The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Megamoo
I think pretty much everyone at my college found it hard so I'm guessing it will be the same all over the country which hopefully means low grade boundaries! Pretty sure I got like a U :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my class said they all found it hard too so hopefully grade boundaries will be low. A lot of people on another forum on here said they found the same.. someone made this video :') https://youtu.be/BhW6j26dlXc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chriss19
Got into Coventry Dietetics, anyone else hit me up! :tongue:

Me too! :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by yasminfareed
Hi guys,
I am intending to apply to dietetics next year, but have a Canadian qualification instead. I'm actually currently studying Nutrition in Austria, but will have trouble with the credit transfer later on, so I thought that applying for a bachelor's degree would increase my chances. According to the King's Website, my 85% average with all sciences included with As are equivalent to an AAB/ABB in A levels. I'm mostly really worried that most universities won't accept my qualification and will penalise me for having already started uni. I've applied for a shadowing program and have numerous voluntary experiences though. I'm also a little worried that being an EU citizen, it would be more difficult to get into rather than the UK due to the NHS funding.

Any opinions on this? Will be grateful for any replies. Thanks!

Hi I'm a current student at UCLan and we accept all foreign qualifications. Here is a link to the course that we offer:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bsc_hons_nutrition_exercise_sciences_human_nutrition.php

if you need any further advise email our team at: [email protected]
Original post by LauraWoo
Me too! :biggrin::biggrin:

Are you on Facebook? :tongue:
Reply 404
Is Dietetics more of a females job? I am a boy and want to go into Dietetics are there any other boys who want to do it? Lastly, are he uni classes mixed or are there more women than men? Thanks
Original post by Sayfi
Is Dietetics more of a females job? I am a boy and want to go into Dietetics are there any other boys who want to do it? Lastly, are he uni classes mixed or are there more women than men? Thanks

Our cohort has roughly 20 females and 3 males
Original post by Sayfi

Hello :smile: There have been boys at Dietetics interview that I've been to, I would say that Dietetics tends to be a more female dominated subject though as in general there are more girls than boys on the course. However, if you want to become a Dietitian then just go for it, please don't be put off because there are less boys in the field than there are girls.
Original post by candlejsra
Our cohort has roughly 20 females and 3 males

what university is this?
Original post by cleanslate
This probably doesn't help your cause, but I think it varies from uni to uni. Nottingham told me there were always possibilities, whereas I got the impression from some others that there was no flexibility. I think some courses oversubscribe and thus rarely go into clearing.

Hi there, UCLan offers plenty of spaces via clearing so it's worth checking that out if you don't receive the grades you expected. You can contact them on results day on 01772 830 777.

Molly
Original post by anni101
what university is this?

Kings college
Original post by candlejsra
Kings college

ahhh i see, my future uni hopefully. What grades did you end up acheiving, im fully worried about results day eeek
What made u guys consider dietetics?
So, how did we all do? Im going to surrey!!! :biggrin:
I'm still waiting for coleraine to make a decision, my conditions were BBB and I ended up getting BBC ... This is so nerve wracking :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 414
Original post by Idrees_anwar

So am I!!! So excited for September now
Anyone going kings??

Congratulations! See you in September :smile:
Original post by 5487
So am I!!! So excited for September now

Omg yay!!!! Ill see you there! You heard about accomodation yet? I went or babd C

I'm going to surrey too!!! So happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone for Cardiff Met? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending