The Student Room Group

Student finance question

Hey everyone, the date that it says my student loan will be paid is that the actual date it will go into my account? I know it may sound like a stupid question but just wanted to know if there usually is a delay or not.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Sometimes you might get it early but it's on the day they put down in your payments schedule :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Abdi112
Sometimes you might get it early but it's on the day they put down in your payments schedule :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thats cool I was just wondering because my friends who are already at uni have said they've had there money given to them a week after they were meant to!
Original post by Abdi112

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, this is wrong. It's never released before that date, and usually not released on that date either.

Original post by richski1
Ahh thats cool I was just wondering because my friends who are already at uni have said they've had there money given to them a week after they were meant to!

Legally, the Student Loans Company can't release the payment until your university confirms your attendance on the course. This is stated on your payment schedule letter. It's usually about a week after your first class that you will receive the payment.

This doesn't affect term 2 and term 3 payments, only term 1 each year.
Reply 4
If I enroll on the 19th then surely that is plenty of time for them to confirm?
Original post by richski1
If I enroll on the 19th then surely that is plenty of time for them to confirm?

They confirm attendance, not enrolment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending