place :smile:

Hope this helps, if you've got any other questions let me know :h: We've also got a general clearing advice line that anyone can phone (even if they're not thinking about Staffs) for help: 03702186241

Good luck and let me know how you get on :h:

Katie

Is the 260 their standard entry offer or is a special clearing offer?

If it's the standard offer then yes it's worth a phone call to see if they can help you - if it's on their clearing website then they will already have lowered it down.

H there,

We still have places on our history course for this September! We would love to hear from you so pick up the phone and call us on 01604 214808

Laura :smile:
Can you send me the address of where to send the ucas payment of £23??
(edited 8 years ago)
Could you send me the address of where to actually send the ucas payment of £23
Let's say someone wants to do a certain course at university e.g. economics but on result day they don't get into the university of their first choice and rejects other offers he got when he applied. So the person goes into clearing is it possible to do a different course than they applied to e.g. economics to physics or to engineering?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending