The Student Room Group

transgender - pre/post

Hi,

I'm a trans and I have just had my sex change operation. I'm wondering about one thing, does it matter to you the previous gender you partner was or you just focus on what is now? Does it bother you your partner was a girl/boy before? If yes, why?

Does it affect you desire for them? Like if you are a straight/gay and your partner used to be of same/opposite gender, would that change anything?

I would love to hear your opinions, all of them, even the negative ones, it would be like a part of my transition. Please no hate/bashing on different opinions, if I wanted that I could easily pick any controversial LGBTQ thread.

Many thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I'm a trans and I have just had my sex change operation. I'm wondering about one thing, does it matter to you the previous gender you partner was or you just focus on what is now? Does it bother you your partner was a girl/boy before? If yes, why?

Does it affect you desire for them? Like if you are a straight/gay and your partner used to be of same/opposite gender, would that change anything?

I would love to hear your opinions, all of them, even the negative ones, it would be like a part of my transition. Please no hate/bashing on different opinions, if I wanted that I could easily pick any controversial LGBTQ thread.

Many thanks!

As a gay if I was going out with a boy who used to be a girl it wouldn't bother me too much as long as they looked like a boy (i.e. I was capable of being attracted to them) and they were now completely male (e.g. not reminiscing of their time as a girl or constantly going on about their transition). It might weird me out a bit if I had known them when they were a girl but if I felt attracted to them I probably wouldn't care.
As long as he is of sound conviction (i.e. not one of the rare ones that regret the op afterwards), that's all that matters.

And stuff what family/friends might say should they find out and question my choices.

As far as I'm concerned, gender is from birth. And not in the way 'phobic people say. You always were the gender you identify as. Nothing's changed that. Your body now is in agreement with you.

It's what's on the inside that counts.
Reply 3
Thank you, I appreciate your replies.
I wouldn't because I'd probably be interested in having children in the future.
I'll probably get a lot of **** for this or "you're lying" responses when this thread gains more views, because a lot of people just cannot comprehend not everyone has the same views as them.

But nope it wouldn't bother me if I found out the guy I was dating used to be a girl. I like him for who he is, not his chromosomes. I also have no interest in having children so him not having sperm wouldn't matter either.
I'm trans too :smile: Also pansexual so it doesn't phase me. Even if I was straight, gay or bi, that wouldn't exclude trans people. :smile:
If I found out a girl I was going out/having sex with used to be a boy, I'd probably be put/turned off tbh - sorry :frown: - hope that doesnt make me bad or something?

Although, I wouldnt have a sexual or romantic relationship with a trans person, I would never discriminate againt them in any form of life and would be against anyone who did.
Reply 8
Original post by Jack22031994
If I found out a girl I was going out/having sex with used to be a boy, I'd probably be put/turned off tbh - sorry :frown: - hope that doesnt make me bad or something?

Although, I wouldnt have a sexual or romantic relationship with a trans person, I would never discriminate againt them in any form of life and would be against anyone who did.

Thanks for your reply, and no I don't think you are bad, I respect that diff ppl have diff views on this.

I'm actually more curious if it makes a difference, do you mind elaborating more on why? If possible, thanks a lot.
Show us some pics
I think if I knew before I started to become attracted to them I would be prejudiced and most likely not fall for them. If I found out they were trans and we were already dating then it wouldn't be a problem.
I wouldn't mind at all. I believe you are born with the right to know what gender you are and that it has nothing to do with your outside appearance. If I met a guy and he was born with the 'female' body parts and still had them, I wouldnt mind. If you believe you're a certain gender and im attracted to that gender, then I don't see any problem with dating you
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your reply, and no I don't think you are bad, I respect that diff ppl have diff views on this.

I'm actually more curious if it makes a difference, do you mind elaborating more on why? If possible, thanks a lot.

Im not really sure tbh - thibk its just the thought of her once being a he just is a turn off - i guess if i was bi it wouldbt matter
Wouldn't make a difference to me. Most of my attraction is based on personality (and in the rare circumstances I'm attracted to someone I've not spoken to it's due to an aspect of their appearance they've chosen). If you're kind, sweet, interesting and willing to put up with my complicated **** then you've got a chance. (For the record, I've never found anyone who fits all those requirements who's been attracted to me.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending