The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Normally if you have stuff going on from 9-5 then you'll have some stuff that is down for a 2 hour slot but won't actually take 2 hours. So you can normally squeeze half an hour to eat. Or it'll be a day when you have MiP and the idea is that you eat in the taxi on the way to your placement. You're technically not supposed to eat in lecture theatres but everyone does just don't eat during a lecture because it's considered disrespectful :smile:
Okay, not bad. Also, where do we get MiP handbooks from, and does the faculty send us a reading list before we actually move in?
Random question, but when do we get to pick our SSUs?
Original post by bigmac96
Okay, not bad. Also, where do we get MiP handbooks from, and does the faculty send us a reading list before we actually move in?

The university will give you a MiP booklet in the first couple of weeks of lectures. There's also an online one that can be found on BlackBoard.

They should be sending a reading list out around now? by post. But I don't think anybody buys anything on it at all :tongue: It's more for reference if you struggle with anything or have a particular interest in a speciality for further reading.
Original post by 9910224
Random question, but when do we get to pick our SSUs?

Not before you start lectures. There will be an introductory lecture in the first or second week with explanations of what you can choose. Then you have to rank your top 10 out of the 20 options (That was 2 years ago anyway) and they try to please as many people as they can via automated computer software.
Original post by Lionheartat20
Not before you start lectures. There will be an introductory lecture in the first or second week with explanations of what you can choose. Then you have to rank your top 10 out of the 20 options (That was 2 years ago anyway) and they try to please as many people as they can via automated computer software.

Thanks very much! Maaaaaan, I'm so excited.
Reply 846
Anyone else get the welcome pack today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :smile:
Original post by ja1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet... Do I get it by post or e-mail?
Reply 849
Post, includes more stuff to pay for, library groups and homework

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1
Post, includes more stuff to pay for, library groups and homework

Yeah, got it. :biggrin: This little task looks like fun, eh?
Are you guys excited to move to Soton?! Not long to go! :h:
Any waiting List-ers got offers??
Congratulations to all offer holders!
May I ask a question please.

I have the following stats :

6a* and 4a at gcse.

AS : AABB (History, Maths, Bio, Chem) Dropping History at A2.

A2 predicted grades hopefully AAA (to be confirmed).

UKCAT of 720 band 3.

What do you think of my prospects of getting an interview at Southampton for BM5?
Original post by APPLICANT2016
Congratulations to all offer holders!
May I ask a question please.

I have the following stats :

6a* and 4a at gcse.

AS : AABB (History, Maths, Bio, Chem) Dropping History at A2.

A2 predicted grades hopefully AAA (to be confirmed).

UKCAT of 720 band 3.

What do you think of my prospects of getting an interview at Southampton for BM5?

Prospects look very good to me, you just need a really great personal statement now :smile:
Original post by sotonmedic
Prospects look very good to me, you just need a really great personal statement now :smile:

Thank you Sotonmedic.

Good luck in your career!

Do you know the UKCAT score range for offer holders last year?
Original post by sotonmedic

Why don't you just apply for the 5 year programmes?
As you meet all the criteria for it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 857
Hi, I'm a waiting-lister with an offer that I received today.

Does anyone have any information about private accommodation where I can rent with other medical students/students?

The course starts on Monday and this was, of course, very late notice!! Would greatly appreciate any help :smile:
Original post by Price2
Hi, I'm a waiting-lister with an offer that I received today.

Does anyone have any information about private accommodation where I can rent with other medical students/students?

The course starts on Monday and this was, of course, very late notice!! Would greatly appreciate any help :smile:

Congrats!!!! That's amazing
Did you firm any other places after being put on waiting list?
Also what did you get in GCSEs, A levels and ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 859
Original post by spiritless98
Congrats!!!! That's amazing
Did you firm any other places after being put on waiting list?
Also what did you get in GCSEs, A levels and ukcat?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a graduate, so I have a 2:1 degree in Psychology. My A levels were ABBB (Psych, Maths, Biology, and General Studies).

My GCSEs were A*A*A*AAAABB.
UKCAT was dead on 700, band 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending